Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Repentance - An Interactive Horror Story - FINAL EPISODE

Comments

• Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    @TheoriesOfHappiness yeah I noticed its been our men going lately xD. But hey women can be strong and tough haha. Avoiding death. Though, I'm worried with Ashley and Fredrikke fighting..could cause some problems. We shall see, xD haha.
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    @NShippudenFan
    i definitely don't think one of them is getting out alive at this point
    since freddie snapped, it can only mean bad things
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness Yeah they're already against each other in a sense, so I feel like things could be bad for them; especially since they're not working together or getting along. Kind of makes me think "disaster" xD. Excited to see how the story continues on and how everything will go xD.

• Options
    @NShippudenFan
    me too, since i'm as much in the dark as everyone hahah
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member
    Just read it, and now, I'm a little worried about Fredrikke, as if she stay ''nuts'' the way she is now, It would problably be a bad thing, like, were would they put her? :D And two of who many chapters will have, as everyone day in one...worried that after 8 chapters, the end would be like: ''And they all died and no one know the true behind whisper'' :D
  • Options
    @Sourocha
    i really hope they don't all die because i really want whisper's story to be told at the end ahahah
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    Whew, that was intense! Another one bites the dust and Freddie went totally loony-tunes. That won't bode well. Amanda has only herself to rely on, and I believe Kathy's still in total danger. Looking forward to the next chapter.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    unfortunately, i'm just as in the dark as everyone else LOL
    hoping no one else dies atm, though!
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - It's a unique spin to be writing the story in the way you are - you not knowing the outcome and strictly going on the poll results. I'm with you. Hopefully, nobody else will die but I have a feeling they're not going to get out that easily. I think more trouble is on the way.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    it makes me really impatient as the writer honestly, but i love it. when i write i have everything so planned out, and i really enjoy not having it that way for once. i mean, i have some stuff planned, but it's very little details that don't really impact the story hahah. either way, i agree with you, i have a feeling freddie is going to cause some serious drama and fighting that will lead to someone getting injured and thrown either at whisper's mercy, or freddie's insanity.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - I know what you mean about having things planned out. I'll plan out the bigger picture but the smaller details sometimes don't get planned as much. I'm one of those where I do about 99% story-driven stories rather than game driven. It is nice, though, to have that outside influence and see where the chips fall.

Yeah, Freddie seems to be the one who makes things worse than they already are. Haha. She reminds me of this character, Craig Toomey in Stephen King's "The Langoliers." Everyone was already in a terrifying situation but he added many more problems and obstacles. If you haven't, you should read it. It's one of the storeis in "Four Past Midnight" and the best one in the book, IMO. :)
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Just read up and voted for the poll. I can't wait to see what will happen next! Things are hectic right now.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    ditto! i rarely let my game decide for me. i think the most "game decision" i've had is based on if characters will cheat or not. like conrad and ashley weren't meant to confess to one another and deepen their relationship, but when i was posing them they rolled romance whims so i let them do what was best and they ended up in that kiss pose so i thought, "PERFECT".

i love stephen king! i'm sure i've read that story, it's just been awhile. last time i read one of his stories was "the shining" for the hundredth time and it was because i was at the actual stanley hotel (i live nearby).

@anaitapeva
    haven't seen you in the forum so far, so glad to meet you! :)
    glad you enjoyed the story, and i agree things are insanely hectic.
    wondering what's going to happen with freddie hahaha.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - It's funny how sometimes the game makes things work out perfectly. I have to agree. That scene with Conrad and Ashely was perfect and it added more fuel to Freddie's fire. Hahaha.

I remember when I did Lenora's Bachelorette Challenge and pretty much kept it hands off unless I needed to direct the Sims to actually do a certain activity. Tyrone took it home by a landslide and a lot of that was throgh autonomy. It couldn't have worked out any better as they are my absolute favorite couple with Aurora and Silvan right behind in "Forever in Time." I also love Robin and Alina from "Another World."

OMG, "The Shining" scared the stuffing right out of me!!! O_O I'd read it years before but read it again recently and yikes! The one that really gave me the bad dreams, though, was "Christine." Hahaha! Being hit by a car kinda made me susceptible to being freaked out over a car that drives itself and commits murder. Hahaha. Hey, no kidding about the Stanley Hotel?! That's awesome!
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    exactly! i hope something like that happens in the murder mystery story!

i do that so much with many of my stories. i have a tribe story called "of the sun" (which i am tempted to discontinue due to boredom w/ it) which is more whim based than story based. probably why i'm bored of it, honestly, since i have no direction and it's progressed so quickly.

