Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why so long for a new expansion pack?

I got tired of all the stuff packs, and I was pretty excited about the dine out game pack. At the same time I am disappointed. They are just trying to hold us over. I am hoping they are taking so long because it is gonna be amazing. I hope it is well worth the wait. I have not even played the sims 4 for months because I was getting annoyed. I don't want more stuff packs. So whats up with the wait? anyone know?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Nope, We are all in the Dark the same as you are, or at least I am, I have been waiting for game item's that I use from day 1, So it basically makes no difference to me what comes out, Unless it is item's that I use for My Gothic game type play, then I will just have to either wait longer, or give up on this game all together, only time will tell.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    They gained a heart to give our wallets a break....mine is still coughing out pennies here and there with me shouting "Get back in there! Get back in there!"
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    They gained a heart to give our wallets a break....mine is still coughing out pennies here and there with me shouting "Get back in there! Get back in there!"

Thank's for the laugh, I so needed it, :)
  • Options
    @BlueBlack007 Your welcome Lol!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    well i think they were focusing more on dine out and now they're probably focusing on the ep and maybe we might see a clip of the ep on the next teaser for showing the new sps and the new ep *shrugs* but im just guessing
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'm kinda sick of so many SPs too. Like I don't mind them but we get so many of them I haven't gotten one since like Spooky stuff
    Hope the next EP is huge with a huge world too, GTW and GT were a bit meh to me (though Windenburg is nice)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Generations with toddlers please! But I'm insure if they would but out a kids pack before generations...
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    generations or farming, please. If it is farming and not generations, at least patch toddlers in. It's the reason I haven't started my family yet. Not having a family for this long is killing me :*(
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Like any Expansion Pack, it takes time to make :3
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

I think they are working more on fixing bugs then making new plans for an expansion. Also Dine-out came out so they want to see if it has any game-breaking bugs in it before they even consider making a new EP I would think.

EPs might take longer to make because new content, possible worlds, dialog trees, ntm all the sim-like gimmicks that would take place. With stuff packs the content is smaller, and easier to diagnose for new bugs that might slip through. With EPs you have a big list of features that go along with it and with that comes a more time consuming task of eradicating bugs I would think.

All of this is just my opinion I honestly have no idea what really goes on, but I just assume this is the case.

It is again almost year 3 and the team is pumping out a lot of packs to tide us over. (=

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    dominimp wrote: »

I think they are working more on fixing bugs then making new plans for an expansion. Also Dine-out came out so they want to see if it has any game-breaking bugs in it before they even consider making a new EP I would think.

EPs might take longer to make because new content, possible worlds, dialog trees, ntm all the sim-like gimmicks that would take place. With stuff packs the content is smaller, and easier to diagnose for new bugs that might slip through. With EPs you have a big list of features that go along with it and with that comes a more time consuming task of eradicating bugs I would think.

All of this is just my opinion I honestly have no idea what really goes on, but I just assume this is the case.

It is again almost year 3 and the team is pumping out a lot of packs to tide us over. (=

No....Were not even officially on year 2 yet, which will officially start on September 02, 2016. Sims 4 was released on 09/02/2014.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    We'll be getting a preview of what's to come between July and September early next month, and in the next two weeks we'll get the kids SP. The gurus have commented that Dine Out took longer than usual due to programming (such as fixing the musical chairs) which can only be a good thing, and some of the team was working on the new gender options patch. I believe that the team has also been working on toddlers, remember the toddlers idea thread was stickied and then in Dine Out one of the chefs stations has a random baby bottle on it, possibly as a hint. I think that we'll be getting toddlers and a Generations EP this summer.
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    We'll be getting a preview of what's to come between July and September early next month, and in the next two weeks we'll get the kids SP. The gurus have commented that Dine Out took longer than usual due to programming (such as fixing the musical chairs) which can only be a good thing, and some of the team was working on the new gender options patch. I believe that the team has also been working on toddlers, remember the toddlers idea thread was stickied and then in Dine Out one of the chefs stations has a random baby bottle on it, possibly as a hint. I think that we'll be getting toddlers and a Generations EP this summer.

I guess it could happen.."shrugs"..provided the insider that leaked that generations and pets were not even on the drawing board at this point was completely bogus.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member

ahhaahah @DegrassiGen :)) Mine refused to pay for Dine out;))) every day I face the same message: " You are broke:)) Come back next month:)"
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I got tired of all the stuff packs, and I was pretty excited about the dine out game pack. At the same time I am disappointed. They are just trying to hold us over. I am hoping they are taking so long because it is gonna be amazing. I hope it is well worth the wait. I have not even played the sims 4 for months because I was getting annoyed. I don't want more stuff packs. So whats up with the wait? anyone know?

OP.. I am here with you too.. I do hope the next expansion pack will take my breath away, make me speechless and dizzy from over excitement:))) Also hope they won't do another bad expansion ( in my opinion) like Get together.. so fingers, toes, ears, hands , legs crossed:)))) and I even try to cross all my hair.. if I ever make them crossed all:))))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2016
    If their working on a carnival expansion it could take a while because they have to program the rides to work right.

In the meantime can't wait to find more out on backyard stuffpack.
  • Options
    teaa5 wrote: »
    Alorapop wrote: »

OP.. I am here with you too.. I do hope the next expansion pack will take my breath away, make me speechless and dizzy from over excitement:))) Also hope they won't do another bad expansion ( in my opinion) like Get together.. so fingers, toes, ears, hands , legs crossed:)))) and I even try to cross all my hair.. if I ever make them crossed all:))))

So basically you want an expansion pack that's so exciting you need an oxygen tank to get through it? LOL!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    If their working on a carnival expansion it could take a while because they have to program the rides to work right.

I doubt they are, and hope not. At least not yet.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think we should just patiently wait until it's announced and once we get it, they'll probably explain why it took them so long. Let's hope they're working on a seasons/climate EP ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm looking forward to the unveiling of the next real package... I just hope it's all fleshed out and what not. I'm sure that EA has learned their marketing lesson and the developers should be doing better now that we've all petitioned and begun to focus on discount bundles.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Can we please let them fix the bugs before adding more bugs.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2016
    hahaha I can hear the Gurus scrolling through the forums taunting "We know something they don't know!"
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    Can we please let them fix the bugs before adding more bugs.

Sorry, you'll have to fix them yourselves or start/join communities where those who have already done so are willing to offer solutions.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    hahaha I can here the Gurus scrolling through the forums taunting "We know something they don't know!"

Well, don't we do the same thing to our Sims? :lol:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Because EA has taught everyone to pay half the price of an EP for a single feature (e.g. restaurants). Now they don't have to make EPs anymore. They'll just keep selling GPs and each one will have one feature in it, and cost $20.

simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell