Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MSIRegister Question

A couple of months ago I purchased a new system by Cyberpower but purchased it locally. This MSIRegister was already installed and set to launch at startup. On the surface I thought it just to register the motherboard with MSI, which I didn't do since I registered the computer with Cyberpower. I disabled the program from startup but it runs as a background process with a service.

Because I try to limit the number of background services running on my computer while playing TS4 and other games and I am not precisely sure what this is, i.e. is it necessary for some reason other than registering a product, I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know if there is any reason why I shouldn't change the service to manual from automatic? A google search didn't end up providing me with definitive information on the MSIRegister service. The pic shows what files it installed. Chrome.exe, why?

[img][/img]29oitkn.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for your response @Colton147147 but I saw that page in my search. Note by the I it states they don't have a full description for MISRegister yet, so I was still unsure if there is a concrete reason to leave it on the computer, or at least okay to change the service to manual. I assume it's on my computer because it has an MSI motherboard, which is the first time I've had one. I'm hoping someone who has either had one for awhile, or is more familiar with MSI products, could lend some guidance.

I do appreciate you trying to help, though.

ETA: I just noticed your specs show you have an MSI motherboard. What did you do with this service?
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    I've left it alone. :)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.