Christine is definitely terrifying hahah! i can imagine why it'd be even scarier for you personally. aannnnd yeah, the stanley is up in estes and got totally revamped because stephen king hates the movie of "the shining" so he remodeled the entire hotel to fit his book and film his own episodic movie!
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Anything can happen with these interactive stories, so I'm betting you'll get one of those perfect moments. :)

Awww yeah, it's hard to continue a story you don't feel enthusiastic about anymore. Thankfully, that hasn't happened to me, although I nearly shut down "Forever in Time" after a falling out with a reader. Thankfully, I didn't and realized I can't let someone have that kind of power over me. I'm glad I didn't, as it's my favorite story to work on, really. Also, now that the reader isn't reading my stuff and they're not breathing down my neck, I can actually write the story without being stressed about any kind of fallout. Makes it much more fun that way. :)

"Christine" is very terrifying, especially after what I went through. I've read it a couple times since so I'm not as scared of it as I once was since I know what's going to happen. Still, a driverless car is very terrifying. Haha. I remember hearing something about that. I wasn't a fan of the Jack Nicholson version of "The Shining" but I did like the miniseries that was made for TV. it followed the book more and the characters seemed closer to the book, too.

"Cujo" is another frightening one, as is "Pet Sematary."
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    indeed! here's to hoping hahah

i totally understand how that would take the fun of the story away from you. i don't share my simlit with anyone i know in person because i know someone would be bound to come around and start shouting at me as a person for what my characters or something is doing hahah.

yeah, the miniseries "Stephen King's: The Shining" is way closer to his book and all the events that took place inside of it than the movie. i never, personally, watched the movie because i hate when the movie is different and i heard too often that they were completely different pieces. pet sematary was based off the pet sematary just outside the stanley, i'm pretty sure. that's why i've heard at least hahaha. cujo didn't scare me, personally, since it was so unrealistic for a dog to behave that way and nobody overpower it. aaaaaand not very convincing in it's execution, in my humble opinion. but i think that's the only one of his i've read that i feel that way about hahah.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Yeah, it wasn't fun for a while. They were always complaining about this or that and why they hated this character and that one. Thankfully, they weren't someone I knew personally but was an internet "friend." The only ones I personally know who've read any of my SimLit is my Mom, who likes my writing. :) I've had the husband look at a few chapters here and there in the beginning to help me find typos and stuff. My style isn't his bag but he says they're well written. Hey, I can live with that. :) It does make it nice, though, to be free of all that; I can simply enjoy writing my story as I see fit.

I totally agree. I hate it when movies are different from the book, especially drastically so like the first "The Shining." Oh, if you haven't read or watched "The Green Mile," I'd highly recommend them. It's one of those rare occurrences where I like the movie just as much as the book. I didn't know that about "Pet Sematary." The book takes place in Maine with the cemetery being in back of the family's house but I never knew it was based on one outside the Stanley Hotel. Very interesting.

As to "Cujo," yeah, it's not very realistic. But then, what Stephen King books are, really? I'm certain there were a lot of literary license taken with the rabies angle in order to fit in with the story he wanted to tell. Even though unrealistic, it was still scary to me. I mean, imagine being trapped in a hot car in the middle of Summer with your kid and knowing something out there is waiting to attack you. You're trying to keep the kid safe and alive, and making the wrong choice can get either or both of you killed. I can't say it's a favorite book but it was still a good read for me. Sad in the end though whereas the movie ended on a happier note.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @TheoriesOfHappiness @sweetnightingale I haven't read a lot of Stephen king novels, plus it's been a while since I have xD so I don't remember some of them much, but I personally really liked his "Under the Dome" book series. I never watched the tv show though, haha.

• Options
    @NShippudenFan - I'm a latecomer to Stephen King's books having only been a fan since my mid 20's. I've read all his books though, some of them several times. :) "Under the Dome" is an awesome book. I really did enjoy that one. You have to kinda pay close attention though since there are so many characters and lots of stuff happening. The TV show - I saw the first season and part of the second. It was...meh. If you're looking for an accurate depiction of the book, you won't get it with the TV show. It's WAY different.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @sweetnightingale
    oh, well if we are counting significant others... my fiance reads almost all of my stories, hahah. none of my friends or family do, however, unless it's a novel or something i am working on rather than simlit. :wink: it's always good to get an outside perspective, however. my fiance doesn't much like any of my non-interactive stories, personally, so i understand hahaha. i'm glad that person is out of your life now though, toxic people are horrible.

ditto! i had to watch the green mile for school once, so maybe i'll give the book a shot. one flew over the cuckoos nest is a great book to movie adaptation as well, in my opinion. i really loved it, and watched it a lot while i was in the hospital. that and "girl interrupted".

fair point, hahah. i think why it's not that great to me is because i read it for the first time as an assignment for an advanced placement English class and had to really analyze it. over analysis can make anyone dislike even their favorite book, if it's exhausting work to do. on the plus side, however, stephen king is what made me realize i love horror and desperately want to write it a horror book! even some of my happier stories have horror elements! ;)

@NShippudenFan
    i love that series! i have amazon prime and have been tempted to watch the TV adaptation
    @sweetnightingale ahhh i won't waste my time watching the series in that case

if you guys are alright with my mature themes and like time travel, i really recommend the book series for Outlander and the show. there is some nudity and adult scenes, but the story is amazing and the series really does the book justice. for the first season, at least. haven't seen the second.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - I know what you mean. Sometimes it's hard for people we know to have an objective opinion. I guess we're in teh same boat where the only ones who read our SimLit is folks on the internet. Sometimes the husband will read some of my short stories (Non SimLit) and give me his opinion or parts of a novel I'm working on. I don't "bore" him too much with it since I know it's not his style of reading.

