The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Ponds?

Ok, not really sure where to put this and so if it's in the wrong place, then feel free to move it. But I went to build a special place for my gardening club to hang out and I found out you can't build your own pond anymore? Unless I'm completely missing it or am I? If there is a way, please let me know how. :)
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What do you mean by "pond"? You can build a swimming pool and line it with stones and change the color to green water with floating plants. Or you could do the same with a fountain. Is this what you mean?
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Can they fish in it though? That's what I'm wanting :)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What do you mean by "pond"? You can build a swimming pool and line it with stones and change the color to green water with floating plants. Or you could do the same with a fountain. Is this what you mean?

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    You can place pre-made fishing ponds by going into buydebug mode, I believe.
  • Options
    You want a pond like the one in the park? I think it is in buydebug.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2016
    No, you can't build natural ponds in the game anymore, since they took out the terrain tool. And it's been that way since Sims 4 launched back in 2014. But you can build swimming pools that sort of look like natural ponds if you have Get Together.
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Well, that sucks, but thanks for helping me out :)
    sunman502 wrote: »
    No, you can't build natural ponds in the game anymore, since they took out the terrain tool. And it's been that way since Sims 4 launched back in 2014. But you can build swimming pools that sort of look like natural ponds if you have Get Together.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Well, that plum, but thanks for helping me out :)
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Yes it is plum! And you're welcome! :)<3

• Options
    You can. Try this post. You have to go to buydebug and add a fishing sign.
    Type: bb.showhiddenonjects
    Set the content filter on the right to: buydebug
    Type in the search bar: small fishing hole
    Fishing signs should show up. Pick one (you may have to find one that fits your pond size) and place it where you want them to fish at.
    I hope I explained this properly.
    If you check the General Category now, there should be a post "how to make a pond with fish". It has pictures. Good luck.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Fishing signs should show up. Pick one (you may have to find one that fits your pond size) and place it where you want them to fish at.
    If you check the General Category now, there should be a post "how to make a pond with fish". It has pictures. Good luck.

Thank you! I will try this one day :smile:
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member

tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Dannydanbo is correct- Use the cheat he listed and the type in "FISH" and hit enter, that'll bring up the selection of fishing signs. You can add a fishing sign to a free form designed pool with green or muddy colored water, which you can then swim AND fish in OR you can just put down a pre-made round fishing hole which will allow you to only fish. I'm doing one right now and it works great.