Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need to bring a sim back to life...

My sim married Jacques Villareal. They woohoo'd and he died before she could have a baby with him.

I've never brought a sim back from the dead and I've never played ghosts, so what is the fastest, best way to get Jacques back to his old sim self again, so we can make a baby?

His tombstone is on the lot, but I have yet to see his ghost.

I'm not keen on the recipe (the name is escaping me at the moment), cause I don't want to spend that much of her life gathering all the ingredients. Is there a fast way of doing this? Even cheating would work for me, as this is just a game for fun for me and not a challenge.

I have all EP's, GP's, SP's, and the MC Command Mod.
p8L4V6v.png

Comments

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited June 2016
    You could try having him wish for life using the wishing well. Just be sure to bribe it real good. ;)

EDIT: Be sure to make Jacques a playable ghost first.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Clicking on his tombstone should give you the summon ghost option, if you enable testing cheats ("testingcheats on") you can shift+click on him and select add to family. At that point you can use the wishing well, and there is a recipe I believe that can also resurrect your ghost sim.

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I called forth his ghost, entered the cheat and added him to the family, went to the wishing well, paid the $5000 and made a wish and it still wasn't granted...

Though I'm glad it's wasn't.

Apparently, if you get life from the wishing well, you make a deal with Grimmy and can't be killed from anything but natural causes. I intended to send Jacques back to the ghost realm after getting pregnant. Though, maybe keeping him around wouldn't be the worst idea. He could help with the kid.

But can you not change him to sim instead of ghost in CAS, like you could in Sims 3?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Nope, can't change between sim and ghost in CAS
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited June 2016
    According to what I've read, it's only supposed to cost a single Simoleon to change a ghost back to a Sim at the Whispering Wishing Well. I'm only playing with a ghost for the first time EVER, since I didn't wish for my dead Founder to be culled. But, it does have its advantages. If something breaks, I have him to the fixing. Can't kill a dead Sim, right?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Wait for his ghost, should take a few sim days.. Input testingcheats true.. Shift cluck then press had to family.. Click on his ui and see what his ghost trait is (deathby____) then input traits.remove_trait (ghost trait) and boom he's human..or just use the wishing well
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Wouldnt it be nice if they bring this with supernaturals? Or was that already excisting? I never play unrealistic, so i dont know but i can understand that everyone has this desire.

Maybe an option where you could call a witch who can 'try' to bring back a loved one who died a long time ago. Ofcourse you can pay and amount of money, less, medium or high. If you have the skills yourself, you could do it yourself, but i think this would be a nice and useful feature.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Okay, I found a way around having a kid with him and turning him human. And, it's something I can fit into the story.

He's a ghost, in the household, I had my sim, Thalia, adopt a baby, went into CAS and changed Jacques to the Dad (viola, tied to the family tree)...

So....

How do you get rid of a ghost? I don't want to full on delete him, but can I return him to the nether world? You can't kill a ghost, right?
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Build a mausoleum on a small lot and move him there. Eventually he will find his own friends and won't be around so much anymore.
  • Options
    Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    edited June 2016
    yeah, if he's playable, just move him out.. or use the recipe ambrosia to bring him back to life and move him out. Book of life works too

@ChelleJo
    releasing to nether gets rid of ghost
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • Options
    RainCloudFairyRainCloudFairy Posts: 4 New Member
    hey is anyone here having a hard time getting a sim you brought back from the dead pregnant? The option isn't popping up for me. should i just wait it out or is this a fixable issue?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @RainCloudFairy I guess this is not even possible :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Clicking on his tombstone should give you the summon ghost option

Sometimes this option is there, and sometimes not. Does it depend on relationship status or something else?
  • Options
    darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    The wishing well could bring the ghost back to life (if you save before the wish you can reload until they get brought back to life)....and then you can kill him then :smiley:
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    edited July 2019
    When I had my sim wish for life it failed every time. However, after several wishes it did give me all of the ingredients needed to make ambrosia.

Edit: didn't realize the age of this post. Sorry!