Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Aging Idea that could possibly go with Generations or a general update

I know people are tired of hearing about toddlers, but some simmers really like realism in their game. I am one of those simmers, and because of that I constructed a sim aging system that is realistic and introduces two new age groups. Also understand that days are not equal to real life years, and these days can be adjusted.

Baby (Daycare) 0-2 days old
Toddler (Daycare/Pre-school) 3-6 days old
Child (Elementary School) 7-12 days old
Pre-teen (Middle School) 13-18 days old
Teen (High School) 19-28 days old
Young Adult (College/ Early Career) 29-43 days old
Adult (Mid-Career) 44-63 days old
Elder (Late Career/ Retirement) 64-73+ (Death can be between 68 and 80)

This is just one idea that I hope is seriously considered by game developers.
TNhwLG.jpg

Comments

• Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    A lot of people mention that they would like a Pre-teen lifestage and I agree with them I think that it would be pretty cool and something new added to the game, If it is added I would like to explore the new life stage, as well as have toddler added back I the near future.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I know people are tired of hearing about toddlers, but some simmers really like realism in their game. I am one of those simmers, and because of that I constructed a sim aging system that is realistic and introduces two new age groups. Also understand that days are not equal to real life years, and these days can be adjusted.

For freaking sakes.. TEENS aren't 19-28. They're 13-17. Preteens are 10-12. YAs are 18-30.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    suuismsuuism Posts: 31 Member
    I would adjust the ages a bit but I can see how this would make the game a bit more clutter and chaotic. I would love to have the option to select which age stages I wanted to use, like an addition to the age day limits, if the choices were added to Sims 4. I've noticed that EA likes to streamline the Sims series so that the game is extremely user friendly and open to adjustments for personal preference so anything that might turn a new and loyal gamers might not make the cut.
  • Options
    AnnMariaAnnMaria Posts: 181 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

For freaking sakes.. TEENS aren't 19-28. They're 13-17. Preteens are 10-12. YAs are 18-30.

I think it was an accident for preteens
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

You missed the days old part.
    Teens aren't really 19-28 days old, we all know that.
    But for the sake of the usual life span in the game, it could make sense.... to some.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I know it's days old. I just hate it people call 13 years old "YA" (outside of books labelled YA and you know it's for teens). YAs where I come from are "college" age students which means at least 18+. anyone younger then YA (18) but older then a child/preteen (8-12) are teenagers (13-17)
    6adMCGP.gif