Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I keep scoring to low on the head master!

MeepleepMeepleep Posts: 180 Member
Every single generation has been in private school. Now on generation 4, I can't get him to say yes to let my sims sister into the private school!

Now, the parents have passed away. Right after they had her, they only had 7 days till elder left so I aged them up, then I needed more room in the house so I killed them off since their eldest child had become heir and they were useless. (I usually kill off extra children, but I'm pretty attached...)

So, the heir, whom is also her sister has basically raised her since she was an elder. Her sister taught her how to walk, talk, and potty trained her.

Whenever I invite the headmaster over, I usually get about 50 points on the house, then like 30 with the food. (I've switched between turkey, lobster thermador, and salmon.)

Since schmoozing never really worked, I almost always would just chat with him, but this didnt work, neither did schmooze or flirt!

I honestly dont want to break the tradition. I'll even use a cheat if needed.

Any solutions?

Comments

• Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I always put nice wall art up and have expensive flooring, oh, and lots of light. Make sure all the bathrooms are clean, the leaves are raked and all the bills are paid. Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    taffy550 wrote: »
    I always put nice wall art up and have expensive flooring, oh, and lots of light. Make sure all the bathrooms are clean, the leaves are raked and all the bills are paid. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks I'll try it now!
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Wowza. I've never been able to please the headmaster. Everytime something bad happens. One time the elevator broke, so I couldn't give a tour of the house, and another time the stove broke, so I couldn't give a decent meal. But since you're willing, just use the cheat, if there is one.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    1. Buy an expensive statue. Put the statue near where you are when you share the room. You can move the statue around the house as you give the tour. If you aren't scoring super high here this can help. As long as you sell the statue back before midnight, you get full price back.
    2. Make dinner the night before or have the chef make a group meal several hours ahead of time. Stick the meal in the fridge. You can succeed with Pork Chops or Salmon if you don't have a level 10 cook. Pull the meal out when the tour is done and call the headmaster to dinner. Make sure Sims are hungry at this time as they will get schmooze points while eating if they eat as a group.
    3. Make sure the schmoozer has high interests in the topics on hand.
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    1. Buy an expensive statue. Put the statue near where you are when you share the room. You can move the statue around the house as you give the tour. If you aren't scoring super high here this can help. As long as you sell the statue back before midnight, you get full price back.
    2. Make dinner the night before or have the chef make a group meal several hours ahead of time. Stick the meal in the fridge. You can succeed with Pork Chops or Salmon if you don't have a level 10 cook. Pull the meal out when the tour is done and call the headmaster to dinner. Make sure Sims are hungry at this time as they will get schmooze points while eating if they eat as a group.

The meal will spoil if made the night before, as there's no way to put it in the fridge to hold overnight. It needs to be made at 4:30 so it's ready at 5 or 5:30 when the headmaster arrives..

Show off the bathrooms and your best remaining rooms. Only let someone with really high Charisma interact with the headmaster. Also, saving your game right before your Sim with the highest cooking skill begins cooking helps. That way, if something gets messed up, you can just exit the game and have the Sim start over with cooking the meal.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

The meal will spoil if made the night before, as there's no way to put it in the fridge to hold overnight. It needs to be made at 4:30 so it's ready at 5 or 5:30 when the headmaster arrives..

Show off the bathrooms and your best remaining rooms. Only let someone with really high Charisma interact with the headmaster. Also, saving your game right before your Sim with the highest cooking skill begins cooking helps. That way, if something gets messed up, you can just exit the game and have the Sim start over with cooking the meal.

Leftovers are possible with the Seasons Expansion pack. I know Meepleep has it as she mentioned a Sim topping the Education career in another thread which is a career added with Seasons so I did not phrase it "If you have Seasons make dinner the night before...".
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2016
    Also, if they still need points after the house tour and the meal, they will get extra 10 points if the Headmaster

a. drinks coffee/espresso
    b. plays darts/chess
    c. gets in the hot tub

To get him to drink coffee/espresso have some made and ready in the room they're eating. Have a dart board/chess table/hot tub (I think chess too) near where the tour ends.

