Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drifting Love! Really?

I'm sure most people really like this feature but I am so upset right now I just don't want to play.

I play my sims in rotation. I just returned to one of my oldest families to find the mother crying uncontrollably. She is very sad from drifting love. (From jealousy). This moodlet is supposed to last 17 hours. My first thought was, "what has her hubby been up to?" Turns out it wasn't him. In my last rotation I was playing my young adult scientist sim. I wanted her to test a serum so sent her out to the tourist area. All the sims there were my sims except for one. I didn't want to put my sims in danger so I focussed on the stranger. Enchanting introduction popped up so I decided to see what it was all about. She now has a romantic relationship with this sim but what I didn't know was that her aunt who was sitting with him also was romantic with him. Now I have a jealous sim, who by the way does not have the jealous trait.

Why are all my married sims in extra romantic relations? I have more single sims who have absolutely no romance and could use a bit.
I just wish there was a way to turn this off. If I want drama, I would like to choose it on my own.
Oh and to add misery she has the whim to kiss someone but of course it is greyed out!

No wonder there are so many single mother households. I may start to have a few more of my own.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Have her ask the other sims just to be friends. It s under friendly.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    @catloverplayer, Thanks I will give it a try and see what happens. I have calmed down now.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    i saw it mentioned before. Sims having a few romantic relationships at the same time. Its pretty annoying especially when you play loyal married sims. When you dont lay with, the game decides ur sims neet to have an affair.. -_-'
    I mean i like it when i intent the story to go like that or that the game has a sort of story progression household that i dont curently play with, BUT can we get the option? Can we just set which household have all the freedom, limited freedom or NO freedom at all for story progression. Limited should be normal, so no affairs, just living their regular life and making friends.
  • Options
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    @catloverplayer, Thanks I will give it a try and see what happens. I have calmed down now.

That fixes the issue.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer . So I sent her off to an empty lot with her romantic interests and asked them to just be friends so the pink in the bottom bar is gone so that is all good. She is still very sad though so I guess I will just ignore her and let her cry it out. Thanks again that will be good to use with all my other families. Much better than being mean and making an enemy along with it, especially when it is family.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer . So I sent her off to an empty lot with her romantic interests and asked them to just be friends so the pink in the bottom bar is gone so that is all good. She is still very sad though so I guess I will just ignore her and let her cry it out. Thanks again that will be good to use with all my other families. Much better than being mean and making an enemy along with it, especially when it is family.

It was secretly added in the Dine Out patch.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @suzanna13 After you used the "Ask to just be friends" social, in the relationship panel does it still say anything romantic (like sweethearts, lovebirds etc) or did it remove it? Because the other day I used this social and while the romantic relationship bar went away, they were still classified as "sweethearts" in my Sims relationship panel. :cry:
  • Options
    @Simanite Acquaintances and just friends.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Thanks for checking. I wonder why it didn't work for me. :confounded:
  • Options
    Your welcome. Bugs!
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member

It was secretly added in the Dine Out patch.

See i thought i was going mad when this interaction popped up because it wasn't something that was announced and i thought it may have been another thing i'd somehow missed ... ive accidentally clicked it twice and panicked because one of the times my sim actually preformed the action before i could cancel it >.<
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @suzanna13 you can just stack up some happy moodlets and the sad moodlet will be buried and not be a factor. Eating fruit and having a deep conversation while your sim has high needs will be sufficient to over-ride the sad moodlet. Then once your sim is happy take a screenshot and get your sim to reminisce about it.

It's easy to bury any emotion you don't want to be bothered about.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    I had her husband ask her to stargaze and she was inspired for a while but she is really having mood swings.lol. It's going to be a long day but we will get through it now that I have calmed down. Guess I just needed to vent.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I'm sure most people really like this feature but I am so upset right now I just don't want to play.

I play my sims in rotation. I just returned to one of my oldest families to find the mother crying uncontrollably. She is very sad from drifting love. (From jealousy). This moodlet is supposed to last 17 hours. My first thought was, "what has her hubby been up to?" Turns out it wasn't him. In my last rotation I was playing my young adult scientist sim. I wanted her to test a serum so sent her out to the tourist area. All the sims there were my sims except for one. I didn't want to put my sims in danger so I focussed on the stranger. Enchanting introduction popped up so I decided to see what it was all about. She now has a romantic relationship with this sim but what I didn't know was that her aunt who was sitting with him also was romantic with him. Now I have a jealous sim, who by the way does not have the jealous trait.

Why are all my married sims in extra romantic relations? I have more single sims who have absolutely no romance and could use a bit.
    I just wish there was a way to turn this off. If I want drama, I would like to choose it on my own.
    Oh and to add misery she has the whim to kiss someone but of course it is greyed out!

No wonder there are so many single mother households. I may start to have a few more of my own.

Drifting Love?
    This title make me thing a Stuff Pack like

250?cb=20130309101840
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I had her husband ask her to stargaze and she was inspired for a while but she is really having mood swings.lol. It's going to be a long day but we will get through it now that I have calmed down. Guess I just needed to vent.

Yep, it is beyond annoying that playing rotationally allows your sims to have all these extra love interests. It always ruins the stories that I have inside my head for all my sims.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Writer01Writer01 Posts: 572 Member
    Yep, beyond annoying in the current game that I'm playing.

I created two Sims who are based upon characters in the book I'm writing--male and female Sims. I moved the male character into his house and the woman into the house next door. When I went to play the male Sim to make him get a promotion in his career, I found out that he had another love interest.

I moved the male Sim in with my female Sim immediately. When I tried to "Ask to be just friends", the option wasn't there, and she kept texting him about wanting to go out on a date. The next day off, he invited her over, was mean to her, flirted and made out with my female Sim in front of her.

After all of that, she is still in the Romantic Interests tab of the Social window, and she still calls to "hang out" with him. lol. Top it all of, she was just his acquaintance
    “Language is wine upon the lips.” —Virginia Woolf[/center]
    Unless otherwise stated, none of my creations are on the Gallery.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I use a UI cheats mod to modify the relationship bars and kill the random romances. I play rotationally through three different saves and these romances popping up while playing a different household upsets me a lot. I don't like the game hijacking my stories! The UI mod makes it quick and simple and my Sims never have to see that 'romantic interest' again. But it makes for some interesting scenarios when a married or engaged Sim is getting the cold shoulder from his/her partner. But then I have to spend a lot of time mending their relationship. Or pull the romance bar back up to high with the mod. I've been using this mod for a long time and it is very helpful.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I use a UI cheats mod to modify the relationship bars and kill the random romances. I play rotationally through three different saves and these romances popping up while playing a different household upsets me a lot. I don't like the game hijacking my stories! The UI mod makes it quick and simple and my Sims never have to see that 'romantic interest' again. But it makes for some interesting scenarios when a married or engaged Sim is getting the cold shoulder from his/her partner. But then I have to spend a lot of time mending their relationship. Or pull the romance bar back up to high with the mod. I've been using this mod for a long time and it is very helpful.

MC Command Center: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

UI Cheats: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=558548

Work together fine, AFAIK, just be sure you have the last updated versions of both. I'm using both here. (MC doesn't fill motives, UI Cheats does.)

If you use UI cheats to fix relationships, you'll still have a romance bar, if you set it to 0. If you use MC to do it, you can remove that bar totally. Both mods have ways to set relationship levels for whatever you like.

MC's Tuner mod has a setting for disabling Auto Flirting. :)