Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail and Restaurant Systems and Wishes

I absolutely love the return of the retail system and now that we can also finally have restaurants in the game.

Even though i mostly play with cheats like motherlode, i always love to play with the retail system and sell loads of stuff or even just running a restaurant which is very fun.

It's just a really fun activity that is a really immersive and interesting thing to earn income with and it's just so fun i don't know why.

I love seeing the customers come in and scope out what items there are to buy or customers that come in to be seated and look through the meal and watching the clockwork of the sims work as they all rush around fufilling the needs of their customers wishes Commercially or Food wise.

I however have 2 wants that i wish Retail and Restaurant Systems could have, and i think alot of people have the same ideas.

HOME BUSINESSES
I REALLY want to start a business at home like in the sims 2, you could phone up to start a Business at home as an option apposed to buying a whole new lot in which you must traverse between your home lot and your retail/restaurant lot. And considering in the sims 4 there is a limited number of lots and as we can create more worlds without the developers making one for us, the whole home business system can REALLY help in the longrun.

This is such a big optional feature and was really baffled why it isnt in the game.

Household Sims play as a Restaurant Chef, Waiter or Host
Now, i love that we can own restaurants and it's fun being the owner and everything, but i find it kinda sad we can't fufil the jobs required with the restaurant with our active sims/household, i mean in the retail system you could make it a family business in that you could have a member of the household do the restocking or cleaning while others check up on customers. It would be really fun to allow a sim in our household to builder up their cooking skill by being a chef in which their family owns.

It's just a really big immersive thing to see our sims play out the roles required for their family business and makes it a more personal thing that family and friends of the sims you play can participate in rather than just relying on a stranger sim on doing the work for you when they could most of the time not do their job. it just gives us more control.

Comments

• Options
    kyutopiakyutopia Posts: 1 New Member
    This thread is everything.
  • Options
    altheamcmoorealtheamcmoore Posts: 3 New Member
    I shouldn't have to close my restaurant. there be more than one work shift available. I couldn't even have a 24 Hours by if I wanted to, because the employees get tired and eventually quit. Also I should be able to grow my own food and use it for my restaurant. I should also have additional chefs. And why wouldn't this pack have decorations for the kitchen like a pantry can goods and items like that. Why can't we have the option to use the fish that we catch. Why is it not an option to have a career in restaurants business. The dining out pack should automatically come with these things. They also took a lot of things out over the years. Like Prep SchoolSchool and washers and dryers.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I always wanted a home business, it's a lot fun and cool and thanks to a patch to lock doors, I hope they can code it in.
    and I need a way to make shifts for my employees rather than opening and closing the restaurant every time...
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    SimSaraSimSara Posts: 534 Member
    Yeah I was very bummed about not being able to have my chef sim own the restaurant and cook all the food. I also wish we could hire dishwashers.. they actually show one when you load the game! But yeah, I guess I was hoping this pack would add a lot more career options.. it's like I maxed out the cooking/bartending skills of a few sims and was hoping I could re-play them as owners/chefs and then also be able to hire other playable sims as waitresses.. ect. I want some of my sims to be able to have more dead-end jobs lol. Plus is kind of bothers me that they all work in the same fields.
  • Options
    naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    I want retail and restaurants allowed together on the same lot so like you could sell clothes and have a restaurant and also to be able to independently owned retail stores on the same lot like if you build a mall you should be able to run each store separately or have NPC's run some if you would like
  • Options
    suuismsuuism Posts: 31 Member
    I've seen on some LPs that some simmers get around the no home business by creating a apartment/living area for their sims at the commercial lot and just never leaving. I believe that's how they do it anyway. It would be so much easier if they would change it up with a recent patch so that home business were possible again.