Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 ultimate collection doesn't work on Japanese locale

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
How disappointing.
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    Are you using Japanese locale because you live in Japan or because you have games that require it?
    You should be able to run the game using a locale emulator. I use one to run japanese games on my pc, but I'm pretty sure you can use it to run games that use other locales. :smile:
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    LykkeLeaf wrote: »
    Are you using Japanese locale because you live in Japan or because you have games that require it?
    You should be able to run the game using a locale emulator. I use one to run japanese games on my pc, but I'm pretty sure you can use it to run games that use other locales. :smile:
    I have a few Japanese programs on my computer that require it and unfortunately that makes TS2:UC unable to run.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    https: //xupefei.github.io/ Locale-Emulator/ (remove the spaces)
    You can either set your computer locale in English and use this software to run your japanese programs, or you can keep your locale in japanese and use it to run TS2:UC. I haven't tested it with TS2 so I cannot confirm if it will work with it, but it worked with all my japanese softwares.

If using a third party software isn't an option, I've found this fix. However, it involves editing the registry, therefore I do not recommend it unless you're familiar with that.

Open regedit (Window+R)
    Backup your registry first by going File -> Export and selecting the "All" button
    Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then open SOFTWARE.
    For 32 - Bit CPUs: Find the EA GAMES folder and open The Sims 2. Change the Display Name, Deleting the ™ out.
    For 64- Bit CPUs: Open Wow6432Node. Find the EA GAMES folder and open The Sims 2. Change the Display Name, Deleting the ™ out.
    Before the entry should look like this : The Sims 2™ Ultimate Collection
    After it should say: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection