Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stackable Beds? Would be cool, what do you think?

You know what would be cool if one or 2 of the single beds were stackable so they turned into bunk beds, and once stacked an auto ladder shows.
Just an Idea.

Comments

• Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Yes, we definitely need more beds options. I feel so boring with bed so limit choice. The least thing my sims want to do is go to bed. Good advice !
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    It would certainly save on space in the game! ;)
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Hated bunk beds. The animations getting in and out were so awkward. Also it was so tall I couldn't see anything around or behind it without moving the camera. So I'm all for more bed options but bunk beds wouldn't do it for me personally.
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    That's too bad you didn't like bunks, I liked them. They save space in rooms. But I do agree we definitely need more bed options.
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    edited July 2016
    We need bunk beds and either: 1. More beds that have better stats that don't look gothic because I'm sick of my sim waking up with a pained back because I chose a bed that fit her room better. 2. Do away with stats altogether. or 3. (My personal least favorable option because I hate the handiness skill) Allow beds to be upgradeable so we can get better stats.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    We need bunk beds and either: 1. More beds that have better stats that don't look gothic because I'm sick of my sim waking up with a pained back because I chose a bed that fit her room better. 2. Do away with stats altogether. or 3. (My personal least favorable option because I hate the handiness skill) Allow beds to be upgradeable so we can get better stats.
    I see a new game play opportunity there. It's with your third option. The game play is that a sim has a slight chance of breaking their own bed when they are trying to upgrade it. ;)

• Options

They are really good Ideas and options.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member

Or loft beds, the blue fort would solve @YungGigi problem of not being able to see wall. With all the new stuff in Kids pack you nee the wall and floor and most of the lots are not big enough for big bedrms unless you stack the house, so instead of tacking the house y not stack the kids and then there is room for puppets and game.

63CfJCp.png
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    Or loft beds, the blue fort would solve @YungGigi problem of not being able to see wall. With all the new stuff in Kids pack you nee the wall and floor and most of the lots are not big enough for big bedrms unless you stack the house, so instead of tacking the house y not stack the kids and then there is room for puppets and game.

63CfJCp.png

Yep I totally agree.
    Good examples!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,617 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Hated bunk beds. The animations getting in and out were so awkward. Also it was so tall I couldn't see anything around or behind it without moving the camera. So I'm all for more bed options but bunk beds wouldn't do it for me personally.

It's okay, you don't have to use them if they do get added in.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I only want bunk beds so we have ladders. I have a feeling they'd make the ladder climbing animations first, then incorporate them into bunk beds later. And we sorely need ladders and different shaped stairs.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    In the other games the ladders were just part of the bunks so the top bunk could be used. The ladders were added later in other pkgs. Like TS3 Island Paradise for the house boats. There was a ladder b4 IP but they got fixed for IP. The ladders for bunks are not separate. But I agree we could use spiral stairs and ladders.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Puffy wrote: »
    Yes, we definitely need more beds options. I feel so boring with bed so limit choice. The least thing my sims want to do is go to bed. Good advice !

The worst part is if you want a bed with high comfort you have to go with the same 2 choices. And it's not as if victorian-style beds match easily with modern houses.
  • Options
    I agree yes we need more stair shape options.
  • Options
    agent_bev wrote: »
    Puffy wrote: »

The worst part is if you want a bed with high comfort you have to go with the same 2 choices. And it's not as if victorian-style beds match easily with modern houses.

Exactly. I would love the idea already stated about being able to upgrade our beds, so we can have beds that match our decor.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'd love to upgrade beds, especially cause the mod pod is my favorite bed. It also has like the most color options and looks good in modern homes.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I'd love to upgrade beds, especially cause the mod pod is my favorite bed. It also has like the most color options and looks good in modern homes.

What we really need is the ability to upgrade the mattress so we can increase the comfort for each bedframe. Each bedframe would have a comfort/energy range, depending on how expensive the mattress is that you choose. Also, they should just unlock all the bedsheet design so you can choose whatever sheet/ mattress/ bedframe combination you want. That would be so amazing.

