Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mystery child, only in family tree

Well, I have never seen this in my game. Recently installed World Adventures and had a Sim named Javed Meir travel to Shang Simla. While there, he fell in love with Sun Young Kim and I used the cheat to add her to his family so that they could travel back to his home neighborhood together. After they got home, they successfully tried for a baby so she is now pregnant. But lo and behold, suddenly in their family tree is a child (literally - child age, not baby or toddler) named Riley but he's not on the lot and I've never seen him. They didn't even woohoo in Shang Simla and the icon for that world is not on his portrait in Sun Young's relationship panel, although his portrait is grayed out and she can only "chat long distance" with him.

Riley isn't in Javed's relationship panel at all but he is in his family tree. He looks like a real cutie and I would love to add him to the family. How can I do that? I have Nraas's Master Controller, Overwatch, and Traveler mods. Everything I've tried in MC to add Riley does not work and I can't find him in any lists. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    Can one of your Sims invite him to visit?

I have managed to add visiting Sims to the family using NRAAS Maste Controller.

@igazor knows more about what can be achieved with mods.

It is possible when he visits you may not have the real sim but an incomplete manifestation of him.

I know I had no problems with the Sim I added while he visited and when I took him back to his previous home world for a visit I half expected to find the real him living there but he wasn't there so it turned out to be lucky I did add him to the family or I may have lost him.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Thanks for trying to help. No, there is no option to invite him to visit, although I'm working on having his mother "chat long distance" with him enough to raise the relationship bar (I can't raise it with the usual drag-via-cheat) and then see what happens.

I've tried to add Riley via MC but he is not in any of the lists as an existing Sim.

Honestly, this family is a train wreck. Sun Young's brother, Ho Sung, moved in as a roommate (OK, that was my fault, accidentally clicked on him when I was trying to add Riley) and now I can't get rid of him. He started a fire while cooking and insults Javed. If I can't get rid of Ho Sung somehow I'm going to just have him as part of the story as that pain-in-the-plum relative that every family has. Sigh.

I really just want to find Riley. :(
  • Options
    CirceGrangerCirceGranger Posts: 38 Member
    Keep long chat talking to him. Every morning before your sims go to work and every night before they sleep. Keep doing this until you can invite him over. Or you can go and try to visit him, go to the original house.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    The addition of a foreign child apparently by way of immaculate conception once you have met a sim in a foreign world is a "feature" of WA, and a very annoying one at that. I take it this would have happened even without all of the other actions you have taken here. The NRaas Traveler mod, among many other helpful things, is supposed to not allow this to happen. Did you have Traveler in play when you traveled to China and back home? - - If so, that's strange.

Adding the child to your household might still be possible by way of MasterController with NRaas > MC > Add Sim > Homeworld (and filter to China). But perhaps not if the child had never instantiated, that means materialized on the screen, in your game, and I wouldn't recommend that method unless you have other mods in play to protect the foreign sim from being added in an incomplete state as @Karritz mentioned (those would be Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Traveler, and RelationshipPanel).

The best way to meet this child and bring him into your family if it is still possible would be to travel back to China and look for him there. Then MC > Add Sim while in China and bring him back home with you.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    World Adventures is known to every once in awhile generate relationships with sims out of thin air. The NRaas Traverlor mod takes care of most of EA's glitches with WA but this one may crop up now and again.

Several years ago before I used mods I had a sim travel to France two times when she was single. I was working toward getting her level 3 visa so she could buy a vacation home there eventually. While in France I worked this poor sim so much she didn't have much of a social life. No romance, no flirting, no kissing.

Back in her home town she developed a romance with a sim. I got their relationship to the point I could ask him to go steady (this was before Generations romantic relations change). But when she tried to ask him to go steady he asked her to break off her relationship with Neapoleon something or other first. I was wondering who in the heck was that. I looked in her relationships and it showed she had a husband and child in France. I remember she gave a charming intro to this Neapoleon character in the park, but that was the extent of their interactions.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @cwaddell - What you are not remembering, and rightfully so, was that All You Can Drink night at the local Nectary. Those are almost never as good an idea as they sound. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @cwaddell - What you are not remembering, and rightfully so, was that All You Can Drink night at the local Nectary. Those are almost never as good an idea as they sound. :p

Who knew you could get married and get pregnant from shaking hands. :o

I didn't know how to fix it so I had her agree to break it off. Then later she and Michael got married and had 3 kids and eventually a vacation home in France. The family were all celebrities and there was an adult stalker paparazzi that turned out to be her evil, mean-spirited really old French son. It was weird and creepy.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Edit to update the situation: This morning I started up my game and went to their household. Now Sun Young was able to invite Riley over as a foreign visitor, so when he arrived I clicked on him to add him to the family. He doesn't look much like either parent but does have traits from both, so my story is going to be that they adopted him in China yet some paperwork snafu kept him from joining them immediately.

I've changed his name to Ry Lee (which I realize is not proper Korean) and he's at home with Mom, Dad, and new baby brother Kwan Soo.

P.S. And Sun Young made her idiot brother move out too!
    Post edited by Stdlr9 on