Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storylines

I'm struggling with a real lack for inspiration atm! Ideas I have I never stick to! What are some of your fun scenarios/storylines for those of us that are lacking creation ❤️
I am the champion, my friend

Comments

• Options
    Jakester4x4Jakester4x4 Posts: 99 Member
    Single parents, roommates, ambitious and sassy detectives, runaway teens, abusive relationships, loners/geeks, the possibilitys are endless so just start creating a sim and let the game take you to that fun story :tongue:
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I like to look into challenges for inspiration, I'm terrible at completing them but some have good story lines.

I recently did the Amazonian challenge which was fun.

I also like to play a history style challenge (ive forgotten the name) start off in the past and work your way to the future kinda deal.

I sometimes get bored of playing happy familys so I try to stir things up a bit. I'm a very faithful person in real life so i kinda find it hard to make/let my sims cheat on eachother. But sometimes I force myself to do it for a bit of variety XD
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Sims_for_lifeSims_for_life Posts: 195 Member
    @LunaNova I recently tried the amazon challenge and in the end it just turned repetitive :( I'm not a huge fan of challenges either x
    I am the champion, my friend
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I Can get like this sometimes. I like challenges as it makes me play differently. I like the Prosperity challenge as you have to roll a dice for each family and you can get some interesting combinations. I can then build their back story based on that.

I also make sure I'm trying different things and not just being repetitive, like making all my sims have the same kind of look for example, same kind of traits.

• Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm trying again. So far the storyline that I have come up with keeps having twist and turns that I have to accommodate. I have a husband and wife. The husbands father lives with them and the wife mother lives with them as well. The husbands father is a bit of a dirt bag. He was messing with a ya female and she is pregnant. He was going to throw her out on the streets when he found out but the son could not allow that and invited them to live with them. The wife mother on the other hand, is busy trying to make sure the household is running right. She wants to save up her money and get her own place. With all the extra drama going on in the house, she also appears to be a bit tense. She helps out with the new baby but is very concerned because the baby's dad is not even bothering to help. It has been entertaining so far. I have no clue where this story will go but it seems to be moving along just fine.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2016
    I've been playing the same family for 10 generations now, and to keep it fresh, I like to let the game throw some curveballs my way and work around them. I also try to make sure the main heir of each gen moves out and does something different with his/her life. MC Command Center also helps out by keeping the world alive and populated by itself.

It started off with a sim who I wanted to be a perfectionist.

1st Gen: Father of twins died via electrocution
    2nd Gen: Had everyone pour their work into making ambrosia to bring their father back to life
    3rd Gen: Heiress met husband via Scientist career; he got abducted by aliens and got pregnant. (GTW came out)
    4th Gen: Human daughter became a musician. Alien sister dedicated her life to being a doctor and learning human anatomy.
    5th Gen: Heir became a cop.
    6th Gen: Heiress got cheated on after becoming pregnant with first husband; Found new love.
    7th Gen: Heiress became successful painter/photographer, retail owner. Got married and had 6 kids.
    8th Gen: Heir became a professional DJ/Tech guru (Get Together came out)
    9th Gen: Heir became a major player and got practically 90% of the women in the world pregnant with his kids.
    8th Gen had a set of twins unexpectedly (I mark all previous gens as unplayed so they do what they want after I move out)
    Parents died while the twins were still children. One of the twins got culled somehow, and the remaining sim was named Miracle. So, I adopted her into my family and she will become a sad writer who writes about her long-lost sister.
    10th Gen: Heiress will open her own restaurant.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2016
    I know what you mean, I often lack inspiration and sometimes wonder how other people get so much fun out of their game. I've tried challenges and am not a big fan. It's a shame that this game lacks toddlers, as I was always a 'large multi-aged family' type of player, which kept things interesting just dealing with them all!

My current game I have made a group of 8 teens (5 gals, 3 lads) and they live in shared accommodation in Windenburg and go to 'university' (high school lol). Two of the gals are twins, but nobody else is related. I decided to only control one sim each day, and keep that sim at home for the day I control them. Everyone else just carries on to 'uni' and does whatever.

I am hoping to become really fond of each of them by spending some quality time with each, and then hopefully follow them into their varied adult lives, some of them with families etc, but keep them in touch with each other as good friends... or maybe some will turn out to be enemies.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited June 2016
    Play elders they are a lot of fun. You play them until they pass and then play different ones.
    I also play a group of monks who live in a monastery and grow their own food and sell it. They also own a store that sells produce. |
    Getting back on the elderly theme, they could have a elder house and children and teens come and visit and the young adults help out.
    Also play some hippies with the same sort of thing as the monastery, only they live in a tent and sell things from there. Then when they get older and settle down they have regular lives with children or some of them continue to be vagabonds and go on with this life with their children.
    Play very wealthy, who had been a hippie in the past, who seems to take in stray children, and teens. (could take in elders for that matter)
    There are some great ideas in this post http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796502/old-and-beautiful-picture-discussion-thread-for-elder-sims#latest
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I like playing with premades. Singles try to find romance, families develop, and Nancy Landgraab is busy destroying everyone's life.
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I like playing with premades. Singles try to find romance, families develop, and Nancy Landgraab is busy destroying everyone's life.

This made me chuckle because I honestly could see that. It sound very interesting tbh :smiley:
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    I've been playing the same family for 10 generations now, and to keep it fresh, I like to let the game throw some curveballs my way and work around them. I also try to make sure the main heir of each gen moves out and does something different with his/her life. MC Command Center also helps out by keeping the world alive and populated by itself.

It started off with a sim who I wanted to be a perfectionist.

1st Gen: Father of twins died via electrocution
    2nd Gen: Had everyone pour their work into making ambrosia to bring their father back to life
    3rd Gen: Heiress met husband via Scientist career; he got abducted by aliens and got pregnant. (GTW came out)
    4th Gen: Human daughter became a musician. Alien sister dedicated her life to being a doctor and learning human anatomy.
    5th Gen: Heir became a cop.
    6th Gen: Heiress got cheated on after becoming pregnant with first husband; Found new love.
    7th Gen: Heiress became successful painter/photographer, retail owner. Got married and had 6 kids.
    8th Gen: Heir became a professional DJ/Tech guru (Get Together came out)
    9th Gen: Heir became a major player and got practically 90% of the women in the world pregnant with his kids.
    8th Gen had a set of twins unexpectedly (I mark all previous gens as unplayed so they do what they want after I move out)
    Parents died while the twins were still children. One of the twins got culled somehow, and the remaining sim was named Miracle. So, I adopted her into my family and she will become a sad writer who writes about her long-lost sister.
    10th Gen: Heiress will open her own restaurant.

that's neat :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Here's what I usually find myself playing:
    Start with one sim, get a job, find a mate to move in+marry, then have a whole bunch of kids. Once your oldest kid(s) is a YA, move them out. I let my sims' day-to-day life be directed by their aspiration and whims, and I also accept every social event that pops up (exception: sim is about to leave for work or have a need failure that I won't be able to fix while they're there). As kids start moving out, I play rotationally (a week for each household). Make those kids have more kids, and try to use as many traits/aspirations as possible. I also use a lot of different careers, lifestyles, and family structures.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hm....

If I'm getting all simmed-out I usually take a game. That is how I work, one game 110% and all of a sudden I need a change of scenery and then it's off to another one of my favorite games and I hang out there for a while. I have a group of games that I rotate between. Sims 4, SWTOR, Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

In the Sims 4 I currently making my own Challenge. I am making new rules and setting new goals while I am playing and recording it so that I can replay it yet again. I didn't find a challenge that was just what I wanted so I decided to make my own :smile: