Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a survey like this for future EPs? (TS2 example)

I was looking for the photo that Maxis posted as a teaser to announce The Sims 2 Apartment Life back in 2008, and I found a very interesting article.

Apartment Life was released in August 2008, and 4 months earlier, Maxis sent a survey to some users. The survey includes the main theme of the future expansion and a list of features that could be or not included, and the user had to choose which features wanted in that expansion:
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF FEATURES THAT MAY BE INCLUDED IN A NEW APARTMENT LIFE THEMED EXPANSION PACK.

PLEASE INDICATE WHICH FEATURES YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PLAYING. PLEASE SELECT ALL THAT APPLY
  • Building and designing an apartment building
  • Building social reputation , which would affect how others will treat your Sim
  • Asking your neighbors to baby-sit
  • Visiting other residents of your apartment building
  • Learn a new life skill: anger management
  • Learn a new life skill: fire prevention
  • Experiencing living with an unruly roommate
  • Network to find Sims that can impact your love, career and livelihood
  • Meeting people of different social groups – bohemians, jocks, gearheads, techies, socialites
  • Ability to move four single family households into one apartment building
  • Living in an apartment
  • Owning a helicopter
  • Learn to Breakdance
  • Hiring a Butler
  • Different living experiences based on the surrounding communities impacted by rent and noise

WE ARE CONSIDERING INTRODUCING THE FOLLOWING NEW ITEMS IN A NEW EXPANSION PACK. PLEASE INDICATE WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING FEATURES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN.

PLEASE SELECT ALL THAT APPLY.
  • Penned miniature dog
  • Vending machine
  • Medicine Cabinet
  • Spiral Staircase
  • Playground Slide
  • Fire hydrant with sprinkler
  • Merry Go Round
  • Playground Lookout Tower
  • Ceilings
  • Huge Saltwater aquarium
  • Ceiling Fans
  • Toddler Spring Rider
  • Graffiti
  • Food replicator (machine that makes any food you want)
  • Overhead cabinets
  • Baby Floor Gym
  • Murphy Bed (bed stored in a wall cabinet)
  • Ownable Helicopter
  • Closet
  • Hopscotch
  • Monkey Bars
  • Baby Bouncy Chair
  • None of the above

Of all the features mentioned in that list, most do were added to the EP, while others were sold in The Sims 2 Store.

You can read the article here: http://beyondsims.com/429/ea-survey-for-sims-2-apartment-life-possible-details/
SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    [*] Toddler Spring Rider
    Yes because that would mean........................................................You know what it would mean.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    And I would love an apartment EP. Apartment Life was awesome and my first EP for TS2!
  • Options
    joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    [*] Toddler Spring Rider
    Yes because that would mean........................................................You know what it would mean.

LOL :D.
    Simanite wrote: »
    And I would love an apartment EP. Apartment Life was awesome and my first EP for TS2!

Me too! It's my second favorite EP after Open for Business. So the last TS2 EP was your first EP :D.
    SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
    ♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
    ♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2016
    I actually think apartments could be made into a GP since EP will be so limited for this iteration. I mean if Maxis can do restaurants, I'm pretty sure they could do apartments in a GP too. I wouldn't mind a poll on forums for it in addition to surveys. I don't tend to get the surveys.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    They have given us a survey on what expansion pack ideas we want, including things like generations, apartments, vacations, on the road etc. They also gave little mini descriptions of what would be included. So we'd have to see is EP3 is based on one of the ones they said. Here is a link to the descriptions - http://simscommunity.info/2015/08/08/new-survey-reveals-possible-expansion-packs-for-the-sims-4/
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    Yes for sure!
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    They have given us a survey on what expansion pack ideas we want, including things like generations, apartments, vacations, on the road etc. They also gave little mini descriptions of what would be included. So we'd have to see is EP3 is based on one of the ones they said. Here is a link to the descriptions - http://simscommunity.info/2015/08/08/new-survey-reveals-possible-expansion-packs-for-the-sims-4/
    Yeah, but the biggest downfall of these was that they only went to certain people, meaning if you didn't get one you basically had no say.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png