*I've also noticed the option to use the Greet gestures before the headmaster is actually Greeted. So I'll line them up before the Sim greets the headmaster so they will get better schmooze points

*Also, I found if they have money, use the Buffet table to place plates of turkey, cancel the action after they place the plate of food and before they eat so the food is sitting there for the Headmaster to eat. They'll get good points for that and don't need the skill for cooking.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Having a high cooking skill helps. A difficult and well cooked dish ensures good points for food. Have the headmaster and your sim eat together. Let him drink some coffee and use the bubblebath (+10 points I believe). Show your best rooms with the most expensive stuff in it (until he says that he's seen enough of the house).
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Meepleep
    My top tip is making sure the house is clean and the garden is tidy before inviting the Headmaster.
    If you do want to prepare the dinner before the Headmaster arrives, as soon as it is cooked, abandon the action to serve and replace with put away leftovers. When this leftover is removed from the fridge, the option to serve will be available.
    Your food points awarded (30 points) are not what I would expect for serving turkey (45 points) or lobster thermidor (50 points)?
    Did the meal burn?

If Vince was the Headmaster who came over for dinner, then do not schmooze - chat only or have a Sim with a reputation of reputable resident to sociable celebrity do the talking; however, if it is Corey the Headmaster - schmooze as he is receptive to schmoozing about school! :)

At 4.30pm, save the lot and have a Sim start preparing the meal as the dinner menu is now available.
    If your Sim is unsuccessful in gaining entry to Private School for the child/children, exit the lot to the neighbourhood without saving and re-enter the lot and try again.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Does anybody else scream at the headmaster telling him to eat quicker, we only have so much time?
  • Options
    Lol! No. I've not failed one in years but I do remember the stress. :lol:

I mostly have my Sims sit while he eats because they're either not hungry or have just eaten because they were too hungry after school. :O)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I passed! I decorated most of my rooms with paintings and statues for the tour, and fed him turkey! :P
  • Options
    Meepleep wrote: »
    Thanks everyone, I passed! I decorated most of my rooms with paintings and statues for the tour, and fed him turkey! :P

Congrats! Now a word of warning. Be prepared for the headmaster to call the Sim he bonded with ALL THE TIME. Whomever greeted him first and schmoozed with him, that is. It's really annoying, and if you lose him as a friend, it's POSSIBLE that he might do a home evaluation out of the blue (I've had this happen where the headmaster randomly shows up and you have to schmooze him all over again because he doesn't think your kid is of "proper material" to be enrolled at his school). Make sure your Sim keeps him happy and in friendship on the phone.
  • Options
    You don't have to be friends with him, he calls but it'll be random (unless they are friends and it drops low), and they don't re-evaluated once they're in. Never... ever had this happen. I can't be crazy either, you must have had a glitch or bug.

He only comes back to evaluate the family if they call him or it could be a new one, for another child, group of children.

• Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You don't have to be friends with him, he calls but it'll be random (unless they are friends and it drops low), and they don't re-evaluated once they're in. Never... ever had this happen. I can't be crazy either, you must have had a glitch or bug.

He only comes back to evaluate the family if they call him or it could be a new one, for another child, group of children.

Nope, he showed up shortly after Susie got in and she was the only child at the time, and he said he was there because he didn't think she was of the proper caliber or something like that to be in "his" school. And yes, he until I killed the mom off yesterday, he called ALL THE TIME.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Nope, he showed up shortly after Susie got in and she was the only child at the time, and he said he was there because he didn't think she was of the proper caliber or something like that to be in "his" school. And yes, he until I killed the mom off yesterday, he called ALL THE TIME.

Calling All the time can be a random thing. Each Sim seems to have a Random friend or acquaintance that calls them All THE TIME. It isn't because he's the Headmaster.

Never saw it... never read about it. So, he came Back to your lot AFTER letting your Sim into the school and leaving to say they're not good enoough? It sounds like a glitch.

Has anyone else Ever seen that happen? I'm so confused on this.

**Unless you invited him back and they failed the second time. :)
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I have never had the Headmaster revisit the household unless my Sim invites him back as there is a new family edition or the next generation in a legacy.
    The Headmaster tends to phone a Sim in the house if the relationship score reaches about 30 while being entertained and most of the time, it has actually been with one of the children e.g. Beau Broke.
    There is always a Sim that your Sim can't phone back; if they invite you downtown or you meet them on a community lot, I would get the Sim to have a group outing and develop the friendship. If this Sim spends time with your Sim, they are less likely to phone.
  • Options

Congrats! Now a word of warning. Be prepared for the headmaster to call the Sim he bonded with ALL THE TIME. Whomever greeted him first and schmoozed with him, that is. It's really annoying, and if you lose him as a friend, it's POSSIBLE that he might do a home evaluation out of the blue (I've had this happen where the headmaster randomly shows up and you have to schmooze him all over again because he doesn't think your kid is of "proper material" to be enrolled at his school). Make sure your Sim keeps him happy and in friendship on the phone.

