Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More beds, please!

Somehow, this doesn't seem to bother anyone else but me.

We are eight stuff packs, three game packs and two expansion packs in. The game has been out for almost two years. So can somebody please tell me why the heck do we only have a grand total of 25 beds? And that's including the two bushes that, for some reason, count as beds (I know you can nap in them, but... why?) as well as the two beds that you have to unlock by reaching the top level of the Painter career and the third level of the Detective career.

So, technically, we only have 21 beds. Outdoor Retreat added five beds, but they're all camping cots that look out of place when used in a good ole' regular house. So, I mean, technically we only have 16 beds to pick from and they are all from the base game, except for one bed that came with the Kids Room stuff pack.

Building and decorating bedrooms is getting increasingly harder, because none of the base game beds match the actual metric ton of furniture we keep getting in the actual metric ton of stuff packs that EA keeps throwing at us. It's ridiculous. Eight stuff packs and only one of them added a bed, and it can pretty much only be used in a kid's room because, well... it came with Kids Room. Which is another issue in itself - why did this pack only come with one bed?... Anyway.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants more beds.

Comments

• Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Also, why do base game only have one lvl10 bed? We need more beds, and we need better beds!
  • Options
    VampelliaVampellia Posts: 31 Member
    I agree.. The beds are boring! need more colours and more lvl10 beds for sure!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I find there are a few issues with missing options for beds:
    - Each price level should have both modern and traditional styles available, and modern shouldn't only be ultracontemporary design-magazine looks
    - I'd like an antique bed or two that's expensive but *not* comfortable
    - I'd like more of a bedding range for each style, so that I might have a Sim who's got an inherited bed but put modern bedding on it, etc.

And bunk bed, of course ;)
    Oh! And canopy beds.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I hate Princess Cordelia's bed. It just looks so out of place in almost any room. But it gives the best rest so I practically HAVE to have it.

EA finally gave us more carpets and rugs, so surely they can make new beds.

Why not one of those combo wardrobe-folding bed things? Or beds that hang from the ceiling?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I was just thinking of this the other say when I was playing. I always use the princess Cordelia's bed and as @Loanet said it doesnt fit in every room but its the only one that gives the best rest. And all the beds under it have really bad stats for your sims. It would be nice to get a stuff pack focused on bedrooms and bathrooms because the same can apply with the showers and baths.

@S100Headache I completely agree! That would make it easier ro choose a favorite frame as well as a great mattress to go with it depending on your finances of course lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want my sims to be able to upgrade the beds. Just pretend they are putting on a better mattress.. Then I could actually use all the beds in the game now instead of the few that are comfortable.
    I'd like more styles also ;). I usually end up using the two modern beds and it kind of irks me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »
    Somehow, this doesn't seem to bother anyone else but me.

We are eight stuff packs, three game packs and two expansion packs in. The game has been out for almost two years. So can somebody please tell me why the heck do we only have a grand total of 25 beds? And that's including the two bushes that, for some reason, count as beds (I know you can nap in them, but... why?) as well as the two beds that you have to unlock by reaching the top level of the Painter career and the third level of the Detective career.

So, technically, we only have 21 beds. Outdoor Retreat added five beds, but they're all camping cots that look out of place when used in a good ole' regular house. So, I mean, technically we only have 16 beds to pick from and they are all from the base game, except for one bed that came with the Kids Room stuff pack.

Building and decorating bedrooms is getting increasingly harder, because none of the base game beds match the actual metric ton of furniture we keep getting in the actual metric ton of stuff packs that EA keeps throwing at us. It's ridiculous. Eight stuff packs and only one of them added a bed, and it can pretty much only be used in a kid's room because, well... it came with Kids Room. Which is another issue in itself - why did this pack only come with one bed?... Anyway.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who wants more beds.

