Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cannot sit at a table that is not his/hers

So, Dine out is out, and I decided that it would be a nice idea to rebuild my flower store that has apartment above it, into a restaurant.

All fine and all, but now my Sims cannot sit at their own kitchen table anymore because the table isn't theirs..

So annoying. Why didn't they make it so the table gets claimed when the host assigns a table to the guests instead of just having all tables at the restaurant venue closed off for any Sim except for guests? ...

Comments

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    U know u can just click the table and click request table right?
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    it would be nice to have a "manager table" or "Break table" for staff i ran into the same issue when i made a small office/home for my owner and used a normal table for a computer table she wouldnt use the computer because it wasnt her table. (desks make this possible but i was being cheap)
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Really?? I have the same layout planned for my lot. A home above the restaurant. It's quite concerning that the apartment won't function like a real house! Keep us posted.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    SimmerLove99SimmerLove99 Posts: 34 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Really?? I have the same layout planned for my lot. A home above the restaurant. It's quite concerning that the apartment won't function like a real house! Keep us posted.

It wouldn't function because a restaurant/store is something you buy after you claim your home lot, you would still have to return home to pay bills and use all the features of your phone. Technically you could live there but there would be a lot of flaws since the game wasn't designed for that.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    So, Dine out is out, and I decided that it would be a nice idea to rebuild my flower store that has apartment above it, into a restaurant.

All fine and all, but now my Sims cannot sit at their own kitchen table anymore because the table isn't theirs..

So annoying. Why didn't they make it so the table gets claimed when the host assigns a table to the guests instead of just having all tables at the restaurant venue closed off for any Sim except for guests? ...

Claim the table yourself when you want to use it. Or remove the table altogether and replace with seating at counters (these don't count as restaurant Dining Spots and thus won't be locked out from being used at any time).
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2016

Claim the table yourself when you want to use it. Or remove the table altogether and replace with seating at counters (these don't count as restaurant Dining Spots and thus won't be locked out from being used at any time).

Thanks for the reply, Ninja!

I found out that the only chairs that do work are computer chairs. In fact from what I have seen; there is only one chair that doesn't block off; Joliette Desk Chair.

It's a little bit weird looking though.

Isn't it possible to fix the issue in the future? Since it's a little bit intrusive when it comes to gameplay.

I managed to use some CC recolor chairs and they work fine, so I guess it has something to do with chairs having certain tags or something to it so they function like that?

Thanks!
  • Options

It wouldn't function because a restaurant/store is something you buy after you claim your home lot, you would still have to return home to pay bills and use all the features of your phone. Technically you could live there but there would be a lot of flaws since the game wasn't designed for that.

Not really. You can pay bills by phone at any time. But it has downsides too, like all your Sims going to the home lot when they finished work etc. But that's not really a huge issue since you can bring them to the lot with one click anyway.

It would be awesome to have multi lot functionality in the future though.
  • Options
    Ok so I tested this out. My sims Apartment door is locked to household only and didn't have any problem eating at the kitchen table :/

26925996374_ec47bb580f_b.jpg
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Ok so I tested this out. My sims Apartment door is locked to household only and didn't have any problem eating at the kitchen table :/

That's right, because it's custom content. Only EA content is having the problems. I downloaded some recolors of the Movie Stuff chairs and they work too! :P
  • Options
    Hmm, good note.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Can sims only be seated at EA made tables? I have a table in the game nobody is sitting at and I believe it's cc. Is that why?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Can sims only be seated at EA made tables? I have a table in the game nobody is sitting at and I believe it's cc. Is that why?

Probably yes, because I think *don't quote me on that* EA updated/added some tags/coding or whatever to the dining tables and chairs to make them functioning like that on Restaurant lots. The custom content doesn't have the tags/functions they added to the tables/chairs.

That's also why custom content chairs are working in yuor apartment to dine at your dining table and the in game EA ones do not.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    as it looks this game set up stands in the way people want to play it :grimace:

first questions which popped up already after GTW was announced was if sims live on the business lots & if a business can be made on the home lot
    i imagine it is complicated to program but it is such a basic matter & makes the gameplay so much more fluid

if the devs ever update the business lots to a dwelling status ?

@rudy8292
    thanks for the info about those chairs

i have not even one sim owning a business because of all the issues involved so far & because there is more fake than usefulness to the businesses themselves, in TS3 i didn't have sims owning businesses for the same reasons, in TS2 it's a completely different thing, one of the first things i did in a replay some time ago was a florist shop, it's just pure fun

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member

That's right, because it's custom content. Only EA content is having the problems. I downloaded some recolors of the Movie Stuff chairs and they work too! :P

do the CC chairs work as restaurant/guests chairs then ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options

do the CC chairs work as restaurant/guests chairs then ?

I haven't tested custom content tables and chairs in my restaurant, so I don't know. But from what @DeadFishy mentioned I think once you use custom content tables (I guess she did that) you can't seat Sims on that.

I can say 100% that custom content chairs do work in your appartment without them being blocked off by the ''seating rules'' restaurants have.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I'm going to say CC chairs don't work either. because nobody would sit at the metal stools you see here in the foreground.

edit: Nor did they sit across the alley there in the black metal chairs!!! 🐸🐸🐸🐸

26926001044_e07da5bcd6_b.jpg

Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif