Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Kingdom to last the Ages

Quick note, this is a challenge story, namely a mashup of Royal Kingdom Challenge and Royal family Legacy Challenge. The latter is what I'm basing the storylines for each of the 5 planned generations (although depending on reception I might do the full 10. So don't read the rules if you don't want to be (slightly) spoiled. Also this is my first story, so constructive criticisms appreciated.

Once upon a time, a horrible disease ravished the land and thousands of people died. (Isn't that a fun way to start a story.) A young prince, who only recently came of age, was given a small part on the edge of the kingdom by his father, far from the disease stricken land. With him he took those few who had survived the disease, and started a new life. This land had four towns in it, Oasis Springs, Willow Creek, Windenburg and a large chunk of unoccupied land named Newcrest.

The prince, who's name was Richard Crown (gee, I wonder how he got that unrelated last name) chose Newcrest to be the capitol, thinking it symbolic to build on a new surface, just as this kingdom was at its beginnings as well. Work on the most important building ( the nearest Tim Hortons) the castle was set to immediately, on the largest chunk of land. It was a long time coming , and it cost a fortune, but it was finished before the year was over. (And fortunately, the prince had a few fortunes to spare.).

DmChid.png

Only a few days after completion, the Prince sat in his new office, on his computer ( one of the few modern things he would allow in his castle) when he received an email. The nearby king of a land called Rosendale, wished to show goodwill to this new kingdom, christened Sinnoh, and would happily send an ambassador over to talk of trade agreements, once there was an official king. A common rule in the lands was that you could only be crowned king if you were engaged or married to a woman eligible to have a heir. The email went on, saying that one of his younger daughters recently came of age, and would be happy to have her be arranged to him. Her name was Anastasia Snow, and her beauty was renowned.

This was a good deal, a trade partner and a wife for him to ascend. It was an easy decision to agree too politically ( and the fact that she was stunning helped too). He told his only current staff, a maid, to prepare the heir's room for a guest.

Anastasia arrived within a week, wearing the latest in custom contents (something only the rich could afford). Richard came to greet her outside, and the two began to talk, hitting it off almost instantly.

kwyFVq.png

He showed her around the castle, before excusing himself to finish some business reports. Anastasia found her way back to the balcony with the easel, and began to paint. Her mother always said a proper lady always had to have a skill in the arts.

8gbwDO.png

A few hours later, the only nobles to come with the prince (who heavily disliked the rest at home) came knocking at the grand doors of the palace. General Elijah and his wife,Lady Isabella, along with their servant/groundskeeper Jacob lived in the area and came immediately when Richard said his wife to be had arrived. Elijah was the commander of the kingdoms army ( a very small army at the moment). Richard greeted the three at the door, and as soon as Isabella and Anastasia began to talk, they became friends almost immediately. (Which is a good thing, because they make up half of the Royal Court of Sinnoh.)

aitfgT.png

SRTEbi.png

And the poor maid and only staff at the castle ( who's name I am blanking on) rushed to make satisfying food for the guests she had no idea were coming as fast as possible.

Xpy1P2.png

Which came out quite well, as the nobles sat down to eat. Discussion turned to the marriage ceremony.

"Do you have a date planned?" inquired Isabella, setting her fork in her bowl of fruit salad.

Anastasia and Richard shared a glance. They had not had a lot of time to talk about this. "Well," began Richard hesitantly, " we were thinking either Friday or Saturday of next week."

Elijah raised an eyebrow. "So soon? Don't you need more time to plan?" he questioned. It was normal in the kingdoms for nobles and royalty to marry fast for political reasons, and get to know there spouses after the ceremony or even until there was no question about the heir to the fathers position. But a marriage for the heir to the throne was a very large deal, and quite a lot of thought and planning usually went into the occasion. It often took months from either the announcement of engagement or the coming of age for a wedding of that grandeur to happen.

"Time is a luxury we really don't have at the moment. Sinnoh is a very new kingdom, and if we wait too long to wed, it gives the kingdoms around us the idea that we will be easy to invade and conquer. Besides, a trade and alliance agreement was offered in Rosendale as soon as Princess Anastasia and I are married, so the sooner we get the ambassadors over here, the better" explained Richard.

"If you must." was Elijah's response.

"If may," stepped in Isabella, "I might be able to offer my assistance in planning on the event side of things, as well as Jacob's. You'de get everything done faster, seeing as you are short-staffed at the moment." Anastasia blinked a few times at the bluntness of the Lady Noble, normally saying that the castle was run anything but pristine was considered a social faux paus ( and the route advised if you had unstable royalty and appreciated you head on your neck).

"The help would be appreciated." Anastasia replied.

"Good, I will be back in a few days once I do some research." said Isabella, before returning to her fruit salad.

JonhWe.png

Once the meal was over, the nobles bid farewell, and the rest of the evening was spent quietly.

The next morning, Prince Richard and Princess Isabella awoke at the same time to breakfast, and spent the meal talking. During the conversation, the prince got an idea in his head. He mulled it over for a few minutes, before deciding to it.

"I'd like to get to know you better before our wedding, Anastasia." started Richard.

"Is that not what we are already doing?" asked Anastasia.

"Not quite, I mean on a more romantic level."

Anastasia cheeks went pink. "Oh." was all she said.

"What would you say on a proper date, tonight, after I come home from matters of the state?" he questioned.

She quickly nodded her head. "Yes, I would like that very much."

He smiled."Good." Looking at his watch, he stood up. "I'm afraid I must head out now." Acting on an impulse, he leaned down and kissed her hand. (oooh its getting romantic!!!!) "Farewell, Princess Anastasia." he said to her, before leaving the grand hall.

Anastasia's cheeks were very red by this point.

ccmgbb.png

The mornings conversation lingered in Anastasia's mind throughout the rest of the day, even accidentally working it's way into one of her paintings.

GxXMJY.png

Painting out on the balcony was actually quite relaxing. There was just the right amount of sunlight and breeze, adding a peaceful like bliss around her. The maid ( who is currently still nameless, she'll have a name by the next part I swear) sat out with her, in case she needed anything, with a book, learning the rather unladylike skill of handiness. But it was necessary, seeing as there was only her. And that was how most of the day was spent, until Richard came back.

iQtgyV.png

Upon his arrival, Anastasia went out to greet him, where he presented her a rose.

"For you, my lady." he held it out for her, which she took gingerly.

"Thank you, Richard. It is beautiful." she said quietly.

"Not as beautiful as you." he grinned, having come up with that on the spot.

Anastasia smiled and bit back a laugh. That was so cheesy, but kind of adorable.

"Shall we go?" He held out his arm for her.

"We shall."

YGPO1z.png

Neither of them were feeling all that hungry, so they opted to go to a quaint little cafe (called Bucks-Star). IT was a small, cozy environment, and they chose the back table, giving them some illusion of privacy. From this point forward, Prince Richard attempted to woo her with every cheezy line in the book, which surprisingly went over quite well with Anastasia. Although it was hard not to laugh at points, both at what he was saying and the faces he was making as he said them. But it all went for the greater good in the end, when he managed to snag a kiss from her.

cq7n7J.png
2zucIt.png
exSKDj.png
5e5MZ9.png

So those were our two days with the royal family! Next post will be with our nobles, then our merchants, and then our peasants. See you next time!

Comments

• Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    "Anastasia arrived within a week, wearing the latest in custom contents (something only the rich could afford)." LOL! :lol::heart:
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif