Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Fabulous 50's EP/SP/GP?

NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
142a42x.png

I liked the idea of an EP or GP surrounding the 1950's era; a.k.a the "fabulous 50's"! I always enjoyed The Sims 1 for console, and was captivated by the peaceful orchestrated music. I really would love for a GP or EP to be released that was a bit of a nod to the 50's and TS1. The game that started it all. :) This thread will probably be a bit photo heavy, but I'll try and link as much as I can so it's not SUPER slow (I have a pretty bad computer, lol!) That'll include clothing, hairstyles and even accessories if anyone has any ideas! o:)

2yv7vr9.png

I'm going to organise it feminine first, followed by possible outfits in certain categories (like everyday, swimwear, sleepwear etc.) and then masculine. Photos will be pairs of two in the links (P1, P2, etc) to ease up on the amount of screenshots in this thread. :) Also, remember this is only for the clothing styles, colours and patterns, and can be either altered or added! Let's get started!

FEMININE ATTIRE
MASCULINE ATTIRE

Feminine Hairstyles
fz0mya.jpg

290vhvl.jpg

Masculine Hairstyles
2yzherk.jpg

2cpe0yx.png

I would really like a very simple neighborhood! Something very fake-looking yet aesthetically pleasing? All I can hear is The Sims 1 Buy Mode! or even Mom yelling at me to fix the TV so she can watch her soaps. I wasn't really a super fan of the ever-popular planters in between the lanes of the roads and some of the trees. To me it makes the towns feel more 'magical' than just a town (like pleasantview or something). I always wanted a cheesy suburban neighborhood with white picket fences and very basic 1950s esque homes (and yes, the photos below are from edward scissohands, lol).

jjsefq.jpg
120rxaa.png

But now what makes it an EP or GP? Usually there's gameplay additions, right? The reason I wasn't sure what to call it was because I really wanted a map to be included into it. I knew a map was big, and thought I could get away with it. I can't forget furniture though. I love the interiors of some 50's homes and would love for there to be old television sets, vintage couches and decor (posted below).
14101hs.jpg
zlzuwl.jpg
fto4xw.jpg

Gameplay wise, I have no idea what could be included.Possibly new types of jukeboxes and record players, maybe even old fashioned cars if cars become a thing? I'd love for this to become some sort of reality, even if it's only a stuff pack so feel free to add your ideas and feedback! :)

Post edited by Noogster on

Comments

• Options
    charcougcharcoug Posts: 265 Member
    Maybe new recipes?
    Where are my toddlers?!

http://i68.tinypic.com/fw297c.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    That's a nice idea @charcoug :) Something like Eggs-in-a-Frame?
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Year that sounds awesome!
    Where are my toddlers?!

• Options
    Just thought that vintage toys would be fun too like Chinese Checkers, the old Barbie, (that hopefully wouldn't just appear in the dollhouse) Hard head soft body toys and trolls!
    Where are my toddlers?!

• Options
    I think another idea I saw, would be to possibly include hair salons into Get to Work.

Maybe even have a community lot with a drive-in...err...walk-in theatre? :p
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    i would loooove this. the hair, fashion, furniture... plus with the right furniture you could make a 50's themed diner now.

and i adore the neighborhood in edward scissorhands, i'd definitely take that cheesy neighborhood and put a weird twist on it like the movie did.. like having the neighborhood filled with supernaturals... yet keeping the bright, cheesy atmosphere.
    13d0166e2afe5d61bfa59c64409d2517.jpg

anyway, great idea! i'd absolutely love a pack like this!
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'd buy a SP about this. Hopefully it'll have more kitchen objects than Cool Kitchen XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    i would loooove this. the hair, fashion, furniture... plus with the right furniture you could make a 50's themed diner now.

and i adore the neighborhood in edward scissorhands, i'd definitely take that cheesy neighborhood and put a weird twist on it like the movie did.. like having the neighborhood filled with supernaturals... yet keeping the bright, cheesy atmosphere.
    13d0166e2afe5d61bfa59c64409d2517.jpg

anyway, great idea! i'd absolutely love a pack like this!

LOL!!!!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    BOY wrote: »

LOL---I'd love a 50's diner! Greaser simmies and poodle skirts galore! I also love the idea of a cheesy neighborhood but with a dark twist.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'd buy a SP about this. Hopefully it'll have more kitchen objects than Cool Kitchen XD

Yay! :p I love 50's kitchen designs. Hopefully one of the Gurus takes a peek at this thread, lol! :)
    Post edited by Noogster on
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I would love this. They should release 80's too eventually. The game lacks different styles.
  • Options
    I would love this. They should release 80's too eventually. The game lacks different styles.

It does when you think about it. In terms of era-specific furniture and clothing. I suppose all in due time though. ;)
  • Options
    FranSimsFranSims Posts: 30 Member
    Employee with a sp.
  • Options
    revlonspamqueensrevlonspamqueens Posts: 79 Member
    This...would be... AMAZING! I love all things 30s/40s/50s and sometimes it bums me out that there aren't more vintage inspired hairstyles and outfits. I would buy this in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @revlonspamqueens Yay! I'm glad you think so! I'd love to make a fan render for it but I still don't know how renders are made :/