Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Project Zero - A new system for new writing ideas

Project Zero

A long time ago the system collapsed. What we would have known as the third world war is now just known as the beginning of project zero. Most of the cities were destroyed. After the war the program build their own cities. Some are trying to imitate the old towns and culture and others are very modern with the newest techniques.

The new society system went back to class system. Once you are born in one you have just one chance to get a level higher. Once you are 18 you can try to fight for a higher position. But the chances to be able to get higher are pretty low. Just the first two classes are profiting from this system. They won’t let everybody try to get higher. The competitions are manipulated and the chances to die during the fights are much higher and it is kind of a gladiator game. So most of the people stay in their class without a chance to get higher.

Only the 2nd class can get higher and so to the first class if they want to become a politician.

A marriage between different classes is just allowed between the middle two (3rd and 4th). Lower classes and higher classes are not allowed to be connected to each other. To see who belongs to which class the people have implantations and nano-chips in their left hands. Others cities mark them with tattoos, but these are more common in the older cities without high technique.

Of course not everybody welcomes the new system. Especially the lower classes aren’t satisfied with their situation. Because of that some cities got a rebel problem. They regularly try to attack the system either with destroying important technologies or with political revolts.

The guards of this new world are gen-manipulated and so very fast, strong and they see even at night perfect. They make the life of the rebellions really hard. It is well known everywhere that you have no real chance against them. Especially cause weapons are officially only available for them. If you still want one you have to take illegal ways and hide them well. The guards are controlled by the 1st class.

However, some of those guards still broke out from the system. They aren’t accepted from any society, neither from the classes nor from the rebells. The only chance they have with their abilities is being an assassin. If you have enough money and braveness you can hire one of those people to get rid of somebody or to manipulate something.

In the first and second class plastic surgery is pretty popular. They also have entertainment through theatre and fighting games.

Classes:

1st class - politicians
2nd class - scientists, doctors, professors, models, actors, designer, stylists, manager, writer (as long as it is nothing political) …
(I guess you get the idea of this class)
From now on no class has really enough money but as higher the number of the class the less money they have.
3rd class - self-employed - (bakery owner, tailor, restaurant owners, laundry owner, …)
4th class - employers (waiter, maid, butler, cook, everything except a few jobs/ later more)
3rd and 4th class are pretty similar and are allowed to marry in one of the classes.

5th class - farmer (Nothing of the land belongs them. They are just working there.)
6th class - factory workers (They are treated like slaves. Those are the one class which fights more often then the other classes to get higher.)

Special classes:
Guards - You can became a guard if your genes are the right ones. Every child is tested when it is 10 years old. Except the first two classes everyone can become one. The child is taken then and through gen manipulation and years of training (and often erasing their memory) they become a guard. Guards aren’t earning money. They get whatever they need for their life. They aren’t supposed to marry ever or to fall in love. It is said that they don’t feel anything.

Out of classes:
Rebells
Assassins

What is this now?

No. It is no challenge. It is a writing experiment. You will pick a city, no matter if one of these I will post below or another you make, and write a story in this sci-fi future. Pick a class and play there. You wanna make a revolution? Sure do so. But beware. If you write a story in the same city as another writer you have to respond to what happens there. That means if the writer makes a revolution and it works you have to go with that. Cause the most important rule is that everything plays in the same world. You can start before project zero and write about the development of the classes or you can jump into the future and how it looks in a few decades. Your story can go over generations or just focus on a few years. You can write a short story or a long. It is completely up to you. Will you try to change this world or will you keep the voices of the revolutions silent no matter what it costs? Will you tell a story about the rich and beautiful? Will you play with the system or against it? Now it is up to you. :)

I hope that this will find interest here. Please post your cities and stories here so that I can make an index with them.
I will write by now here just a short story. I hope to post it as soon as possible. ;)

Comments

• Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited August 2016
    Cities: (till now)

Yorana (Old New York, USA)
    Old damaged buildings in combination with high tech.

@Pegasus143 story will follow here

Saraph (Rebuild Salzburg, Austria)
    Completely rebuilt city. Factories and the living spaces of the 4th and 6th class are in the underground.

@Marialein
    Chapter 1 - 1st class - Stephan Karnol

Kyo (ex Tokyo, Japan)
    Everything is new there. They are seen as the revolutionises of the technique.

Biomorth (close to the destroyed Dubai)
    A biosphere in the heart of the dessert. Orientated on natural forms.

@CathyTea

Ulara Island(Sunda Islands, Indonesia)
    Indonesia stayed out of the war but the impact of the war still destroy the civilization but not so much as we can still see the remaining of the building. The nature made the jungle to grew back.