P.S. Sims should just sleep till 7 am by default even if there energy bar is full. It should just be that they wont be grumpy if you wake them up when they have a full energy bar. Waking up early from a good bed really messes up the sleep schedule

• Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »

I loved them, but the animations were weird, especially if the sim decided "Hey, instead of using the ladder INSIDE the house, let's just walk to the back of the house and climb through the wall the back ladder is against."
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited July 2016
    I agree with everyone who wants bunk beds. I like the idea of being able to upgrade the beds. I always get the best beds my sims can afford, but I don't like getting the kids the gothic beds because as @agent_bev said it messes up their sleep cycle.
    They wake so early that when they get home from school their too tired and need a nap. Mind you with the monsters under the bed every night my sims could use those beds but at the moment they cant afford them.

@StilleWater those beds are awesome. especially the one with the storage in the stairs, they would make an excellent wardrobe or drawers. beds combi with dresser. too much I know but a girl can dream.

I would like to see this to in varying comfort and energy as well as environs
    bunk-bed-with-stairs1_zpsty8g1il4.jpg
    and these would make great murphy beds. again in varying comfort energy and environs. and all beds with the option to upgrade.
    in-search-of-a-better-unique-bunk-bed-design-cramped-bedroom-children-deal-with-kids-bunk-bed-design-920x12261_zpszmooqgf3.jpg

actually I don't see why making beds is not in the craft table under furniture. a long with everything else sims need in their homes.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I loved the bunk bed especially the ones where I could put a desk or loveseat under. Hope they return. was hoping they were in the kids stuff.
  • Options
    These are all awesome Ideas.
    Imagine the possibilities.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2016
    I agree with everyone who wants bunk beds. I like the idea of being able to upgrade the beds. I always get the best beds my sims can afford, but I don't like getting the kids the gothic beds because as @agent_bev said it messes up their sleep cycle.
    They wake so early that when they get home from school their too tired and need a nap. Mind you with the monsters under the bed every night my sims could use those beds but at the moment they cant afford them.

@StilleWater those beds are awesome. especially the one with the storage in the stairs, they would make an excellent wardrobe or drawers. beds combi with dresser. too much I know but a girl can dream.

I would like to see this to in varying comfort and energy as well as environs
    bunk-bed-with-stairs1_zpsty8g1il4.jpg
    and these would make great murphy beds. again in varying comfort energy and environs. and all beds with the option to upgrade.
    in-search-of-a-better-unique-bunk-bed-design-cramped-bedroom-children-deal-with-kids-bunk-bed-design-920x12261_zpszmooqgf3.jpg

actually I don't see why making beds is not in the craft table under furniture. a long with everything else sims need in their homes.

God I've seen prison beds nicer than that last pick.

Yeah bunk beds, Murphy beds and more staircases design's are needed in this game as well as bigger showers and bath tubs , including sunk in ones and integrated kitchen appliances.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,653 Member
    I only want bunk beds so we have ladders. I have a feeling they'd make the ladder climbing animations first, then incorporate them into bunk beds later. And we sorely need ladders and different shaped stairs.

What we need is the ability to create platforms indoors, like we could in Sims2. This will allow for more variety in stairs. U-turn stairs only become possible if you can create a platform. We never got it back in Sims3, although they did give us spiral stairs. It's not the same. I would like to see spiral stairs that aren't so tight, too. Two of my friends had the same floor plan (they both lived in tract homes in CA) The staircase was spiral-like, but it was more of an elongated spiral, a slow curve, if you will. Very elegant.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    Your idea couldn't be better! I badly want bunk beds for my sims!!
  • Options
    SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited July 2016

Upgradeable beds would be AWESOME! I am also very tired of having to use the same 2-3 bed types because of their higher comfort score.
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T