Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just for Fun, a Question for All

I'm curious because of some things I've been seeing posted lately. Here's the question...

Do you play Sims4 with MC Command Center?

(Trying for a nose count. Who's in?)

Comments

• Options
    Shimrod101Shimrod101 Posts: 304 Member
    I use it, but only the Cheats module for the Modify In Cas function.
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    I recently downloaded ut but have no idea how to use it, its a bit confusing :#
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »

Come visit my thread here and I'll answer your questions, or if I can't, I'll take them to Deaderpool:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here#latest/

If you downloaded the allmodules zip file, there's a troubleshooting pdf included (I wrote it) that may help. It's outdated, but the steps involved are the same. The dates and pictures will just be different.

The first place you'd look to fool with mod stuff in on a live lot, click a computer. The bulk of the UI is there.

If you use MC Cheats, those menu options are on the Mailbox.

And if you enable it in settings (Computer > MC > Other Settings... those are the Base Game settings we all have), you can show both MC and Cheats UI options on your Sims, too.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    edited July 2016
    I usually use it, but right now I'm working on a challenge. I love the occult settings and some of the cheats come in handy for Dine Out. I also like the pregnancy settings, no culling (yay!) and have the optional woohoo portion we're not allowed to talk about. It's one of my favorite mods.
  • Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes. I love it. I can't imagine trying to play without it now. Very grateful to Deaderpool for this fantastic mod.
  • Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I use it and now I can't play without it...... Is something going on with it right now?? Because it's not working today
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    Lex2221 wrote: »
    I use it and now I can't play without it...... Is something going on with it right now?? Because it's not working today

What's happening or not happening for you? Works fine for me, I played a few minutes yesterday.

What did you do yesterday? :) Add anything new, take anything out, update, patch, change other mods... etc.

If your game is patched up to the last 2 Dine Out related patches, you should have 2.12.0 of MC installed. 2.11.0 *might* work, but 2.12.0 is designed for this game update round.

I can help, but I need more details.
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm curious because of some things I've been seeing posted lately. Here's the question...

No, if I wanted to change parameters which are written in plain text then determine whether or not there are hard restrictions by launching my game repeatedly, I'll just unpack it all and edit them myself with notepad.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited July 2016
    I use it. I want some control over EA's arbitrary sim and relationship culling.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    No, I'm just making my own mods if I need something
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »

Come visit my thread here and I'll answer your questions, or if I can't, I'll take them to Deaderpool:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here#latest/

If you downloaded the allmodules zip file, there's a troubleshooting pdf included (I wrote it) that may help. It's outdated, but the steps involved are the same. The dates and pictures will just be different.

The first place you'd look to fool with mod stuff in on a live lot, click a computer. The bulk of the UI is there.

If you use MC Cheats, those menu options are on the Mailbox.

And if you enable it in settings (Computer > MC > Other Settings... those are the Base Game settings we all have), you can show both MC and Cheats UI options on your Sims, too.

i had missed the pdf!! i read it an i think i understand, thanks!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    It's a necessity to makes the game playable the way that I want to play it.
  • Options
    AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    I used to use AwesomeMod for TS3 but I haven't felt the need to give MC Command Center for TS4 a try.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Yes, I use it. It's awesome! :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member

Yes, I do. It's really no fun without it.

So count me in.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    MeTime85MeTime85 Posts: 142 Member

I want to learn how to use it, but it has so many files, It'll take me all day to get them in my mods folder, lol.

For-forum.jpg
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I use the plumbob out of it! I have all modules and no doubt love it to death! It's the first thing I check when a new pach is ou!
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    MeTime85 wrote: »

I want to learn how to use it, but it has so many files, It'll take me all day to get them in my mods folder, lol.

Nah. Download the AllModules zip file. Use 7zip to extract them, Highlight the whole list, and Copy To... /Sims4/Mods/MC (whatever you call it there). Easy peasy.

Setup will take longer than install. :) I'm home for the week now, let me know in my help thread if you need anything.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yup, I use it. I think I may be completely dependent at this point, lol. I mainly got it to help with relationship decay, but once I saw all the options...I got hooked :-P Same sex pregnancy, risky whoohoo, setting households as ancestral and, most of all, story progression for NPCs! I love that various townies can get married, move in together, and have kids :-D It's ot perfect by any means...I have a couple quibbles with how adoption works, and I thinking setting it so that males can get pregnant (to enable m/m kids) and females can be the pregnancy partner (for enable f/f) has made it so the male partner keeps getting pregnant in the straight relatioships :P But all in all, I much prefer that to everything stagnating and whole famalies dying off.

I actually made a thread where people can share their favorite MCCC stories :-)

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/900774/mc-command-control-fav-npc-stories#latest