Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Play The Sims 2 Asylum Challenge

cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
Hiya!

I have a super tiny youtube channel that nobody watches that I just do whatever I please with - meaning mostly vlogs and typical youtube junk.
But I decided to do a sims let's play as I've always wanted to.

I did have a two part ts3 let's play long long ago but I might actually stick with this one.

I hope you all watch and enjoy and subscribe for future parts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSQNAIZ0CA

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :D

I love the Asylum Challenge. Good luck!

*I thought they could look through the telescope inside... maybe pointed at the window? And adding 2 new chairs... oopsie. But no biggy- those are easy to fix and if it's your first or tenth, there will always be little oopsies. Just keep trying and have fun. :+1:
  • Options
    kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I love the asylum challenge myself and play it whenever I get bored. Jared is sooo cute.
  • Options
    Juliette_CappJuliette_Capp Posts: 50 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    Hiya!

I have a super tiny youtube channel that nobody watches that I just do whatever I please with - meaning mostly vlogs and typical youtube junk.
    But I decided to do a sims let's play as I've always wanted to.

I did have a two part ts3 let's play long long ago but I might actually stick with this one.

I hope you all watch and enjoy and subscribe for future parts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSQNAIZ0CA

I loved watching the video, but I wish you had explained the specifics of the challenge (e.g. items you are allowed). And I have a couple of questions aside from that.

How did you:
    -get tattoos on your sim?
    -custom food?
    -the period and tampon notification?

Are you using the UC for this because that's what I have.
  • Options
    @Juliette_Capp Hey sorry I never saw this!
    The tattoos are custom skintones, the food is custom food from ModTheSims, and the peroid/tampon thing is a mod I downloaded for some added realism. :smile:
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    cleo00 wrote: »
    @Juliette_Capp Hey sorry I never saw this!
    The tattoos are custom skintones, the food is custom food from ModTheSims, and the peroid/tampon thing is a mod I downloaded for some added realism. :smile:

OK, YUCK! to the last one (sorry, lol, but while I do like the realism of the Sims, there really is only so much realism I want).

I really want to try this challenge as it seems to be perfectly doable with just the base game, but I'm confused about the setup and doing the personality and Scout's talking about "Set 1" or "Set 2." This is COMPLETELY confusing me (not that it really takes much sometimes, but...)

Other than that, I'm understanding everything. With one other exception. If I use the money cheat to build the house and plants, etc., how do I take money away? I know the cheat to add the money, but I've never seen a cheat to take it away (seeing as I never wanted or needed to before, lol).

Thanks!
  • Options
    To take money away you can use the familyfunds cheat. I don't remember it exact offhand but something like
    Familyfunds householdname money amount. To subtract just put a -
    So i *think* it's like example familyfunds smith -50000 or something.

I didn't really read the rules actually I based mine off of AshleyBPlays on Youtube, her sims 3 one. So I don't know how exactly to help with your confusion :p
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Scout's challenge is over on Mod the Sims, and has "sets" for personality that I'm not understanding what the numbers she lists are supposed to correlate to, and just exactly what I'm supposed to do to create those sets. Hence my confusion.

I wasn't aware that more than one person came up with an asylum challenge, so it didn't occur to me to state before where I'd seen the challenge. I really like the rules she? set up for the challenge though, because it doesn't seem to require expansion packs, and since with the exception of University (which wouldn't be allowed in this challenge due to some of the rules) it's a challenge I can actually do. It's just going to be hard for me, because I might actually wind up in an asylum myself by the end of it as I'm a control freak over my Sims and really get irritated when I tell them to do something and they go do something else, and I start swearing at them and I'm like, "NO! I told you to effing go do THIS!!! Now go do it!!!" lol. So, not being able to control SIX other people in one house/asylum is really going to be a challenge for me, lol.

Thank you for explaining how to take money away.