Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good PC to run Sims 4 at Ultra?

Hello. I know this has been probably posted a thousand times, but I'd love if you could tell me of a computer that can run Sims 4 (And TS3&2) at Max graphics with every EP.
I'm a real noob when it comes to computers so I can't build my own, but if you can suggest a costum-build pc that'd be great! Thank you in advance.
PS: I only want to play Sims on it, no other games, since my budget is kind of tight.
It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    What's your budget, and what country are you in?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DasakalaDasakala Posts: 126 Member

I'm in Greece and I'd say at about $500 (so like, 450EU)
    It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Dasakala wrote: »

I'm in Greece and I'd say at about $500 (so like, 450EU)

I suspect that the answer is going to be "no chance", but I'll tag @chesterbigbird for you - if anyone can find a system that will work at that price for you, chester can.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Thank you :) I understand it's a long-shot, but I live in a third-world country (Yes, we're officially called that!) and thus resources are pretty limited.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Thank you :) I understand it's a long-shot, but I live in a third-world country (Yes, we're officially called that!) and thus resources are pretty limited.

You looking at at least 1000 euro http://www.gr-tek.com.au/gaming_computers.php

• Options

Lol, that is wasted money for Sims. With a 600EU costume-built I could easily play TS4 at Max. All it needs is an i5 processor and 8Gbs of Ram, the rest is just formalities
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member

Lol, that is wasted money for Sims. With a 600EU costume-built I could easily play TS4 at Max. All it needs is an i5 processor and 8Gbs of Ram, the rest is just formalities

Then save some money and get that 600EU one then. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Hmmm, guess you answered your own post.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Hmmm, guess you answered your own post.

:D
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
    Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    maybe you should learn how to build a computer, it's more cheaper.
    pre-built gaming computers are expensive and not exactly a good deal. and they charge more because of branding.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options

You need a video card GTX 650 or better and a hard drive to install the game on. The game wont run on an i5 and 8gb of ram without the other things LOL

This is for desktop not laptop and yes the game requires a gaming computer

PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 15 GB of Hard Drive space
  • Options
    Yeah I know it needs more than that, but the "i5 and 8gb of ram" was what I got out of a few google searches, I still don't know what motherboard suits what, what graphics card goes where and what not, so I'm still a newbie :3
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Yeah I know it needs more than that, but the "i5 and 8gb of ram" was what I got out of a few google searches, I still don't know what motherboard suits what, what graphics card goes where and what not, so I'm still a newbie :3

Well then @chesterbigbird is your main person for this.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2016

user @chesterbigbird can help you pick out hardware if your doing custom. She would not advise you building a computer on your own if you have never done it before. Mistakes in building a gaming computer can be costly.

Computer specs you need on desktop. AMD is cheaper than Nvidia or Intel

Processor : AMD FX series or Intel i5
    Video card: Nvidia GTX 950 / 960 or AMD R9 380
    Ram : 8gb
    Hard Drive at least 500 gb
    Windows 64 bit

You will need a higher budget