@AkramA
    Post edited by Marialein on
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    This sounds really interesting! I'd love to write a story for Yorana
  • Options
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

I can't wait to read it! :blush: Should I sign you in for Yorana? (name can still be changed if you want to)
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Marialein wrote: »
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

I can't wait to read it! :blush: Should I sign you in for Yorana? (name can still be changed if you want to)
    Yes, that would be great.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Gosh! This sounds like so much fun! I'd love to join in.

I've got a few questions:

I'd probably play rather slowly, and I'd like to have it as a long story, writing it for at least six months and maybe longer... Would that work? And what if my Sims break the rules? Is that ok, as long as I work it into the story? I think this sounds very fun with lots of exciting ways of collaborating!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I'd probably play rather slowly, and I'd like to have it as a long story, writing it for at least six months and maybe longer... Would that work? And what if my Sims break the rules? Is that ok, as long as I work it into the story? I think this sounds very fun with lots of exciting ways of collaborating!

You can write as long as you want to. I have by now a lot of stories going on and so I will concentrate first on a short story but you can make a long one too. Even generations if you want to. Your sims can always break the rules. It is your story and if you think it fits you let it happen. ;)
    After all it is no challenge. The only rule I would like to not be broken is that when you play in the same city as someone else you automatically do at least a little collab. But I guess this should work :)
    Do you have already a city in mind? Do you want to create one?
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

You can write as long as you want to. I have by now a lot of stories going on and so I will concentrate first on a short story but you can make a long one too. Even generations if you want to. Your sims can always break the rules. It is your story and if you think it fits you let it happen. ;)
    After all it is no challenge. The only rule I would like to not be broken is that when you play in the same city as someone else you automatically do at least a little collab. But I guess this should work :)
    Do you have already a city in mind? Do you want to create one?

I would love to do Biomorth! Will that work?

I'm hoping there are lots of cross-overs!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    Ooh this looks interesting, I'll probably make a few chapter here and there, just want to get involved. Can I make a new city?
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    Ooh this looks interesting, I'll probably make a few chapter here and there, just want to get involved. Can I make a new city?

Sure :) just tell me the concept of it (building style, country ...) and I will add it ;)
  • Options
    Okay, it's in one of the small island in the Sunda Islands, Indonesia. Indonesia stayed out of the war but the impact of the war still destroy the civilization but not so much as we can still see the remaining of the building. The nature made the jungle to grew back.
  • Options
    Okay, it's in one of the small island in the Sunda Islands, Indonesia. Indonesia stayed out of the war but the impact of the war still destroy the civilization but not so much as we can still see the remaining of the building. The nature made the jungle to grew back.

That sounds really interesting :blush: I can't wait to read about it ;) I will add it to the list of the cities.
    By now I am writing the first of by now eight parts of my short story. I will write a little bit about all classes and try to make the picture of the class system clearer.
  • Options

That sounds really interesting :blush: I can't wait to read about it ;) I will add it to the list of the cities.
    By now I am writing the first of by now eight parts of my short story. I will write a little bit about all classes and try to make the picture of the class system clearer.

Forgot the name of the island, it's Ulara Island!
  • Options
    Okay this is the first chapter of my short story. By now it is still without pictures but I will add them and post it in a new thread as well. You can already read it to get a feeling for this world if you want to but feel free to make your world however you want to ;) I put it in a spoiler.
    1st class - Stephan

I petted over the soft textile of my silk suit. I had always been a fan of the old style. I loved the old buildings of Saraph even though they didn’t look as good as on the pictures I had seen. As the president of Saraph I had a lot of important meetings with other politicians but my meeting today would be everything but official. No matter what, it was expected that I looked as good and stylish as always. Just in case that someone would see me. Despite that I had another official meeting after that.

I took my briefcase and ordered the stuff inside again. I needed to be prepared. Of course my bodyguards would come with me to protect me but they are still under the regime of the others of the first class too. Even though they are mindless idiots and they won’t say anything if I didn’t want them to say something I had to take care of it that they won’t say something by mistake. Having the power to erase their memory after my meeting was necessary. I took the ampoules and the syringes out of my briefcase. I would need them soon enough.

Finally my preparations were completed. I stepped out of my office and was immediately followed by my protection dogs. I knew that I should probably know their names by now cause the two are by my side since I took over the position as a president but who cares about them? They were just cannon fodder in the case of the cases. One of them had blonde hair and was huge and muscular. The other one had a shaved head but both had the same read eyes as every gen-manipulated guard.

