Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The launcher won't allow me to log in?

CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
For the last 3 days the sims 3 launcher hasn't allowed me to log in to my account. It says invalid password or user name. Here's the strange part: they are both correct and allow me to log in to both Origin and the sims 3 store with no issues. It's even weirder because I had the launcher set to 'keep me logged in' and it suddenly decided my password and user name were incompatible. I've tried password resetting and it's still being funky. The launcher is also not connecting to the sims 3 store page before launch anymore. It just shows a blue page that doesn't load. I don't know if the two problems are connected. I've also tried 'fixing' my sims 3 download through Origin and reinstalling the launcher all to no avail. Anyone else having troubles of a similar nature?

Happy simming people! I hope all of your bugs are short lived.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    People have been reporting issues for the past week or so. I've seen it suggested that you clear IE's browser and cookies even if you don't use that browser (the Launcher apparently uses some of IE's resources). That's helped some people.
  • Options
    TiffanyDTiffanyD Posts: 11 New Member
    THIS WORKED FOR ME! Yay!
  • Options
    CeeaCeea Posts: 517 Member
    It didn't work for me :( It's still blue and not loading. Thanks anyway Trey
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited July 2016
    MIne has also started this again. So far clearing browsers hasn't helped. Also have noticed the "Welcome Screen" on the launcher is now blank. Everything was fine a couple days ago. Also cannot download anything from my favorites or from the exchange.

Just a quick update. I went back into IE and this time when i cleared the browser i made sure I cleared it "all". Usually i leave passwords & cookies alone. However when i came back I was able to log into browser & dowload again. Could have all been in the timing though. Just happy its back working.
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion