Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play the seasons in your game?

Do you set them and forget them, and do you give equal time to each one?

I tend to mix it up -- in some games I'll have all four seasons run an equal amount of time, but in others, I set fall to be the longest because it's my personal favorite both IRL and in the game. Sometimes in real summer I'll be too hot so I make it winter in my game which actually makes me feel a bit cooler, and vice versa in that when I'm tired of our long, cold, dark winters I often make it summer in-game.

Comments

• Options
    StorietimeStorietime Posts: 249 Member
    I don't usually let seasons run naturally, I tend to change them myself, depending on what type of mood I'm in. Like you, I love changing to winter when its unbearably hot and stuffy in real life. Fall and winter are my favourite seasons to play in, so I tend to stay in those seasons the longest before changing again. I also have the seasons set to longer amount of days, I think I have it set to max, although I usually switch to a new season before the original season ends.
  • Options
    CirceGrangerCirceGranger Posts: 38 Member
    I usually skip summer because it's basically base game "weather'.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I usually have them set to an equal length of 10 days, 14 days for the university world. For some games I'll let summer longer since summer impacts gardening and fishing the most. It depends on the world though. I eliminated winter when playing Monte Vista.
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    I have winter be longer because I love the snow, lol. I usually have spring, summer and autumn at 7 days and winter at 12 or 14 days.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I set them depending on the world.
    For example, the "tropical" worlds get the longest summer (sometimes up to 14 days), 7-10 days for spring, a short fall and usually no winter. Moonlight Falls and Midnight Hollow get the longest fall and the shortest summer/spring.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited July 2016
    Although I have all 4 seasons the same length, 7 days, I use NRaas Tempest mod to have less rain in general and to adjust the temperature and weather types for each game. So in Sunlit Tides I have no snow in any season and the temps are warmer. Lucky Palms is similar but even less rain. I set the weather in Roaring Heights to be similar to Miami and the weather in Twinbrook to be similar to New Orleans. More cold and snow in Aurora Skies and Hidden Springs. And so on. But in all games I use game options to turn off hail and use Tempest to reduce the amount of rain.