Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vivian Lewis's original age?

Can anybody save me from having to roll a new game to check this for myself? (Takes too long just to answer one question.)

I'd LOVE to know how old Vivian Lewis is when you first start a new game. Whether it's days lived, days left... however you see it, I'd like to know what it says.

I think my (all of our?) aging is at least partly busted, because I'm on my first Friday, so, 5 days in. There's NO WAY she or Dennis should be 16 days old, but that's what MC says. 16/50. I know good and well she's NOT 10 days old at first load, so, what's up with my aging?

So far I'm going to say it's just elder aging I've noticed being affected. But I saw a post on MC's thread about someone else having aging up running rampant across the whole game.

I'm seriously tempted to turn aging off completely, at least until we get another patch. Which I hope is soon, we NEED it!!

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    According to this site, she's lived 50 days.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

Thanks! Bookmarked that. I forgot about how it switches over to Days Lived for elders. I guess I'm going to have to bite it and roll up a new game right quick (sometime) to see what her green bar looks like in the very beginning. And what MC says at that point. (I'm not from the Show-Me state, but, I could have been. LOL!)

I really REALLY think she's aging much faster than she should be. And poor (elder) Lydia, being pregnant, her age bar shows 25/28 days. Youth potion doesn't work, it does reset the bar, but THEN it shows her with 1/4 days. That is just truly strange. All of it.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Thanks! Bookmarked that. I forgot about how it switches over to Days Lived for elders. I guess I'm going to have to bite it and roll up a new game right quick (sometime) to see what her green bar looks like in the very beginning. And what MC says at that point. (I'm not from the Show-Me state, but, I could have been. LOL!)

I really REALLY think she's aging much faster than she should be. And poor (elder) Lydia, being pregnant, her age bar shows 25/28 days. Youth potion doesn't work, it does reset the bar, but THEN it shows her with 1/4 days. That is just truly strange. All of it.

Yeah, definitely something really dodgy going on with ageing since the last patch... :o
  • Options
    LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
    I'm having some weird issues too and I don't know if it's MCCD or not. For example it says my young adult at the beginning of her age bar has 4 days until age-up, but my life spans are set to long.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Lutefisk wrote: »
    I'm having some weird issues too and I don't know if it's MCCD or not. For example it says my young adult at the beginning of her age bar has 4 days until age-up, but my life spans are set to long.

Let me guess. She's pregnant.

Edit: And if that's true, doesn't it sound like the game is keying in on the age of the BABY instead of the parent?

Link to that "rampant aging" post:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5038008#post5038008
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I started a new game and it says she has lived 50 days..
  • Options
    I started a new game and it says she has lived 50 days..

Would you happen to use MC? It shows ages like 50/80... just wondering.

I remember there being SOME green in Vivian's bar, but it wasn't much, and certainly shouldn't be 16 days worth after 5 gamedays. Alice's was at about 9, which seems a lot more reasonable.

Just chasing that aging thing, but knowing I should be in bed for work tonight already. Know what I WANT to do, but, no time.

Thanks, all! :)

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Can anybody save me from having to roll a new game to check this for myself? (Takes too long just to answer one question.)

I'd LOVE to know how old Vivian Lewis is when you first start a new game. Whether it's days lived, days left... however you see it, I'd like to know what it says.

I think my (all of our?) aging is at least partly busted, because I'm on my first Friday, so, 5 days in. There's NO WAY she or Dennis should be 16 days old, but that's what MC says. 16/50. I know good and well she's NOT 10 days old at first load, so, what's up with my aging?

So far I'm going to say it's just elder aging I've noticed being affected. But I saw a post on MC's thread about someone else having aging up running rampant across the whole game.

I'm seriously tempted to turn aging off completely, at least until we get another patch. Which I hope is soon, we NEED it!!
    Is she the one who lives in Willow Creek? if so I just started playing her. I converted her to young adult because I do not play with elders and she might croak soon. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    @egwarhammer yes I do use mc
  • Options
    this is was is shows in my game

Vivan%20Lewis_zpsyyc2czyf.jpg