That's never happened to me ever... All 4 generations have been enlisted into private school, it was just this generation I had trouble with.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I got sick of messing with him so I got an aspiration reward from Mod the Sims that allows you to bribe the headmaster instead. ;)
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited July 2016

You must have some mod for a "home evaluation". I've never ever heard of that and I've been playing TS2 since launch (and still do).

You do not need to be friends with the headmaster. I've never become friends with him and I've only not made it into private school through all of these years via glitches. Also, the Sim that greets him does NOT need to be the one who schmoozes with him. Many times, I'll have one Sim greet him, give him a tour of the four best rooms (this is when I get the thank you for showing him around) and if things are not going well, I have another Sim start talking to him to get the points up to where my family meets the requirement after the meal.

Another tip is to make coffee - it's worth another 10 pts. Make sure your Sim takes a cup right after the meal so the Headmaster will follow. Drinking coffee will take a while so be sure to allot yourself a good amount of time.
    The hot tub can give you more pts, but I wouldn't recommend risking it because I know from experience that Sims get stuck and if you reset them, it will negate the visit.

So, tour, eat, coffee and some chatter thrown in. That order of operations should get your kids in as long as you aren't living in a cess pool and trying to force grilled cheese down his throat! >:)
    (I don't know grilled cheese might be okay, but I usually serve pork chops. ;) )
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SkylerGSkylerG Posts: 84 Member
    what worked for me was having a high level cooking skill turkey usually works and at least 2 charisma and most of all book shelves in all 4 rooms you show to the head master and chess table might help. worked for me everytime a toddler aged up.
    make the food before he comes then serve food straight away and then tour and talk it worked for me
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited July 2016
    NB, walls and floors do not work in Sims 2 like they do in Sims 3. Cheap walls and floors, however nice they look to you, or walls and floors from the university collection, will make the headmaster boo. The price of the walls and floors is everything, and if it is custom made, make sure it hasn't used a university wall or floor as it's dummy.

Also, about the schmoozing, about money only works if they have a lot of family funds, A LOT, and about career only works if that sim is at the top.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    NB, walls and floors do not work in Sims 2 like they do in Sims 3. Cheap walls and floors, however nice they look to you, or walls and floors from the university collection, will make the headmaster boo. The price of the walls and floors is everything, and if it is custom made, make sure it hasn't used a university wall or floor as it's dummy.

Also, about the schmoozing, about money only works if they have a lot of family funds, A LOT, and about career only works if that sim is at the top.

Right!
    It's the Bamboo flooring that's messed up, iirc. I used to redo it with HomeCrafter. :lol:
  • Options
    DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member

That's never happened to me ever... All 4 generations have been enlisted into private school, it was just this generation I had trouble with.

that's never happened to me either, the part where he re evaluates the home, never ever, not in the disk version, maybe it's something that happened with pets, bon voyage or apartment life, but I don't know because I haven't played up to children with the UC yet.

NB: Corey is not bad as a hubby.
    I didn't notice whether or not marrying him affected the private school entry chances after that, and I can't remember if he had any special extra interactions with the new headmaster.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

You must have some mod for a "home evaluation". I've never ever heard of that and I've been playing TS2 since launch (and still do).

You do not need to be friends with the headmaster. I've never become friends with him and I've only not made it into private school through all of these years via glitches. Also, the Sim that greets him does NOT need to be the one who schmoozes with him. Many times, I'll have one Sim greet him, give him a tour of the four best rooms (this is when I get the thank you for showing him around) and if things are not going well, I have another Sim start talking to him to get the points up to where my family meets the requirement after the meal.

Another tip is to make coffee - it's worth another 10 pts. Make sure your Sim takes a cup right after the meal so the Headmaster will follow. Drinking coffee will take a while so be sure to allot yourself a good amount of time.
    The hot tub can give you more pts, but I wouldn't recommend risking it because I know from experience that Sims get stuck and if you reset them, it will negate the visit.

So, tour, eat, coffee and some chatter thrown in. That order of operations should get your kids in as long as you aren't living in a cess pool and trying to force grilled cheese down his throat! >:)
    (I don't know grilled cheese might be okay, but I usually serve pork chops. ;) )

If I used mods that might be a possibility, but I do not use mods or custom content. Only what came with the game and the University expansion pack.