Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a bug, or did they change the ability to steal?

I can only swipe one object. I have not played the game in months, but before I was able to swipe 3 in one night. This is frustrating. and yes I am waiting until after midnight. but it does not look like i have to anymore since It has the option during the day. but I can not swipe more than one a day. So why is this?
tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    So far I have only been able to swipe one item, and that item was the chicken statue that's found just outside the restroom doors at the Rattlesnake juice bar in Oasis Spring. I have not tried to have Matt swipe more than one item in one sims day yet. So I don't know!
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    There is a cool down for the interaction now.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited June 2016
    -content removed-
    Perhaps it is a conflicting mod or piece of custom content?
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    I can only swipe one object. I have not played the game in months, but before I was able to swipe 3 in one night. This is frustrating. and yes I am waiting until after midnight. but it does not look like i have to anymore since It has the option during the day. but I can not swipe more than one a day. So why is this?

You can steal any time, but you have to wait -- 2 hours, 4 hours or 8 hours depending on the value of the item stolen. If your Sim gets caught, there's a 4-hour embarrassment moodlet that prevents another try, which can be reduced by trying to calm down in the mirror. Also, not all items can be stolen, and whether an item is available depends on how high your Sim's mischief skill is. Lamps are about the only thing my Sim could take in the beginning, but she worked her way up to computers and suits of armor.

• Options
    But I can get this back on topic with a little help from you guys. Has any one tried to swipe more than one item in the game in a single sim day recently? :)
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    But I can get this back on topic with a little help from you guys. Has any one tried to swipe more than one item in the game in a single sim day recently? :)

My maid is stealing my tea makers and coffee makers in one visit.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    Really? That's interesting because someone else had reported the same thing yesterday. And we were all trying to figure out why would they steal those in the first place. The maids in the game must really love their coffee & tea. :D
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    Really? That's interesting because someone else had reported the same thing yesterday. And we were all trying to figure out why would they steal those in the first place. The maids in the game must really love their coffee & tea. :D

That was me! Hahahaha
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options

That was me! Hahahaha
    My memory on who had posted that yesterday had dropped out on that. So I couldn't remember who it was. ;)

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Klepto sims? where there's a will there's a way.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquare wrote: »
    With maids stealing the coffee makers & tea brewers in the game. This would certainly fit that phrase! ;)

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    With maids stealing the coffee makers & tea brewers in the game. This would certainly fit that phrase! ;)

You just have to hope any kind of generations pack doesn't include the ability to write a will; otherwise if the desceased has klepto relatives...
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    edited June 2016

You just have to hope any kind of generations pack doesn't include the ability to write a will; otherwise if the desceased has klepto relatives...
    There's nothing wrong if a whole new generation of burglars! B)

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

That's been there before the klepto trait was added!! :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member

Apparently the maid is not stealing them, but instead is tossing them for having spoiled coffee/tea in them. Try making sure your makers are empty before the maid arrives, and see what happens.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

Apparently the maid is not stealing them, but instead is tossing them for having spoiled coffee/tea in them. Try making sure your makers are empty before the maid arrives, and see what happens.

Sometimes it happens when my sim has a party. I guess the guests just got annoyed with the disgusting tea in the brewer and was like, "NOPE." XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    There's a cool down after stealing. I'm pretty sure it's been there since we got the trait. You either get an embarrassed moodlet for getting caught or a happy (or energized?) one for success. They last 8 hours, I think which means stealing a maximum of 3 things per day. You can do it at any time, but certain things can't be stolen and you get caught if spotted.
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    the cooldowntime depends on the value of the stolen object. hover ober the moodlet and youll see when you can steal again.
    simming on through.
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    you should be able to steal more once you have a higher mischief skill. That would be more fair.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    you should be able to steal more once you have a higher mischief skill. That would be more fair.

thats the way it is. when youre starting out with a low mischief skill you can only steal little things. once you level up you can steal more expensive items. with maxed mischieflevel you can swipe the ghostwriter-pc- 13k simoleos in one swipe!

and depending on the value of the item you steal, there will be a cooldowntime. i think it varies between 2 and 8 hours. hover over the energized moodlet to see for how long.
    simming on through.