Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have two issues in the Sims 3

I've been having two constant issues with the Sims 3. Just a before note, I only have 3 mods and very few cc, and as far as I could tell none of them could have anything to do with the problems. The expansion packs I have are Supernatural, University, Pets, and Generations. I have no stuff packs or anything from the Store.

The first one is definitely the most annoying. My youngest sim in the household will NOT age. It was her birthday. I tried having her blow out the candles on a cake. Nothing happened. I waited for her to age up on her own. Nothing happened. I tried to age her up via CAS. It didn't work very well. It kept distorting her in grotesque ways. I have aging on for all sims. It's not affecting any other sim in the household except for the youngest. Does anyone else have this issue? If you did and don't anymore, what did you do to fix it?

The second one confuses me a little. It only allows me to have 6 sims in a household. Last time I checked, I was allowed to have 8. Did something change during the long break I took from playing the sims 3? If so, I wasn't aware of it.

I don't know what to do to solve any of these issues. I've never had them before.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Nothing's changed as far as how many sims you can have in a household. I think it's 10 sims+pets total, but up to 8 sims and 6 pets individually.

I have had sims not age up correctly. I've been told that can be due to an error with outfit assignments. The last time this happened in my game nothing fixed the issue. I ended up reverting to and older save game, recreating the affected sim in CAS, moving them in with the family, duplicating all skills, traits, relationships, hidden skills, hidden traits, books known, school performance, etc. with NRaas MasterController (and its Cheats module) then using MC's Total Annihilation feature to remove the problem sim.

You could try resetting the sim before or after the sim's birthday. I think some people have had success with that.