Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited October 2016
    gdo u have wordpress? or blog guys .... uh welcome btw .nice to meet you! im jojo xxx
  • Options
    Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    Hi, Jojo! ^.^ Nice to meet you.
    I've actually been wanting to read your Fine Lines story. It looks wonderful. :heart:

I have Wordpress. I can try to help you out, WiggleyTuff but to be honest, I am horrible at describing things. :lol:
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I want to reply to everyone new and I will, but first, I've got a new I&S post out today (my spinoff) for Kass's story.
    Lucky Palms, Episode 14, Fix
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi @Niemalyn97 you're welcome. I can just imagine all the animals you have. Sounds like fun! What made you decide on accounting if you don't mind me asking?

I checked out your story. Khione is a beautiful Sim. I love how you're ambitious and tackling more than just a straightforward legacy challenge. I do that too in my Colt Family Traitacy (not the story featured here, but another one where each generation features a trait until I'm out of traits). Looking forward to reading your story.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Well a little about me then; my name is Amanda and im 21 years old(believe it or not xD), study to become a nurse and work part time at a nursing home. Whenever i got time off, i play games or think of stories(ideas for one at least). Im quite a perfectionist so I like to have as much background facts as possible for the story I might write in the future. It gives the story some reality for it, even if I create a back story for a character that might not even stand out much but he or she talk in the way the person does because of his or her past. Which makes one simple story very complex in no time haha but its fun.

Anyways I guess I'm a mix of Harry Potter and Game of Thrones when it comes to writing. I like the easy way to get into a story and how likeable some characters are while I also like to throw in some backstabs, very (un)necessary kills and so on. Its fun to keep your readers on their toes haha.

At the moment I'm planning a story based on the YOTO challenge that Cathy Tea created, ill probably start posting something about it by next week if I manage to get my wordpress to work. I got no patience with things who refuse to work with me and decides to work against me, that's a no no in my life hah. Then I also work on a story based off The Amazon Challenge but since I wa sucha greek mythology geek as a kid, I just HAVE to read more about amazons before I actually do the story so who knows when thatll be out. I also work on a love story thatll sorta based off the Ambrosia Challenge(almost a hint of what might happen o.o) except I'm not bringing in the generation thing into it, at least not now in my plans. Ill prob change my mind like 1million times though. And that story will also take time before ill post it since there are a lot of background stories to create.

If youre interested about something then just ask me or maybe maybe youre a god at WordPress(or goddess, I'm not that picky if I may say so myself) then id really appreciate your help.

Hi @WiggleyTuff /Amanda, and welcome! I can be a bit of a perfectionist too and I'm always thinking up ideas and I go totally overboard with backgrounds. I totally gobble up rich histories and backgrounds for characters and my favorite question is to ask why a character is the way they are. I like to throw curveballs of my own in my stories. You will fit well in our circle.

I don't know if I'm a WordPress goddess, but I've used WP for years. What questions do you have or what things do you need help with?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Ah, so much to read! I love it. :heart: Alright, what to get started on first...

@AdamsEve1231 They certainly keep my life busy! Especially in the spring, but I love it. And I chose to do accounting because I got stuck with it back in high school and ended up realizing that I was really good at it and actually kind of enjoyed it. Although I want to run some kind of farm, I figured accounting can be done as freelance work so I can make my own hours and it would help me out with my business's finances. :smiley: Plus it's all about organizing, which I love.

Thanks! She was the first Sim I created and after her, I just got lazy and haven't tried hard on anyone else. :lol: Traitacy? I might have to add that to my list. It sounds cool. If I get time, I might have to add that to my writing list, too.
  • Options
    @Niemalyn97 - Yeah its a lot to take in now... its nearing 50 chapters. Though last night a person on my wordpress read the whole thing in 2 hours. I don't even think i could have read it that quick!!!
    Not everyone's cup of tea. some people enjoy legacies ... Mine is a plot driven story (not legacy based at all)
    The link to my wordpress is in my signature, feel free to add me and read :)

I binge read A LOT!!! But between contests, and writing, picture taking ... I no longer read novels and read bits and pieces of peoples stories, one sotry at a time though i have read all of @Simcraft81 (because they were lovely and short to read) and I am still reading Lizzies story couple chapters at a time! @Eowyn's story is a quick and easy read too ... so I am up to date :) and i have fiished @JLBDreamer's wildhearts. One day JUST one day i may get to finish your story @AdamsEve1231 - but she's such a quick updater i cannot keep up lol.

