Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't click on other Sims?

SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
edited July 2016 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
So, I'm having an issue where I can't click on other Sims to interact with them in any way. It seems to only affect one of my save files, but I really don't want to have to delete it or anything. Has anyone else had this issue? I've tried repairing my game and "debugging" both Sims in the household but that didn't do anything. It's really weird and frustrating.

OH! And I don't have any mods and the only content I've downloaded is by Maxis.

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Without certain mods, it's actually more difficult to troubleshoot and fix things like this -- I know that's the opposite of what you expected to hear. Not sure what "debugging" a sim means. But there are a few things worth trying.

-- Empty out your sims' personal inventory of everything, but especially if they have any jars of food from the Canning Station store set (this is a known bug)
    -- Ctrl + shift + C to bring up the cheats panel, resetsim (first name) (last name) (enter)
    (so that would look like resetsim John Doe)
    If that doesn't work, then resetsim * (to reset all sims in your world at once)
    -- Retreat to Edit Town. Evict your household to the side of the screen, copy their uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen

If none of those help, am afraid to say your sims have probably become corrupt and there is no other way without mods to reset things further. But you if you have a prior save from before this began happening that you could revert to, that would be a good time to do so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2016
    Resetting a Sim, I mean =P Not debugging.

And both my Sims have cans of jam in their inventory! I will try that.

EDIT- Removing the jam worked :) The Darlings will live another day, lol.