Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More limited-time challenges...*RANT*

WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
They are now even working on more and going into depth into those seasonal challenges >.> Yes I know some of you enjoy them and stuff, but still many yes MANY of us DON'T! Maxis please, instead of wasting your resources and time on limited-time stuff why not use your work and resources on more worthwile and permanent features in the game? We still lack NPCs, how about you work on those police/firefighters/criminals instead of Jasmine 2.0? Why? Please Maxis, wake up. If those objects and stuff were permanent little mini challenges I can do when bored then sure but it is some lame seasonal thing. :/ Heck even still make them limited but not at this current stage, when we lack more important stuff, add them later when the game is "more complete", aka more fun and playable where we can do the challenge as a little fun thing but like add them NOW? Fam no. I miss The Sims when it was a SIMULATION game not to do this or do that.

Share your opinions ~

Source:

http://simscommunity.info/2016/08/16/the-sims-4-new-event-system-coming-soon/

Gurus please don't merge this into the other thread, this is discussing the idea of more challenges NOT the new xp feature.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
Post edited by Wulfsimmer on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My opinion? You and I have no way to know how many people enjoy the seasonal challenges. Many people were posting about doing them during previous times. Maybe it's a lot more people than you think? There were even people posting weeks after the spring one, hoping to find a way to do them because they'd missed it. We also don't actually know what they might be draining resources from - or to what extent they bring people back to play and how much those people then end up buying more packs and thus funding the development of those permanent things. EA, however, can probably track stuff like that. And if a temporary avoidable (that matters to me) event can actually help fund new stuff I do want while entertaining some Simmers even if those don't happen to include me? Then bring it on.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I still want inactive played household decay gone, especially when you have reached maximum in an area with them. It is a bummer for rotational players like me. Superficial sim relationships don't matter to me, but, the built up ones do.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    A week lower of household decay is not going to mean much
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I happen to like the holiday events, but I can understand that way more other things are needed more, I am just hoping I finally get stuff that I can use in My game, since still waiting from day 1.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited August 2016
    The challenges can be fun at times, but I agree that it would be better if they were more like the contests in "Sims 2: Freetime": Optional side-quests that we could do at our leisure at any time of the year. As enjoyable as the egg hunt is, it feels more like something that belongs in an online game like "Subeta" or "Monster Legends" than in an offline game like "The Sims" because of it being on a real world seasonal schedule. If we had a "Seasons" EP and it was something that came along as part of the in-game spring season, then it would feel a little less out of place, though. After all, TS2's "Seasons" actually allowed you to manipulate the length and order of your seasons at will, so if TS4's "Seasons" ends up working the same way, we could give ourselves as much time as we like to complete the seasonal challenges and unlock those prizes.

...Man, TS2 is the bomb even with all of its game-breaking glitches!
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Is there even a challenge this month?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I don't mind the challenges.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    The challenges don't really bother me, but I feel it's EA's easy way out to make the Sims 4 look like it's a ball of fun to casual players.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »
    They are now even working on more and going into depth into those seasonal challenges >.> Yes I know some of you enjoy them and stuff, but still many yes MANY of us DON'T! Maxis please, instead of wasting your resources and time on limited-time stuff why not use your work abd resources on more worthwile and permanent features in the game? We still lack NPCs, how about you work on those police/firefighters/criminals instead of Jasmine 2.0? Why? Please Maxis, wake up. If those objects and stuff were permanent little mini challenges I can do when bored then sure but it is some lame seasonal thing. :/ Heck even still make them limited but not at this current stage, when we lack more important stuff, add them later when the game is "more complete", aka more fun and playable where we can do the challenge as a little fun thing but like add them NOW? Fam no.

Share your opinions ~

Source:

http://simscommunity.info/2016/08/16/the-sims-4-new-event-system-coming-soon/

Gurus please don't merge this into the other thread, this is discussing the idea of more challenges NOT the new xp feature.

I mildly enjoy them and are happy that we get them ^^ From what I can gather from your post you don't really like the challenges because you think they take from something else we could be having?

I guess that's games for you ;) Hehe no I can recognise the fact that not all enjoy challenges like I do, just like I perhaps don't like something you do, but the Guru's have a lot of people to please and if they can reach some with mini challenges I hope they continue doing it. I think it sort of brings the community together because whenever we have one, people talking and comparing with each other and are just having fun.