Will bookmark your stories ASAP :)
  • Options
    @xJojox Two hours?! Goodness... I feel like I would get distracted by something else long before that. :lol:

Thanks for the lengths! That helps me know which story to start first since I do want to be caught up on everything. So @JLBDreamer's story first!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @xJojox and @Niemalyn97 Yes I have long stories. KCLKF is the first (completed) part. KFLL is the second (unfinished) part. I&S is in process right now and takes place between KCLKF and KFLL. The story follows Kassiopeia Fullbright, and is a long-term series, not a legacy either.

I binge read @JLBDreamer's Vampiracy. I'm caught up on @Eowyn's Dear Bully story. I've also read all of @Simcraft81's short stories, which is the ones we're discussing in these two weeks, and I'm enjoying gaining new perspective in our discussions, Simcraft. I am behind on @xJojox's Fine Lines, mostly because I read it like I drink a glass of fine wine. Slow sips at a time because they're so good and addicting but I need the down time in between to savor the taste. :smiley:

Everyone's stories are good and I love them all for different reasons.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Will this is OUR reading circle and were always talking about each others stories... and we have question weeks about our stories too and character wins and stuff like that ... and I felt like i couldn't really join in when I hadn't kept on track with reading them :)

So yeah slowly i was getting though them apart from the ones who fell from the group.
    I read JLBdreamers story in about 3 days on and off :) Easy to follow. Plot driven story ...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @Simcraft81 I want to ask you a question about your Simself in SimStory. First, does the Simself narrator have a name? Second, how did the narrator decide he wanted to be the best at everything? Is that his lifetime wish?

Edit: Oh and I wanted to ask... what's a pet invasion? The narrator mentions it in this chapter.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @xJojox Like I said earlier today, feel free to just focus on the ones we're discussing, and catch up on the others at your own pace. No rush. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I will never catch up on Kass's story (im sure of it), when i go look at it at least twice a week its already got the amount of chapters again on what i just read! LOL.
    I pumped out 50 chapters of fine lines since AUGUST... lol. i need to slow down too ...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Currently 284 pages (127,500 words!) and its only 1/4 way of 200 chapters!) I read on google that the average length of a novel is 100,00 words to 120,000 words. Soooo technically i'm on novel 2 LOL
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    xJojox wrote: »
    I will never catch up on Kass's story (im sure of it), when i go look at it at least twice a week its already got the amount of chapters again on what i just read! LOL.
    I pumped out 50 chapters of fine lines since AUGUST... lol. i need to slow down too ...

@xJojox Lol... I'm taking time off KFLL to work on FRWL and LFL and a few other things. It's growing exponentially. My mind never shuts off, and I swear I'm always coming up with ideas.
    Currently 284 pages (127,500 words!) and its only 1/4 way of 200 chapters!)

Woot! Congrats! That's exciting!

Correct me if I'm wrong. Is your story is a remake of a previous version of Fine Lines? Or it's an expanded version of a story?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    It is a remake of a sims 2 story i did back in 2006-2008 :)
    I missed my characters ALOT. It was very popular back in them days because not as many people wrote stories or legacies.
    It had a massive following because i had my own site for it in the end because it ended up getting me banned off the MTS2 community threads!
    Maybe quite raunchy for a PG forum! That's why i moved it to wordpress ... and keep the PG version here.

But yeah ... the remake has changed dramatically. I've cut chunks out of it, written more than 20 chapters than didn't exist in the original lot and extended some of the chapters i did by up to 3 pages. Basically I'm in chapter 50 and the original edit is in the 60's. It's almost completely changed now, and I only use the other original edit as a reference to how the original plot went. I don't use any of the writing. Because I like my writing now, as opposed to 10 years ago. The character building was weak and the emotions were not put across the way i wanted them to.
    VQsSVTw.png
    FINE LINES (SIMS 2) Main Characters Back then Justin And Abby ..

