Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking about purchasing the Sims 4...

Should I purchase the "Get to work" Expansion Pack or "Dine Out" stuff pack along with it? Which one would be better?

Comments

• Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    edited July 2016
    It depends on your play style! Would you prefer aliens, being a doctor, scientist or retail store owner (bakeries, clothing stores, toy stores) OR would you prefer owning and dining at a restaurant?
    Obviously you get a lot more with G.T.W. than with D.O. but with that being said, one is a more expensive EP and one is not.

Here are two reviews for each:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkOCI1Yx4A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFpKVbsI8BY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKd97E6JPgc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=537N3EzLq4o
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    none of them. Get Together
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Depends on your play style.

I'd watch some reviews and playthroughs to decide which was more my fitting if I were choosing.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    I would say get to work. An active career really helps to stretch the base game content, because you have something big to do.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    they careers get lame after 1 try tho
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited July 2016
    Don't purchase any add-ons along with it. First make sure you that the game will run for you and that you like it. Buy it from Origin so you get the option to return and a trial period. Check that you're comfortably above minimum specs too.

EDIT: Then, if you like it and it doesn't lag on you already, GT is a game change but GTW has some fun happening in the careers in particular, albeit not super replayable fun.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FLIRTYINPINKFLIRTYINPINK Posts: 109 Member
    Ok I haven't heard of Get Together I thought about Dine Out because I like the idea of owning a restaurant.
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Ok I haven't heard of Get Together I thought about Dine Out because I like the idea of owning a restaurant.

Like a few have said earlier, check out Get Together as well! And Outdoor Retreat if you don't have it.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »

Like a few have said earlier, check out Get Together as well! And Outdoor Retreat if you don't have it.
    LOL the only problem with Get Together and don't get me wrong I love it is if you have that and Dine Out you get way to many texts wanting to go out to eat. It gets annoying after awhile because I don't always let my sims go places.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I think I may like Get together and Dine Out I was only planning on buying the base game and then one of the other ones. Maybe I'll get the base game and Get together and then get Dine Out a little later.
    KHS12 wrote: »

LOL the only problem with Get Together and don't get me wrong I love it is if you have that and Dine Out you get way to many texts wanting to go out to eat. It gets annoying after awhile because I don't always let my sims go places.

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I prefer Dine Out over Get to Work, but that's my personal opinion. :)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Which one do you like between Get Together and Get To Work?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,633 Member
    Get Together is better than Get To Work. GTW has those active jobs but they get repetitive after a while. The only really good and useful thing in GTW is the retail as I can make NPC run stores for my sims to visit. That is almost as good as Dine Out where I can make NPC run restaurants. So to me, Get Together and Dine Out are more worth it. With Get Together, you can do a lot of things and they're always adding new rules and activities for your sims to do every time a new pack comes out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I think I'll try Get Together and Dine Out.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I might be a bit late here, but I found Spa Day contained an awful lot of good stuff. Some really nice build items in there like smoked glass windows/door, cool lights as well as a ton of gameplay. It has incense!

Would defo add to your list of 'will get one day'.

And yeah, GT is a must, IMO.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Thank you I will keep that in mind.