I passed the living room and was about to leave when I heard a voice.
    “Dad? Were are you going?”
    I turned around and looked in the beautiful face of my daughter. Her black her was falling down on her shoulders like black water. She wore a dress that looked more as if it was ancient but I knew that it was the common trend to wear such things right now. My daughter looked like an ancient goddess from an old painting I had once seen in one of the last museums. She was one of the last natural beauties in the higher classes. Every women had always something they want to change about themselves but not my Tanja. She was already a pretty famous model and I thank the maker that she got her mothers look. She was the one I would do everything for.
    “Tanja, my girl, I have to go to an important meeting. You know that.”
    “When will you be back?”
    “I guess it will be already after the dinner. So don’t wait for me. I try to be back as soon as possible. What are your plans for today?”
    She shrugged.
    “I don’t know yet. Maybe I will visit the Schranne today but I don’t know by now. My next job is tomorrow in the morning so nothing special.”
    “Please take your guard with you when you leave the house. I still don’t know how you are always able to run them away. You know that I am just worried about you, don’t you?”
    Tanja gave me her innocent look. She could do this especially good with those dark big eyes. She bit on her lip which she made always when she was a bit nervous. I didn’t know why she was nervous but I hoped that it was just the excitement for the job tomorrow.
    “Yes, dad. I know.”
    “Bye, honey. Have a nice day.”
    I kissed her forehead and stroke softly over her cheek. My little girl was growing up so fast …
    “Bye dad …”

I went out of my house with my two shadows following me. Together we went to the underground system entrance near the new build manor Mirabell. I felt how the mood of my guards changed as soon as we entered the world of the 6th class. It was a dirty and ugly way to live and if it wouldn’t be necessary I wouldn’t be down here. Sometimes even a first class needed to take the subway but the good thing was that the way to the trains wasn’t far. My guards were observing the people around me. Factory workers went from one place to another. You couldn’t be careful enough here. A lot of those people were a potential danger cause they thought they were worth to be a first or second class as well. Without guards you can be robbed down here pretty quick or worse.

After a few minutes of travel I finally arrived my destination. In an old building which somehow survived the war I would meet with my business partner. The building had been a church once I guess and it would have been pretty easy to reach it without the subway but it is nearly impossible to go there unseen without the underground system. While building the subway and the 6th class living areas the construction workers had broken through the catacombs and a hidden way to reach the building was the result. I passed the catacombs without looking too much at the bones from human before project zero started. I went upstairs and was welcomed by the daylight which was falling through the half destroyed windows. I had always liked this building but it was too destroyed to renovate it and it would be a shame to tear it off and build it new again. Probably I liked it just this much cause I was so much into the old buildings.

I walked a few steps but the person I was awaiting wasn’t here. I felt how I lost my patience. I had better things to do than to wait for that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 man to arrive. I started to play with my fingers to stop me from storming away without finishing the business.
    “Are we losing the patience already, Stephan?”
    I turned around to the shadow were I heard the voice from. My guards wanted to protect me from that sudden visitor but I gave them a signal that it was alright.
    “You should know it better, assassin, than to let me wait.”
    “Sure, but I am not the one who wants something. What job is it this time?”
    “Manipulation. The games of this year are coming closer.”
    “Who should lose the games?”
    The assassin was already used to this manipulation. I decided who won and who lost. It was not the fight itself. It was just politic. I handed the man the list. A few names of young man who really thought they could get a step higher. Those naive boys. The man in front of me read over the names. He mumbled the names while reading.
    “Raphael Forsk, Alice Mara, Oliver Fandeger … Alright, I will keep my part of the deal now it is your turn.”
    I took the briefcase and handed it to him.
    “The first half before you are done the other half after. As always.”

Then the assassin brought me and my guards back to the entrance of the underground system. There I handed him the ampoules and the syringes. With a quick move the assassin placed the “medicine” on the right place of my guards bodies. Sometimes it was hard to believe that this man had been just like them. He seemed to be so different in many things.

It took just a few minutes for my guards to rebut and then I was off to an official meeting with the council.
  • Options
    Great chapter, Marialein! I'm really interested in where we'll all take this epic story!

• Options
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    this sounds very interesting! i may start a story on this too, but later when school starts again. i don't know how buisy that plus my Apocalypse story will keep me.
  • Options
    @TheGeekGamez that would be amazing but it is really up to you :) Any ideas for a city or do you want to collaborate with someone?
  • Options
  • Options
    @Marialein Kyo seems quite interesting.

Should I sign you in or do you want to wait a bit or probably come up with an own idea for a city?
  • Options
    @Marialein not yet, when school starts up again i will know if i have enough time to write it.