JUSTIN AND ABBY NOW

mjk21ns.png
    PHVXvvN.png
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    edited October 2016
    Good to have you, @WiggleyTuff and @Niemalyn97. Circle, thanks for the kind words about my stories. I'm interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on 'Sim Story.' @AdamsEve1231 Ive been thinking about a name for my simself but since it's me you can call him simcraft or simself lol it will pop up in a story some time. I got the idea of my simself wanting to be the best from playing TS1 and TS3 trying to improve my sim's skills so he could get promoted quicker lol I got him an expresso machine and focused on his job performance. It was also inspired by anyone who wants to make changes in their life or getting their lives back on track. The 'pet invasion' is kind of funny lol. I was playing 'TS1: Unleashed' and these random cats and dogs walked in my house leaving little 'gifts' on the floor back then it was frustrating but I can look back on it and laugh now...
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    Jojo, I really cannot wait to read your story. It must be wonderful to have it be years later, and still have people that love your characters! And they are gorgeous sims.

@Simcraft81 Thanks for the welcome. :smile: I'm getting around to reading all of your stories right now, actually. And I never played anything before Sims 3, but the idea of a pet invasion is quite silly. XD
  • Options
    @Niemalyn97 Thank you for taking the time :) they're short but I've put a lot of thought into them and I appreciate anyone who reads them and gives feedback!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Just some poster art.
    poster%2B-%2BCopy.jpg
  • Options
    @Simcraft81 The pet invasion made me laugh! :) I've been going by Lizzie online since middle school so it's my Simself's name. Other people in my Simself's stories are alternative versions with name changes and enough details changed to protect their privacy. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It is a remake of a sims 2 story i did back in 2006-2008 :)
    I missed my characters ALOT. It was very popular back in them days because not as many people wrote stories or legacies.
    It had a massive following because i had my own site for it in the end because it ended up getting me banned off the MTS2 community threads!
    Maybe quite raunchy for a PG forum! That's why i moved it to wordpress ... and keep the PG version here.

But yeah ... the remake has changed dramatically. I've cut chunks out of it, written more than 20 chapters than didn't exist in the original lot and extended some of the chapters i did by up to 3 pages. Basically I'm in chapter 50 and the original edit is in the 60's. It's almost completely changed now, and I only use the other original edit as a reference to how the original plot went. I don't use any of the writing. Because I like my writing now, as opposed to 10 years ago. The character building was weak and the emotions were not put across the way i wanted them to.
    VQsSVTw.png
    FINE LINES (SIMS 2) Main Characters Back then Justin And Abby ..

JUSTIN AND ABBY NOW

mjk21ns.png
    PHVXvvN.png

@xJojox I love your story and I think it's fantastic that you did a remake. It's fun to update and edit things I bet. I've done that with non-Sims stories. I echo @Niemalyn97, your Sims are gorgeous! Opps... posted before finished. I can't wait to read more. I'm doing so this weekend. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Lol! @AdamsEve1231, I didn't even own these animals yet they had the freedom to just walk right in smh lol! The door just opened up for them!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    'Sim Story' Trivia
    From 'Sim Story': 'I really need to pick up a book on time travel. Maybe I could get a good discount.'

From 'Sunset Valley's Most Wanted' Chapter 2: 'There was a reclusive and sometimes bitter side to Claire. Bella and I saw her at the bookstore and seemed like she was all business. I was going to speak but just figured she wanted to be left alone. I think Bella wanted to speak as well but I could tell she was a little intimidated.'

Bella was with her new 'Friend' looking for books on time travel :)
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Thank you! I'm not pleased with how the boys look, but I was learning on them. :lol: Hopefully they will look better in the future.

@Simcraft81 I finished reading through all of your short stories. I liked them! And they're all kind of tied together, right?