I agree I want more beds too and I've mentioned a Bedroom Stuffpack to Graham. That said Outdoor Retreat does come with 1 new bed that doesn't look like a cot.
  • Options
    Oh and I'm hoping one of the beds we'll get is the Vibrating Heart Shaped Bed.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    ...and the ability to upgrade beds, please :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    To be honest this should be one thatvis an easy fix. If they have issues with bringing something like this id really have an eyebrow raised from now on
    Especially since we got water from the tap. Then again what do i know? I know nothing about developing a game
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited August 2016
    This issue is one of the doubts I have about "live service". People have been clamoring for addition, HIGH QUALITY, bed choices for what 18 months- longer. The response was that it would take time and that what was being released had been planned a while in advance, which I believe. That's typical for corporations. BUT isn't live service suppose to operate in a way where player concerns can be met so much more quickly than before? Granted we received a new kids bed, finally, BUT again I think it's a level 4. Great that it's a different style but I'd like to give my kids a good nights sleep. I'm fifth generation black berry growers! I've got tons of money! Give me a good bed in a variety of styles and colors so my children can sleep like kings!- or, you know... I'd also settle for CASt back if that's easier.
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    I'm happy to see that so many people agree. I hope the gurus will see this thread...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    We have an abysmal lack of beds, I am so fed up of using the same ones over and over. Especially cos I don't like some of them, some of them are too expensive and some of them are camping beds. And only TWO kids beds, for heavens sake! (and that only went up from ONE with the very recent stuff pack).

And please, please separate the beds from the mattresses.

And please give us end tables and dressers that actually match!
  • Options
    I also hate how the "better" beds are all, like, SUPER fancy. Can I just have one simple, modern but NICE bed, please?
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    More bed choices please! Especially in the higher comfort levels. And also more choices on bedding please. It's very hard to decorate a room when the style of the bed and the bedding colors clash with everything else in the room.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I agree; there is not enough choice for modern beds and not enough choice for colours. Frames and mattresses should be available separately.
  • Options
    It's aggravating because the bed is the focus of the bedroom, so my bedrooms always end up looking more or less the same. I feel like my houses differ wildly from one another, because we have such a wide range of options when it comes to furniture! I can truly capture the personalities of my Sims in each house I build. But then... the bedrooms... the bedrooms are just there.
  • Options
    We have an abysmal lack of beds, I am so fed up of using the same ones over and over. Especially cos I don't like some of them, some of them are too expensive and some of them are camping beds. And only TWO kids beds, for heavens sake! (and that only went up from ONE with the very recent stuff pack).

And please, please separate the beds from the mattresses.

And please give us end tables and dressers that actually match!

And please add relax,cuddle,snuggle,kiss,makeout,chat, read and watch TV while in bed
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I completely agree. I was expecting them to add bunk beds and was shocked when it didn't come with Kids Stuff. Maybe we'll get more beds in a Generations type EP
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Okay, maybe Maxis doesn't want to give us another 10/10 bed, but isn't there anything inbetween 10 and 5? Why does Princess Cordelia's stuff all have to be the best quality? It certainly matches if you want to construct Princess Cordelia's house, but not modern houses.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Bed frames and mattresses should definitely be separated, like CC ones, especially given that the recolour system is worse than TS2 and we aren’t able to decide on the colour/pattern of separate parts of an object, but everything is glued, like of course bedding and bed frames, fabric and wood for sofas and so on. Really, EA? It was possible in 2004 but apparently not in 2014... I’d feel ashamed if I were them.
    I also agree with the idea of upgrading beds, it could actually be an option available via the computer – a sim could order a mattress with stats as we wish – we could enter values from 1 to 10 for energy and comfort, and the price would be calculated based on that (and on the fact that the bed is single/double); then the sim could upgrade one of the beds in the house with the newly bought mattress. It doesn’t seem hard to implement – all it’d do is changing the bed stats.
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    I agree - more beds - more styles of high quality beds with better prices.
  • Options
    soixedasoixeda Posts: 13 New Member
    Agree wholeheartedly! It's sad that even when using an expensive bed our sim won't get a happy moodlet like "good night sleep (from using expensive / good bed)" or something while they'll get a horrible moodlet for using the cheap stuff :/
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    I have a bed question and as this is a bed thread, I shall ask it here.

Can Sims roll over in beds? When I played Sims 4, my Sims didn't move all night. I wondered if it was because they had small beds. Though, in Sims 3, even in a small bed, they move. The kids are always rolling over and it's adorable when a couple cuddle up in bed.