I'll never see something adding to the game as unnecessary, even if I might not enjoy it myself. I just don't bother and focus on things I do like.

I hope they don't stop making them just because some don't like them, like with alien abductions, if they stop I hope they do it because they are out of ideas.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I don't care about challenges as long as they don't interfere with my gameplay. I willingly choose to ignore challenges because I just don't like them. Having challenges forced upon my gameplay (eg skill gain boost) is a big no no for me. In my opinion it's a line they shouldn't cross.
  • Options
    JuneDuneJuneDune Posts: 50 Member
    If it's anything like the last seasonal challenge, I'm probably not going to enjoy it tbh. Don't get me wrong; I'm not the voice of the people, and others may like it. But as soon as they added that Growfruit Challenge, I knew they were just going to implement this idea of a temporary challenge so that when they ran out of ideas or didn't have the resources to make a legit free patch with permanent content, they would resort to a challenge. To me, it seems like the easy way out for a 'new ways to play', especially since this new way to play is removed a patch later (unless you got the items, but some people missed out). It just seems like a waste of time because you're not really getting straight out new permanent content. Again, that's my opinion. If it does come, I hope that people that do like it get to enjoy it. :smile:
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    I dislike the challenges aswell but I know and comprehend that some people may like it. What I dont understand is why they put effort and why are they spending their time with things like this when there so much missing content they could add... Cannot understand their plans or what are they doing with the sims....
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Meh. I kind of think they have them just to get people who aren't playing to boot up their game again. It hasn't worked for me since December, but I'm sure it works for others. It's not my cup of tea, tbh. If that's the only reason for me to play, it's not enough.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I hate how completing the Growfruit+Egg challenges only unlocked the prizes for that save.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2016
    I find them annoying and distracting from what I am doing in the game.
    I think I will find myself, more and more, not playing while these challenges are going on.
    I'm not playing much anyway though. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I don't play the sims for challenges. Or to compete. Or for trying to 'win' anything.

This whole challenge/XP thing finally killed the spark for me.

--T
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    For me this is more proof that those involved with this edition do not understand, imo, what a sims game was. They were never a competition game. I did not play the Sims 1,2 or3 to win. They were not that type game.
    Unfortunately for me, this is what they have turned TS4 into. For some it may be welcomed, but not for me.
    So sad. The only games I play are the sims on pc, with the exception of 4. Just not what I was looking for in a sims game. :/

kim

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I hate how completing the Growfruit+Egg challenges only unlocked the prizes for that save.

It's easy to recover the characters and objects even if you've skipped the challenge. Just ask in the modding section and I'm sure that you'll receive an immediate answer.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member
    Let's threat this as a opportunity not a threat. Yes, growfruit challenge was boring (for me) but they said that they are working on improvement, right? Well, I have a dream... ;) Let's imagine challenges with a story line. Jasmine visits you with a problem, someone stole her priceless painting... Ok, that sounds really boring too... :D Dunno, I wish that this challenges will have some interesting storyline and won't be like "pick 5 stones" "create 1 item" and bring it to Jasmine, because that would be booring. But if that would be a story, with next part every month, and storyline connected with our decision... that would be great. And propably unreal.
    But still... Creating regular challenges is the best way to make sure that they'll have regular players every month and that's propably their real goal.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    For me this is more proof that those involved with this edition do not understand, imo, what a sims game was. They were never a competition game. I did not play the Sims 1,2 or3 to win. They were not that type game.
    Unfortunately for me, this is what they have turned TS4 into. For some it may be welcomed, but not for me.
    So sad. The only games I play are the sims on pc, with the exception of 4. Just not what I was looking for in a sims game. :/

kim

I know how you feel. When I first played Sims 4 I had to ask myself if those who worked on the game ever played any The Sims title in their life (yes, I know there are devs who have been around since S1 and S2 days. But I think they all need to play the older games again before even thinking of starting work on Sims 5). Why work so hard at trying to change a game that millions of people have already fallen in love with?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I don't care about challenges as long as they don't interfere with my gameplay. I willingly choose to ignore challenges because I just don't like them. Having challenges forced upon my gameplay (eg skill gain boost) is a big no no for me. In my opinion it's a line they shouldn't cross.

I feel the same way. I want to do stories, and don't care about challenges.