Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant Freezing (Likely due to a sim getting stuck)

So I have a household in Isla Paradisio. I'm having a problem though.
About every few seconds, the game freezes for a good 10 seconds or so. I use the resetsim * cheat and then everything is fine...
...till the next in-game day. It happens all over again. I can't figure out what to do and I have no idea which sim is causing this problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
original.gif

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2016
    Isla Paradiso is totally design-flawed. There are about a thousand threads on this forum about how to fix it.

At the very least, evict the Medina, Ichtaca, and Los Amigos households, find them someplace else to live, and bulldoze their residential lots. Do the same for the Scott household, bulldoze their houseboat and home port. These four households will drag the entire game down because their inhabitants often cannot get into or out of their houses.

There are other flawed residential lots. The sims who live there have to run all around the outside of their homes to get in and out, but that that doesn't cause lag it just looks ridiculous and makes them late for everything.

Other things I did to make Isla playable:

-- Use Ellacharmed's fixed version of the world, but you have to do this before you start an ongoing game there.
    http://modthesims.info/d/514909

-- NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register mods are almost essential here to help manage sims who still keep getting stuck and to control the overspawnage of off-screen resort workers
    -- Use NRaas Register to disallow wild (stray) animals if you have the Pets EP. Horses in particular keep getting stuck in ridiculous places.
    -- Move at least half of the households living on houseboats inland. EA got carried away with those.

Some players say that they have to get rid of one or two of the three resorts, but I didn't have the need to do that. Others say they have to use a testingcheat code to lift the fog on hidden islands to reduce lag, but I didn't have to do that either.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member
    I'm definitely not gonna disagree that Isla Paradisio is flawed haha. It's a cool concept but was brought out terribly.

For the time being I just moved my sims to Bridgeport and I haven't encountered the lag.
    I'll bookmark this to come back to it if I happen to play in Isla Paradisio again. Thank you for all the suggestions!
    original.gif
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm afraid you might be back sooner than you think. You've chosen the 2nd most flawed world that EA ever produced to play in next. Bridgeport isn't nearly as messed up as Isla P, but it does have problems because of flaws on the world lot and there being far too many elevators where sims get stuck inside and waiting for them to arrive.

But good luck, not everyone's games fall apart in the Big City. And you're welcome. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net