Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Get Together" Is Not My Cup of Tea. Here's Why. What do You Look For In EPs?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    staravia81 wrote: »
    I get that every EP is not for everyone. That's the nice thing about them - they're optional. That said, I enjoy GT. Main reason is that the club system adds extra dimension to my sims' lives. When I learned more about GT prior to its release, I wanted it so I could create gangs. But playing my game with this EP has allowed even more possibilities - hobby and lifestyle groups, cliques, scouting and afterschool activities for my children and teens. It allows for the type of activity customization I haven't seen in the previous Sims games. IMO it's a game-changer.

The problem many of us see is that while it's always been true that not every EP is for everyone TS4 does a more complete job of excluding some types of game play making it's content "not for everyone".

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

In OFB, you can only run a Retail Store or Bakery. That's it. However, use content from outside of OFB, and you can run Supermakerts, Cafe's, Restaurants etc. OFB is the tool, the rest of the packs are it's assets.

And I believe the same thing about GT. It's a WIP until the game ends.

um, no.

You could run restaurants, clothing stores, and supermarket with only the OFB pack + you could create your own toys, electronics and flower bouquets and sell them in your sims' store

tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    I really wasn't a fan of GT either. I'm not a party player and I generally like playing only 1-2 Sims at a time so the club aspects didn't appeal to me either. Then, when GT was on sale for like 75% off I got it, if only for the fact that I LOVE new objects and CAS items.

Honestly, the objects and CAS items alone were more than enough for me and I was super happy with them. I love the style and they're so detailed and look gorgeous!

The cafe venue was neat and I enjoy going there though I'd have liked the ability to own one but I didn't and don't expect them to make every future venue ownable if you have GW, so I wasn't terrible disappointed by that. The ruins and bonfire areas are really cool too!

Windenburg itself is large and beautiful and all the new Sims are a lot of fun and pretty cool to interact with. Many of the lots have beautiful surroundings which make for some really unique builds compared to the plainer lots of the other towns.

Clubs was something I avoided for a long time because they just didn't appeal to me. Whenever a Sim would invite mine to join their club I always said no. But the other week I broke down and created my own club after hearing all the interesting things other Simmers do with clubs - like keep a family and friends in one area when visiting a lot, have children do their homework consistently, have a gardening club tend your garden for you, etc. Anyway, I spent a good hour and a half just picking what rules I wanted as well as a name, location, and emblem - I enjoyed the depth of the customization. Getting into the club itself it was pretty amusing to see them try to flirt with someone, since it was a rule, and then promptly get rejected xD We spent the majority of the time loitering around the cafe conversing and annoying people to flirt and as I collected more perks I had a hard time deciding what to spend them on. The way you can use clubs to your Sims advantage is actually pretty interesting. Influence their mood, give them boosts, and lots of cool things. It wasn't JUST for socializing and hanging out, which I liked since I'm generally a homebody Simmer.

Overall, from my experience GT wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. I think if you go in with a preconceived notion of what "SHOULD" be in the pack, in every pack, you'll be extremely disappointed every time, like some of the points the OP made. But if you go in with an open mind and see what the pack actually has and what it offers to your current game play it can change your outlook. That's not to put the OP down, some of their expectations were reasonable. I expected to hate GT and feel regret from the money I wasted, even though it was hugely discounted, but I don't. I actually enjoyed it and while I may not use the clubs often there are tons of things I can use from the pack.

I understand that what I look for in a pack is completely different than what someone else might want in a pack and it is a shame that the OP didn't like GT. Whether you're the "target audience" or not doesn't particularly matter too much, in my opinion, because if you like bits and pieces of something for one reason or another that's basically hitting the tiny section of their "target audience" that is YOU! You don't have to be in love with the entire game to be the "target", at least that's how I feel about it!

So, that's just my experience and opinion of GT. Wasn't trying to sway any ideas so take it for what you will. I do hope that the OP gets more enjoyment out of future packs or aspects of future content! ^_^ /end two-sense
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @Byondtime89 Nicely said.
  • Options
    saskut0saskut0 Posts: 53 Member
    You can make a nice little group of grannies who drink tea and gossip about the bad seeds of their family. That's always fun.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    "this is the first expansion pack since The Sims 1 that did not include a new life state"
    But what about TS1 Hot date , Vacation, Unleashed?

TS1 only had a couple of alternate life states but GT is the first time in 19 EPs over 15 years that a different life state wasn't included.

Nope.
    Open For Business, Ambitions, Free Time and a few other packs include NPC's. Which are not Life States. While we didn't get a Life State with GT, we did get the Tragic Clown patched in later.

Actualy they are consider life states still, there two kinds of life states . One the playable kind, the one you can turn, or play as . Than the second kind the one that are npc you can interact with, and add to your house..