Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: EP3 giveaway/competition: feedback needed!

LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
So we have no idea what it is or when it will be coming out right? So I thought I'd make it into a kind of game.

Back when get together was released I ran 2 give-aways (one for release day where I gave away 2 copies, one was donated by another simmer. And one on Christmas day!) and i really enjoyed it. It was a fun way to give back to the community I love being part of.

So. My idea for this one is a guessing game!

It will be points based and the person who gets the most points will win the expansion pack.

My rough ideas for the rules goes as follows. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES this is just a rough draft to have feedback given!

A point will be given to anyone who can guess.

-1 point The month of release
-2 point The day of release (the american release date! as other countries usually receive it a few days after)
-3 points The theme of the expansion pack
-5 points for the EXACT name
-1 for new neighbourhood type (beach etc)

These points above can only be earned once, the ones below can be earned multiple times depending on how many guesses are made. This is because we could receive multiple of that kind in a single EP.

-2 points for any major feature (clubs in get together, retail and active jobs in get to work. For instance pets would count as a majour feature in the pets expansion)
-1 points for a new life state/ age (aliens, toddlers fall under this category)
-1 for aspirations, new emotions, traits
-1 for new lot types (spa day had spa, get to work had retail lot)
-1 for new holiday destinations (i debated this as only being one point but in past EP's we have had 3 so you can only guess 3 and have one point per correct guess)

I'm trying to think of what other points i could add. I dont want to add in things like new guesses on hair on furniture because they are very general and anyone could guess we would get new beds but i dont want to get to specific and have people saying they would be futuristic or whatever.

I'd plan to start it after the kids pack launches which I predict would be in late june/july. Then have it running up untill the first peice of information gets released about the new EP. Any submissions after that would not be counted (obviously, that would ruin the guessing game)

The rules:

The rules would be as follows.

Everyone gets one submission.
Post cannot be edited. You get one shot. Spelling mistakes don't matter. Any post edited will not be eligible for the final post so think carefully before you submit your entry.
You can only submit one guess for each of the first 5 points. In the case of multiple guesses for the first points your first guess would be the one you received points for.
Entries can be as vague or as in depth as you like. The more you submit the more chance you stand in earning points and winning!
In the case of a tie names will be put into a random generator and a winner will be chosen.
In the case that NO ONE gets any points are scored everyone gets put into a random generator and someone will be chosen.
If a guess is released in the Thursday patch just before the release as free content and its obviously related to the patch it will be included in your total. Any guesses that may be released in patches before will be considered if they are directly related to the EP but may not be included in the final score.

If anyone has any ideas to improve this, categories to add etc please comment below! I'd really like to run this competition. As I said above it would run until the first bit of confirmed information gets leaked and the winner would receive their code to activate on origin on released day but would be announced when we had all major features etc announced.

I've already drafted up a rough excel document to keep things in order and I am prepared to sift through potentially a butt ton of entries for this because I feel like we always play the guessing game when it comes to EP's and I wanted to spice it up! Anyone is eligible, and anyone can enter!

If anyone is interested in this and wants to be pinged if I do go ahead please comment below and I will @ you when I open the thread!

If anyone wishes to be a helper in this then please drop me a message!

Thanks guys! Happy simming!
tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
//Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
Post edited by LunaNova on

Comments

• Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    edited June 2016
    Prediction Release: September 6th/13th
    Theme: Generations/something family themed
    Name: The Sims 4 Generations
    I don't think there will be a new world :pensive:
    New lot type: school
    Major features: toddlers/preteens/go to school
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    I'm really sorry I edited the day release and added the 13th I didn't read that part of the rules sorry :(
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    What a fun idea. :)
    I'd love to try it!
  • Options
    I'm really sorry I edited the day release and added the 13th I didn't read that part of the rules sorry :(

This isnt the actual contest its just getting peoples opinions on how to improve it! I wont be starting untill the kids SP is released!

@noogster i'll add you to my ping list!
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    Thanks! @LunaNova (I love your signature by the way, what a nice quote!).
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited June 2016
    I love the idea. :)
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    @XopaxPax I'm not actually running the competition yet this is just to see if people are interested and to get peoples ideas on the whole things!

@Noogster thank you! I felt like I wanted to whip up something in honour of the recent patch!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Prediction Release: December 6th
    Theme: Generations
    Name: The Sims 4 Family Values
    New world: Trailer Park Simsville
    New lot type: trailer park and daycare and beach lot
    Major features: daycare, zoo, beach, surfing, skateboarding, biking, sandcastles, whale watching, and other family group activities, toy machine, preteens
    Life State: Monster
    Aspiration: Fulfilling grandparent-ability to pass on knowledge onto the younger generation
    Emotions: Fear, envy, and curiosity
    Traits: Child rearing trait (increased chance of training a little one), Crafting Guru (ability to make crafts and knit faster), and Mother knows best (increased chance of making a favorite dish or picking the correct book for a child).
    Holiday Destination: Beach, can either camp or pick a resort to stay at.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre I'm not taking entries till the official thread! This is just a thread to se if people are interested and to give feedback on improving! The official thread will open after the kids sp pack is released and will run untill we get our first official information on the pack!
  • Options
    LunaNova wrote: »
    @Scobre I'm not taking entries till the official thread! This is just a thread to se if people are interested and to give feedback on improving! The official thread will open after the kids sp pack is released and will run untill we get our first official information on the pack!
    Ah ok. Just thought it was a fun thread. Sorry to share my ideas early. Thanks for letting me know.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre I can add you to the ping list if you like! Its going to be official competition/game kinda things with prizes and all that fun jazz ;p
  • Options
    @Scobre I can add you to the ping list if you like! Its going to be official competition/game kinda things with prizes and all that fun jazz ;p
    Sure why not.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    This sounds like a really fun game! I'd like to give it a shot too when the time comes.
  • Options
    @fullspiral i'll pop you on my pinglist ^.^ I hopeing it will add a bit more excitment between now and the next EP :D
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @fullspiral i'll pop you on my pinglist ^.^ I hopeing it will add a bit more excitment between now and the next EP :D

It's always fun to speculate and imagine. I think your point system is a great idea! It should be a fun and funny thread. I look forward to it!