Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Multiple firefighter profession problems

1) I am experiencing multiple problems in the firefighter profession. My sims' "go to work" icon disappears the instant it should become active. I have to jog him over to the building and lower the roof and manually walk him in.

None of the other firefighters attend work. Ever. I assume they have the same glitch and I would have to walk them in as well.

2) Emergencies disappear the moment my firefighter attempts to respond to them. I have tried walking him to them before responding, but that doesn't help, either.

I have seen other posts with these same problems, but never a solution. I do not use mods or cheats (except placefriezes).
I am in Twinbrook.

Comments

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @igazor I never played twinbrook. Is it common for the firefighter career to not work in that world? Thanks
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2016
    Sounds like the fire station needs to be replaced to me.

I've only ever played one firefighter and, despite all the reports of the career being glitched, it all worked as it should have. Sometimes I did have go to the lot where small fires were rather respond to them right away, sometimes the sims who lived there managed to put the fires out on their own so there was nothing to do, but the larger disasters always worked right. And this did happen to be in Twinbrook.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    It seems that its still the outfit bug. I just have to go to every sim with the firefighter career and give them a non-default outfit everytime they get a promotion. Otherwise my firefighter is the only one who ever shows to work. I'll also try replacing the firehouse. Thanks.