Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues While Launching and Installing Custom Content

Recently my game has been acting up. I have been have a black screen when I launch the game. Also when I try to install anything through the launcher it has a black loading screen. When I go into the task manager it says they aren't responding. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I suggest trying the Clean Folder Test. Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to the Desktop or some other place for safekeeping. The game should spawn a new one on the next attempted launch. You won't have any of your installed store or custom content, worlds, sims, mods, or saved game this way, but these will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. Can you get a new game started and saved on a usually easy to load world like Sunset Valley or Twinbrook?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Jayda_Hawkins1Jayda_Hawkins1 Posts: 5 New Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I suggest trying the Clean Folder Test. Pull your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents to the Desktop or some other place for safekeeping. The game should spawn a new one on the next attempted launch. You won't have any of your installed store or custom content, worlds, sims, mods, or saved game this way, but these will all be safe back in the pulled out folder. Can you get a new game started and saved on a usually easy to load world like Sunset Valley or Twinbrook?

Yeah I can do that but it seems like everything will install fine but it won't work after it is all installed via launcher
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Are you installing a very large number of items at once? Many players get better results only doing a couple at a time. I know that's painful if you have a lot to get through, but the Launcher always was one of the flakier aspects of the game (to put it mildly).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Jayda_Hawkins1Jayda_Hawkins1 Posts: 5 New Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Are you installing a very large number of items at once? Many players get better results only doing a couple at a time. I know that's painful if you have a lot to get through, but the Launcher always was one of the flakier aspects of the game (to put it mildly).
    I will try that. Maybe there is just a bad piece of cc in there and I think that will help me find that.