Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a tutorial about making an OMSP?

One of my must-haves with Sims 3 was a shiftable OMSP. I sure wish there was one for Sims 4. I'd be happy to make it myself but I'm not entirely sure how it's done. Clone an end table, add slots that accommodate three sizes, do something with a shader to make it invisible...

That's my guess. Am I close?

And I'm thinking that making a shiftable may not be do-able in the Sims 4. If that's the case, then I'll make some of different sizes -- different from what's already been made, I mean. Odd sizes for odd situations. :smiley:

Thanks in advance!
Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.

Comments

• Options
    zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    I've never made one but I had a lot in Sims 2. Maybe a shelf would be a good starting point as they have the shift written in, add- yes a shader probably like the rugs so it can sit anywhere; no idea about rug shaders they give me headaches. Invisible is not hard just make the texture almost non existent. I would give it a go so I could help you out but I am addicted to slots so I don't use them any more. My advice is reverse engineer one and see if it's possible to make it shiftable by cloning a shelf.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • Options
    ilovescampersilovescampers Posts: 99 Member
    Yeah, I managed to clone an end table and make one preset with a texture and one that was transparent. But when I placed the table and used the transparent preset, I could no longer pick it up or use it or anything. Sims 4 Studio has been updated so maybe I'll try again. I was told that using a rug footprint will make it so the OMSP doesn't interfere with anything the sims does. Ugh, I'll figure it out eventually. I've found someone who will help too, so I'm grateful for that.
    Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.
  • Options
    Hey, zap608. I know it's been awhile, but what do you mean by nonexistent. A tiny sized texture? Still trying to figure this out. I gave up on it for awhile but now I'm trying again. Sigh.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Hey, zap608. I know it's been awhile, but what do you mean by nonexistent. A tiny sized texture? Still trying to figure this out. I gave up on it for awhile but now I'm trying again. Sigh.

Maybe try asking in the forum where gurus help modders?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/technical-discussions
  • Options
    Which forum would that be? Can you provide a link? Sorry to be a pain, but this issue is getting under my skin. Figuring out how to make OMSPs is proving harder than learning to use Blender's incomprehensible interface was. At least I had video tutorials to help with THAT.
  • Options
    Oops, never mind. I saw after my last post that you did provide a link. Just didn't see it before. Thanks for your help!