Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why not toddlers?

(Here comes another toddlers thread. I feel bad posting this because we are celebrating the new patch but I can't help myself not express this)

Don't hate me for this. This is a suggestion thread (yes. Suggestion. Perfect) and this isn't a hate speech about the update

So First of all, I really like to thank EA, Maxis and The Sims Devs for creating such a "wonderful" addition and history for the sims. I like the idea of it. Especially the gender barriers from clothes and whatsoever. Thank you very much for giving us this. Now we can express ourselves through sims now.

However, I just want to ask instead of doing this thing, Why can't you just work on toddlers? and not this simple addition. I mean you could've add it add it later and just focus on toddlers? Can't y'all see we want toddlers more than this update? If you're not already working on toddlers, That one year of making these simple addition is wasting of time. You could've just focused on toddlers instead of this update that could have been worked later.

Well, thank you. I hope y'all don't hate me about this. Please read it. Again: I'm not hating about the update . Please try to understand my point.
Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2016
    I think this CAS thing is because of the time and resources aspect. It's easier and cheaper to do this change than to create meshes, animations, and play testing an entire life stage (from scratch?)...

P.S. I love the CAS changes, and I'm also waiting for toddlers as well. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited June 2016
    Toddlers would probably take longer than that. But i do wonder why didn't they used that time to make shorter teens. Seriously they adjusted all these clothes, they could definetely have adjusted animations instead.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited June 2016
    If they are making toddlers, wouldn't it be a different team working on them? Regardless, toddlers will take a while because animations, interactions, multitasking, routing, objects, making sure they're compatible with everything toddlers should use...

Didn't pets for ts3 take like...3 years to make? It's not as easy as people probably think it would be.
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    Toddlers would probably take longer than that. But i do wonder why didn't they used that time to make shorter teens. Seriously they adjusted all these clothes, they could definetely have adjusted animations instead.

Well, why would TS2 and TS3 Got toddlers on the launch?
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Because no that's why LOL.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    keyendee wrote: »
    If they are making toddlers, wouldn't it be a different team working on them? Regardless, toddlers will take a while because animations, interactions, multitasking, routing, objects, making sure they're compatible with everything toddlers should use...

Didn't pets for ts3 take like...3 years to make? It's not as easy as people probably think it would be.

Because they worked on them from the very beginning with those two games.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2016
    keyendee wrote: »

Because TS2 and TS3 had them planned from the beginning...?

Wasn't TS4 some failed online or MMO plan? (Thus, no toddlers?)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I believe that they are bringing toddlers to the game because if they can add and change things to this game why not toddlers too? Hopefully they add them soon so that they can bring on seasons next. ;)
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    Just reading the title of this discussion made my head start to throb...
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I agree. I think toddlers should be a priority at this point. People have been begging for them for almost two years and we still haven't heard a peep about them.

So let's say they are working on toddlers right now, everyone is complaining about how bad they want them. So they throw their hands in the air and say FINE here are your toddlers. They did a halfa** job because people just couldn't wait, then people are ticked off because toddlers aren't how they wanted them to be, people are going to be unsatisfied with that, so they are most likely trying to make them the to be the best they can since they didn't include them in the first place. Also they've explained why they can't say anything about future content that isn't ready, it's in another thread that I'm too lazy to go look for.