Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stars are great but...

StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
Edit: Please see last comment. I didn't feel like making another thread.

My sim currently owns a restaurant on a 30x20 lot. Since he's started he has changed restaurants several times on the same lot with the same staff. So far I've just been messing around checking out the Maxis made restaurants but now I want him to start the actual restaurant that he's going to run in my story. I found the perfect one. Unfortunately it's 30x30. If he buys that it makes him hire different staff. If he sells the old restaurant it doesn't show the old staff as an option to hire for the new restaurant.

Is there any possible way that he can take over this bigger restaurant and still keep them? They are all trained to the top of their skills! :'(
Post edited by StormyDayz on

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    If you fire them from the first restaurant, they should be available to hire again
  • Options
    I'll test it out. I keep trying new things and exiting without saving.
  • Options
    If you fire them from the first restaurant, they should be available to hire again

It didn't work. He fired the 2 chefs but it just showed inexperienced townies when I tried to hire them back for the other restaurant. Not only that but it gave him an almost full red relationship bar with them too. Any other ideas?
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    If they were trained by your Sim (paid for their lessons) I imagine they reset after they're let go.

What I noticed, and this was mainly with the retail in GTW but it might carry over to Dine-Out, was every day or every couple of in-game days the people you're allowed to hire changes.

So, if you aren't seeing the ones you like you can check back every few in-game days. I general checked a couple times a day while she's on the lot. After I fired a friend to relocate my store I was able to find my friend and rehire her again- it took a bit of time to find her but she did pop back up as an option.

But in the mean time, you should definitely try to get your staff's relationship back up. I'm not sure if they'll decline if they don't like you but it can't hurt to try to bring the red back down while you wait to rehire them.

They also have to be unemployed or you won't be able to hire them. So if they happen to pick up a job from somewhere else you may need to go into their family and make them quit. I had to do that as well. You can simply ask them in a conversation about their career so you don't have to go into their family if you don't have to.

I hope this helps! Good luck~ :3
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice but I ended up just getting another restaurant that fit on the lot that the old one was on. I was able to keep the staff (relationships intact) and the 5 star rating. I went through all of that because I really really liked the other restaurant but I'll just use it in another save. A bit disappointing but I didn't see an alternative since the restaurant itself is only background in the story.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    edited June 2016
    Well, at least you got it sorted out and you know things for next time ^_^

Also, if you'd like I'd be more than happy to build you a restaurant for your story, if you're not a fan of building xD I wouldn't mind at all!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    @ByondTime89 It took me forever to fix the new restaurant up like I wanted it so I'll have to decline for now but I'm going to start following you on the gallery. Thanks for the offer!
  • Options
    Okay I have another question and I can't find the answer anywhere. I really don't feel like making a new thread for every question I have so I changed this thread to questions and answers and hopefully others will use it too!

Question: Is there a way to turn the stars off over their heads so I can get a screenshot? Headlineeffects off doesn't work.
  • Options
    Please has anyone made a mod or something that will take the stars away from above sims heads so we can screenshot them? Headlineeffects off does nothing.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    The headlineeffects-problem has been mentioned a few times on the forum, hopefully the gurus have noticed so that it will be fixed in the next patch!

As far as your lot size issue, you can use the 30x30 restaurant as an NPC-restaurant,
    or you can buy that one as well and be a restaurant tycoon,
    or (the time-consuming one) you can place the 30x30 restaurant, save each of the rooms in that build and rebuild room for room on your 30x20 lot :smile: Just some alternatives to your tricky situation!
  • Options
    The headlineeffects-problem has been mentioned a few times on the forum, hopefully the gurus have noticed so that it will be fixed in the next patch!

Really? I've searched and found nobody else mentioning it which is very upsetting. I have several different stories on my blog and one in particular I needed to screenshot the family without stars. If you want to read about how messed up things got when I tried using another household here's the post I wrote about it:

Dining Out with Kristof Part 2

As to the lot size issue I ended up finding another restaurant that was kind of cool looking but not as cool as the other one. It took forever to get everything set up in that one and when I was done I realized that all of the perk points were gone! *sigh* I keep seeing one person after another gushing about how great Dining Out is and I feel like I've had nothing but problems.
  • Options
    illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Haha, you poor thing - I can see from your website that storytelling really isn't easy with Dine Out! Had to laugh when I read about the .. incident .. with Kyler by the table :D Great looking restaurant though! Cool idea with using the floor glitter for extra flare :smile:
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 Haha, you poor thing - I can see from your website that storytelling really isn't easy with Dine Out! Had to laugh when I read about the .. incident .. with Kyler by the table :D Great looking restaurant though! Cool idea with using the floor glitter for extra flare :smile:

It's Modern Elegant Restaurant by KaruDesigns. I had to add a second cooking station and put in a table that seats 8 and a few other things but I didn't change much.

Yea storytelling is not easy unless you're doing it from a restaurant owner's point of view and you don't mind the stars. I have managed to work around the stars for some screenshots of families from other households I hope to use at some point. I figured everyone would have a laugh at my expense over my sims peeing themselves. I really should have screenshotted it but at the time I was too busy screaming at the sims!