Oh, me too. Toxic people are definitely a cancer to the creative juices. it got so bad that I even took a break from all Sims-related stuff for nearly half a year. I got maybe one chapter up between Winter and Spring and quit making videos altogether. Then, I realized I just can't let people do that to me. It's nice to be back in action without having someone try to tell me how to write my story.

Oh wow! Watching "The Green Mile" for school sounds like an interesting project. Did you have to write a paper on it or something? OMG, I haven't seen "One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest" in soooo long! I read the book years ago and do have the DVD but it's been ages. Oh yes, "Girl Interrupted" was also great. Again, it's been quite a long time since I've read the book or seen the movie.

Ugh, yeah, I see what you mean. Over-analyzing something can defintiely suck the fun right out of it. I try not to do that and do my best to enjoy the story for what it is. If I HAVE to be a critic/editor, I can be but I'd rather not, especially if it's not asked for. Haha.

• Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Forgot to mention about the horror books. Stephen King is a great inspiration for that. You should also try some Dean Koontz if you haven't already. My favorite book by him is "Watchers." But then, I'm partial to Golden Retrievers. :)

I never thought I'd write horror but as you get farther into "Forever in Time," you'll see some elements of that. Lenroa will end up going through an awful ordeal by the time her generation is done.
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale
    yeah i definitely don't think anyone would enjoy my simlit off this forum, unfortunately.

it's glad that you picked yourself up and dusted yourself off. i'm really thankful that sometimes i can be pretty strong and determined to defend myself, because toxic people don't really knock me off my pedestal too much. when i came out as trans, i guess i had to really toughen up in general due to all the cruelty i encountered. still, i have been knocked down before and let go of things i've love for a small period of time due to cruelty from outside, so i understand how you felt hahah.

yep, i did! i attended a Christian specific school when i was in middle school. thankfully, i'm free of that place, but we had to watch the movie and talk about how "God impacted them" and all those great things that aren't actually any use to my education. the movie was alright though. :) i adore one flew over the cuckoos nest. movies like that in general are great hahah.

ditto! i get told a ton i shoulder be an editor, but i'd hate that job because i hate telling people how to write, when writing is so open ended and there is no real "right way" to write!

i have a few books of Dean Koontz, but i admit i haven't gotten around to reading them. maybe i'll pick one up tonight. :)

oooo i'm excited to get further in now! i admit, i'm slowly reading each chapter just so i can absorb the info and what's happening hahah.
  • Options
    @TheoriesOfHappiness - Same here. The people I know in my personal life just aren't into stuff like SimLit.

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who can hold onto a grudge for an eternity. I mean, it takes a lot to get me riled up but if someone really and truly hurts me, I don't care to associate with them whatsoever. I'm a pretty sensitive soul and am always working on toughening up. Haha. I tend to hold onto things for too long and it's destructive to my morale. I think after what happened with the toxic people I was dealing with, I learned a hard lesson. I let them walk over me and even changed parts of my story because they kept at me constantly. I won't EVER let anyone do that to me again...EVER. Plus, if I end up in a situation like that again, I won't have "Welcome" tattooed on my forehead. Hahaha. If you roll over once, they'll expect you to roll over a hundred times more. Nope, I'm over that.

Wow! Well, I guess going to a Christian school, you're bound to have to talk about God in some way or another. It's kinda funny though. Some of Stephen King's books mention God a lot and I gather he can be quite the spiritual person at times. Yeah, "One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest" is a great movie. Actually, the husband got me into that one. He'd seen the book somewhere and said we should get the DVD. We did, and when it arrived, we took an evening to watch it together. Aaagh, that ending scene gets me every time.

I know what you mean. I think some people get so caught up in "Editor Mode" that it can be hard for them to see the bigger picture. Also, I've known some editors who thought they were better than everyone else, which drove me nuts. I was actually involved in a physical writing group for a while but quit going because of snooty attitudes. It was an obvious clique and the clique members would rave over each other's material while the newer ones would get unhelpful and even hurtful comments. Two of the ladies tore one of my stories (non SimLit) apart and by the time I left, I felt like an absolute heel. At the time, I was taking a writing course and worked one-on-one with an instructor. We'd become pretty friendly and I'd e-mail with her in between assignments. I told her about the comments these two ladies made and she was appalled. I told her I wouldn't be going back and she said it was for the best; a writer doesn't need comments like that.

You should definitely try some Dean Koontz. You might enjoy some of his books.

Ooooh yes, there's going to be a lot happening soon enough. I'll just say you'll see a kidnapping, a presumed death, an obsessed psycho, and cloning. Hahahaha.