Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GAME UK - Just £11.25 Right Now!

A heads up those of you in the UK; Game online currently have Dine Out at £11.25. I was going to hold off on my purchase but at that price I simply had to get it now!
tFU6JMe.png

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Kind of irritating of them to do this when a lot of us just paid £14.99 like 4 days ago.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Also, Bundle Pack 3 which includes dine out is reduced as well.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    .....ookay, rather annoyed now as I bought it from GAME for £14.99, that's a right **** move from them, really is. Reduction in price is fine after a certain time, not a few days after release.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yeah, I bought my copy of Dine Out from Game at £14.99. Le sigh. I guess that's the way it goes.
  • Options
    Yeah, I bought my copy of Dine Out from Game at £14.99. Le sigh. I guess that's the way it goes.

I'm going to contact them tomorrow (too late tonight) see if I can get a partial refund as I paid with a Gift card. Normally I wouldn't bother but given how short a time it's been, I'm annoyed lol
  • Options
    killermario16killermario16 Posts: 86 Member
    I paid at that price and do not get why they made it cheaper just days after it brought out. Kinda wrong off them to do that!
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Working in retail I know that it's not legal to advertise something as a reduced price for longer than it was sold for at the original price. Ie, you can't sell something and advertise it as half price for six days if you only sold it at full price for five days; once you hit the sixth day you either put the price back up OR remove the wording to state that the price is reduced. It's fine if you're advertising that it's cheaper than the RRP but in this case they're not; so, if it's at £11.25 for longer than it was sold at £14.99 you will certainly have grounds to complain; however, I don't know WHEN the price was reduced.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    Right, all I can say to people who shop at GAME is this - DO NOT buy any digital content from them on day of release or soon after. I wouldn't have, just I had a gift card from a trade in so..yeah that was a mistake, should've known better from past experiences.
    The concept of 'goodwill' is lost on GAME, all they do is quote 'terms and conditions' - not a company for it's customer relations, walls up right off the bat.
    I still don't think it is right to be able to sell a new release at a reduced price mere days after it's release. That really doesn't sit right, not with a new release.