Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't think "City life" refers to nightlife

I think it's more related to cities/politics, since the recording that was leaked seemed like a new political career..(maybe playin mayor as an active career) who knows
So i think it's hard to relate this EP to a 'nightlife' theme..although I'd prefer the nightlife theme over the political one..
Anyone else thinks that?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited August 2016
    I agree, mainly because in Sims 2 and Sims 3, we didn't have bars, night clubs, or lounges in the basegame but got them with a City world. This time we go them in the basegame and got DJing and dance stuff in GT. So maybe they can do a city world this time and focus more on things that aren't more nightlife. I suppose there could be bands etc., or celebrity stuff, but the surveys had tied political stuff in. Personally, I'm okay with that! It's really missing right now, and we're not bereft of nightlife. Edited to add: Mostly I want Sims 2 style apartments, though (which were a separate EP in that game)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Nightlife is only half of the life in a city. ;)<3
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,331 Member
    I agree, mainly because in Sims 2 and Sims 3, we didn't have bars, night clubs, or lounges in the basegame but got them with a City world. This time we go them in the basegame and got DJing and dance stuff in GT. So maybe they can do a city world this time and focus more on things that aren't more nightlife. I suppose there could be bands etc., or celebrity stuff, but the surveys had tied political stuff in. Personally, I'm okay with that! It's really missing right now, and we're not bereft of nightlife. Edited to add: Mostly I want Sims 2 style apartments, though (which were a separate EP in that game)

To be really honest i think EA should finish all nightlife related packs before moving on on a completely new theme..
    Politics isn't what missing now, to be honest what's really missing right now and needed is generations EP with toddlers
    But since EA seems to be ignoring that and focusing on YA packs then nightlife themes need to be finished and baked completely before moving on another theme..
    Late night features were thrown separately and are scattered around in TS4 unlike in Sims 3 it came as a whole EP..
    We still nightlife features like glass ball nightclub lights, celebrities, vampires, paparazzi, subways, dive bars, BANDS and Gigs, Elevators and penthouses!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I hope you're right. I'd be very happy if they actually included the town editing tools they mentioned in the survey for the mayor/town life EP:

"Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!"

That would be a gigantic step in the right direction for me. But I'm not counting on it because I don't want to be disappointed again...
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited August 2016
    graventhe wrote: »
    Late night features were thrown separately and are scattered around in TS4 unlike in Sims 3 it came as a whole EP..
    Um say hello to Late Night and Showtime?
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I hope the city also has some cultural neighborhoods (the Itallian and Asian themed resteraunts in Dine Out would be great there!) With different kinds of food at food carts, certain items for sale in the markets, and different drinks at bars! And they could have embassies, where politicians would need to go sometimes!
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Well, nightlife was basically about partying and we already have enough of that so I wouldn't be to annoyed if 'City Life' was more about exploring more about cities apart from the party aspect and diving deeper into it...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't get where people get the idea that there is so much nightlife stuff in S4. There is only one stuff pack, Luxury Party Stuff, and nowhere does it say you must use these items only at night. Get Together added the opportunity to create club or groups of people with common interests but all people seem to think of are nightclubs. You can have club meetings during the day, not just at night and they do not need to center around anything that is nightclub related. Is it because you get a call from a friend asking if you want to go to a party or rave? Say no and don't go. Again, no big deal. So where is all this partying coming from because my sims are missing out.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't get where people get the idea that there is so much nightlife stuff in S4. There is only one stuff pack, Luxury Party Stuff,

Get together was full of it, game already had the "life of the party" add on, already had nightclubs places to party seeing as you could just had a few things here and there like music bar etc and it was be a proper nightclub (without GT), bars which was pretty nightlifey which was kinda in the base game already, lounges which could be fun in the night so yeah I suppose
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    But I'd love more romantic things to, even though we already has romantic garden and dine out
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    But I'd love more romantic things to, even though we already has romantic garden and dine out
    The game could use some more romantic stuff for the bedroom. And some more romantic apparel too. ;)<3

• Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The game could use some more romantic stuff for the bedroom. And some more romantic apparel too. ;)<3

Would want the cuddling in the bed feature to return because that was sooo cute !!!
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »

Would want the cuddling in the bed feature to return because that was sooo cute !!!
    I miss that too, and wish that they would bring that back. ;)<3

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited August 2016

To be really honest i think EA should finish all nightlife related packs before moving on on a completely new theme..
    Politics isn't what missing now, to be honest what's really missing right now and needed is generations EP with toddlers
    But since EA seems to be ignoring that and focusing on YA packs then nightlife themes need to be finished and baked completely before moving on another theme..
    We still nightlife features like glass ball nightclub lights, celebrities, vampires, paparazzi, subways, dive bars, BANDS and Gigs, Elevators and penthouses!

I think it's able to be missing multiple things ;) It's undeniable that neither toddlers nor a politics career are in the game. Which one a person wants more is individual.

Late night features were in the base game of Sims 4, which I loved. It was awesome not to have to wait and spend an extra $40 just so my Sims could have a social life that included a bar. More would be nice. "Dive bars" are just bars with grungier decor and not so much food, though; we can make those now without them having a different name. Elevators and penthouses are about places to live, not about nightlife. I suppose a disco ball would be fun; I have seen a real one in decades, so it's a bit retro AFAIK. Bands would be cool. Vampires would be ok if done well. I'd rather have Sims 2 style apartments than those, if they were making the decisions now, and get those fully done well later. I imagine it's a good trick getting bands to work well.

<-- is just back from the bar IRL
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited August 2016
    Simanite wrote: »

To be fair, showtime did not come with a 'city' world and the content included only pertained to performing in one of the three career paths added to the game. The only aspect of LN that it built upon were performances which were barely a thing in LN anyway.

Late Night (and Nightlife) centered around going out and doing night time activities. Bars and clubs arent usually open during the day, unless there is some sort of cuisine component there too.

I would say 'Late Night' content was covered in a single EP.

ETA: I like the political aspect of it; i.e. Making new 'laws' and such, shaping your world through the community inhabiting it. I would like to see some variation. The base game came with bars, and clubs; Get Together expanded upon bars and clubs - In my opinion they have spent enough time focusing on the night life. There are far more aspects to city life than the night life aspect. Hopefully this EP captures than instead of throwing more party content our way.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I hope it has both. Nightlife and Political life. I honestly wanted a Seasons EP, but if this has the best of both then I'll still be happy
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    edited August 2016
    Get together should have been Nightlife in my opinion. Anyway, I would like to see stuff like skateboarding alley, drawing gravity on the walls and subway entrance even if it is a decor. :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

To be fair, showtime did not come with a 'city' world and the content included only pertained to performing in one of the three career paths added to the game. The only aspect of LN that it built upon were performances which were barely a thing in LN anyway.

Late Night (and Nightlife) centered around going out and doing night time activities. Bars and clubs arent usually open during the day, unless there is some sort of cuisine component there too.

I would say 'Late Night' content was covered in a single EP.

Showtime fleshed out the nightlife scene though, with DJ booths, pool tables, juke boxes etc. Late Night added the bars and ability to go out, but it was lacking quite a few things to actually do. :tongue:
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    I totally agree. Nightlife was already covered in Get Together. There might be another EP or GP in the future that adds more nightlife stuff. But I also think City Life is more focused on daily activities.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Sorry if the image is huge im on mobile but I'd love the city or (cities if we get more than one) to look like:
    GP_HongKong.jpg
    new-york-city.jpg
    Sydney_skyline_at_dusk_-_Dec_2008.jpg

giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    superfisticuffsuperfisticuff Posts: 11 New Member
    I agree with he fact that majority of features in nightlife have already been covered in get together such as clubbing, DJ skill and dance skill also restaurant also have been covered so whats left is possibly a supermarket, laundromat, moviehouse, theater as in plays. So this pack will definitely focus on something totally different. They will probably have the rep system return but more robust. Hopefully the game will wisely get ideas from the urbz sims in the city where very distinct cultures exists in the city for your characters can interact. I love the urbz because it had such a unique quality about each district. They will probably also narrow heavily from the sims 2 apartments.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2016
    City life is both...a day life in the city and a night life in the city...a city that never sleeps....

to understand the city life is to understand that there is a day life and a night life in the city soooo it's both.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member

Even if it s not nightlife I hope it has an attraction system,online dating,the slowdance and other new romantic animations.

They could still throw in more venues for dating like cinemas and bowling alleys.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,331 Member

Even if it s not nightlife I hope it has an attraction system,online dating,the slowdance and other new romantic animations.

They could still throw in more venues for dating like cinemas and bowling alleys.

I think things you mentioned might come in Get Love GP or EP but i think it's highly unlikely to come in a City inspired EP..
    But i hope you're right..i want these more than anything especially attraction system.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    I don't think a Find Love ep will happen but a city ep is a good opportunity to add more romantic stuff even if it's not a romance pack.