Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Re-Install Sims Mega Deluxe and Other Add-Ons

kathleen5kathleen5 Posts: 14 New Member
I dug out my original sims games and installing. I am looking for the crack code so I don't need the CD inserted to play the game and the blur code. The Mega Pack came with House Party and Hot Date. I have Vacation and Unleashed, is there an order I install Vacation and Unleashed? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2016
    If I remember correctly yes it is important to install them in the order they were released, but it's been a long time since I last played this game. If you are asking about the release order of this game, I went and looked up when they were release, and Vacation came out before Unleashed.
    I'm having problems trying to get the link to show up properly.
    This is from Wikipedia, if you want to read it for yourself, it is called
    The Sims (video game)

Livin' Large
    Main article: The Sims: Livin' Large
    The Sims: Livin' Large (The Sims: Livin' It Up in Europe) is the first expansion pack for The Sims, released on August 31, 2000 in North America. This expansion pack focuses on adding new unconventional characters, careers, items, and features.

House Party
    The Sims: House Party is the second expansion pack for The Sims, released on April 2, 2001 in North America. House Party gives players the ability and facilities to hold parties and gatherings in their Sims' homes. House Party was reissued in October 2002, to mark the release of The Sims Deluxe Edition and to match the box covers of the Hot Date and Vacation expansion packs. Drew Carey also makes an appearance in the game if the player's Sims hold a good enough party.

Hot Date
    Main article: The Sims: Hot Date
    The Sims: Hot Date is the third expansion pack for The Sims, released on November 12, 2001 in North America. Hot Date adds the ability for Sims to leave their homes and travel to new destinations. In this expansion pack, the new destination is composed of ten new lots and is called "Downtown". All of the following expansion packs for The Sims add new destinations as well. Hot Date also introduces a revamped relationship system involving short- and long-term relationships. Sims can also carry inventory and give gifts to other Sims. Hot Date also adds a variety of items and new characters.

Vacation
    The Sims: Vacation (The Sims: On Holiday in the Republic of Ireland, the UK, China, and Scandinavia) is the fourth expansion pack for The Sims, released on March 28, 2002 in North America. Vacation introduces a new destination called "Vacation Island" where Sims can take vacations with family members or with other Sims. This marks the first time Sims can stay on lots away from home. In other words, the game can be saved while a Sim is on Vacation Island. Vacation Island is split into three distinct environments: beach, forest, and snow-capped mountain. Sims can stay at a hotel or rent a tent/igloo to rough it in the wild. They can also purchase or find souvenirs. As with other expansion packs, Vacation introduces new items, characters, and features pertaining to the theme of vacations.

Unleashed
    The Sims: Unleashed is the fifth expansion pack for The Sims, released on November 7, 2002 in North America. Unleashed introduces pets into the game. While dogs and cats are treated as Sims, other pets are treated as objects. However, dogs and cats cannot be controlled directly like human Sims are; only their movements can be directed by the player. The expansion game also introduces gardening. It has the original ten-lot neighborhood is expanded to over forty, with the added ability to rezone these lots for residential or community use. Community lots may be modified to shops, cafes, and other commercial establishments.

Superstar
    The Sims: Superstar is the sixth expansion pack for The Sims, released on May 13, 2003 in North America. This expansion allows the player's Sims to become entertainment figures and includes representations of several famous personalities. A number of celebrities make cameo appearances but cannot be controlled by the player, and include Avril Lavigne, Andy Warhol, Marilyn Monroe, Jon Bon Jovi, Christina Aguilera, Freddie Prinze, Jr., Sarah McLachlan, Jennifer Lopez and Richie Sambora. Superstar adds new work and leisure items, and a new destination called "Studio Town". This new destination functions as a workplace for celebrity Sims where regular visits may be required to maintain their fame and career, marking the first time where players could follow their Sims to work. Non-celebrity Sims may choose to visit Studio Town for leisure.

Makin' Magic
    The Sims: Makin' Magic is the seventh and final expansion pack for The Sims, released on October 29, 2003 in North America. It introduces magic to the game and allows Sims to cast spells, forge charms, and buy alchemical ingredients. Makin' Magic introduces the Magic Town lots, which house vendors of magical ingredients and items and a number of magic-related mini-games. In addition, it introduces baking and nectar-making. Additional residential lots are also included in Magic Town, marking the first time that Sims may live outside of the main neighborhood. These lots contain new aesthetic accents such as new grass textures and background sound effects; they also have a higher chance of growing magical items. This expansion pack includes a disc containing a preview of The Sims 2.
  • Options
    Romeo9Romeo9 Posts: 38 Member
    kathleen5 wrote: »
    I dug out my original sims games and installing. I am looking for the crack code so I don't need the CD inserted to play the game and the blur code. The Mega Pack came with House Party and Hot Date. I have Vacation and Unleashed, is there an order I install Vacation and Unleashed? Thanks

You install Vacation before Unleashed. If you install it the other way around then when it comes to installing Vacation after Unleashed it will install Vacation, uninstall parts of unleashed, then install vacation again and finally install parts of unleashed again (sound files if I remeber correctly). Takes twice as long and the constant swapping of discs is a pain in the neck.
    Also the Deluxe editions tended not to play nicely with any additional expansion packs outside of its bundle. Best of Luck.