Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Short Changed?

shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
edited August 2016 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Does anyone else feel that the Sims 4 is getting much less attention from EA then it deserves? The Sims series has been wildly successful, yet it seems to get very little attention these days. I feel EA doesn't care for the series anymore and is only milking the series for as much as they can get out of it before killing it off.

The silence, and the lack of like no info in gaming conventions has me worried that Sims 4 will be the end of the Sims. At least, how we've known it.
I hope I'm wrong, but it just seems EA puts more care into their other games.

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Look how they botched SimCity and I think SC4 has been botched.
    Making the world closed isn't a issue but all the teleporting then they removed the family play.So few patches and lack of news the writing is on the wall for SC4.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    I second that they're milking it. Trying to get as much money from us by doing the least amount of work.
  • Options
    YungGigi wrote: »
    I second that they're milking it. Trying to get as much money from us by doing the least amount of work.

Well put. I'm sick of these stuff packs with one or two gameplay items. It's totally milking.
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Agreed. I would love to see another expansion pack, enough with the endless stuff packs.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2016
    yeah i was hoping for a leak or something but nope :/. also i feel like the only good packs were gps because gt felt so empty after awhile. i just want more substanial gameplay.
  • Options
    doedear wrote: »
    yeah i was hoping for a leak or something but nope :/. also i feel like the only good packs were gps because gt felt so empty after awhile. i just want more substanial gameplay.

I'm playing sims 3 until another EP comes out, whenever that may be. I need more to do.. It's been too long since we had a EP.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I hate saying this but honestly, there is nothing really new and exciting for the sims series this time around. Nothing really new and innovating. Nothing in depth. Not like how it was before. :(
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I think this could also be a possible end to the Sims series.. So many people were disappointed with this game that they may not ever buy anythin in front.he series again so they have lost major profit
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    pigsaymoopigsaymoo Posts: 20 New Member
    I think this could also be a possible end to the Sims series.. So many people were disappointed with this game that they may not ever buy anythin in front.he series again so they have lost major profit

I'd say compared to TS3, it hasn't performed as well, but I don't think it's been enough of a bomb to write off the series as a whole any time soon.
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @pigsaymoo its not just that tho.. The community is in the dark and every announcement is a surprise.. We do have teasers now but they don't say a whole lot so ppl speculate then get let down.. Recently I think packs have gotten better after that 3 months of gettin no paid content
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    i hope thats not the case, but with EA who knows.
  • Options
    pigsaymoopigsaymoo Posts: 20 New Member
    @pigsaymoo its not just that tho.. The community is in the dark and every announcement is a surprise.. We do have teasers now but they don't say a whole lot so ppl speculate then get let down.. Recently I think packs have gotten better after that 3 months of gettin no paid content

I don't disagree with the communication and lack of being an issue. Not at all. I think though, for every outspoken, unhappy simmer, there are probably 2 or 3 that are just fine with the way things are. Vocal minority.

I would much rather have them interact with us, see what we want, take our input into account, interact with users (not me personally, just in general), and I felt like they were so much better about that at launch specifically. I would love to not be sitting in the dark, being left with nothing but empty speculation for months at a time.

But, I don't see Sims dying anytime soon. It just won't happen. It's one of those franchises that would have to be beaten to a pulp before it went away (similar to say, WoW). The lifelong fans will probably always tolerate the overall idea of it, because really, there's just no good alternative for a sandbox life simulator, yeah?
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    shadowicia wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel that the Sims 4 is getting much less attention from EA then it deserves? The Sims series has been wildly successful, yet it seems to get very little attention these days. I feel EA doesn't care for the series anymore and is only milking the series for as much as they can get out of it before killing it off.

The silence, and the lack of like no info in gaming conventions has me worried that Sims 4 will be the end of the Sims. At least, how we've known it.

I believe that the developers and artists aren't receiving the respect they deserve and that they're losing their passion for the product as a result. The Sims is and has always been a precious and irreplaceable product.

Hopefully they're still planning for the next version.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

SimGuruDrake said EPS are still a thing so it s not ending.
  • Options

It seems like freeplay is getting more.

Yeah, freeplay is getting all the neat stuff. Sadly, I can't stand that game.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »

Well put. I'm sick of these stuff packs with one or two gameplay items. It's totally milking.

Agreed. Like where the heck is the content? They throw new CAS items and decor at us like its nothing but what about gameplay objects? Some new careers? New aspirations and traits? A NEW WORLD. It makes absolutely no sense. I just want to shake them and be like "WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING????"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Stuffpacks come with new gameplay objects. Backyard Stuff had 4 gameplay objects.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    If they shut down the Sims 4 before I get any Gothic stuff, then all Heck will break loose, since I have been waiting from day 1, for My Gothic content, I also want My Pups, Japanese Chins should be added to Pet's as well as other's they did not put in from previous pet packs.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Stuffpacks come with new gameplay objects. Backyard Stuff had 4 gameplay objects.

The majority of these "gameplay" objects aren't even gameplay objects. They're solely vanity items; objects your Sims have new interactions with. They add so little actual gameplay and possess almost no depth to them.

I just refuse to call a chocolate fountain, bird feeder, waterslide, etc. gameplay objects. They make for fun items to watch our Sims interact with, but what gameplay do they truly add? I just don't get excited over watching my Sims pour lemonade. That is not gameplay to me.

The most accurate response I have ever read.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member

The majority of these "gameplay" objects aren't even gameplay objects. They're solely vanity items; objects your Sims have new interactions with. They add so little actual gameplay and possess almost no depth to them.

I just refuse to call a chocolate fountain, bird feeder, waterslide, etc. gameplay objects. They make for fun items to watch our Sims interact with, but what gameplay do they truly add? I just don't get excited over watching my Sims pour lemonade. That is not gameplay to me.

This I have been saying this for ages!!! Well said.
  • Options

That is exactly what I am thinking. We haven't had new gameplay in months. Ea seems to think all we want is our sims to party and sit around chatting while they drink lemonade. I dunno about you guys, but my sims are partied out.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Okay, this is a point I've never got my head around. When I'm in live play and my Sims are watching a movie or eating an ice cream they made themselves, or making a wish at the well, or filling the fountain with soap, or splashing their lover playfully, or doing slide tricks with their friends at the park, or trading voidcritter cards, or putting on a puppet show for their parents, why is this not gameplay?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.