Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I delete ghosts from my towns?

I have ghosts. I got rid of the aliens by going to edit mode and deleting them but the ghosts are not showing up there. Is there a way to get rid of them?

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2016
    Go to manage worlds. There should be an option in that menu. If there isn't, I'm not really sure how. Its how I delete mine in my game.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I have looked under played and non played households. No ghosts are showing.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited June 2016
    Have you tried "not in world"

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Yes, I have tried not in world and every world separately.
  • Options
    Don't the played household have to know the ghost before they will show up in manage worlds?

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Not sure, I will have my sim introduce himself. He did have to interview a couple of them at his last crime scene so they are in his acquaintance list.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2016
    Move a random sim into the world. Send them to the pub on ghost night, or make them join the active careers that are full of ghosts. Turn on testingcheats. Shift-click on any ghosts you don't want and choose "Add to household". When household is full, go to Manage Households> Split & Merge. Split the ghosts into a separate household. Delete ghost household. Repeat until Ghostbusting is complete.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane I will give that a try. Thanks all.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Oh and remember to turn off aging for the process, because you may need a few days to get into all the active career lots. That is, if you have aging on for anyone other than the active household.
  • Options
    I disabled ghost night so the only ghosts I have in my game are the two in Windenburg. Before I did though I don't know what happened to the ghosts my sim met in the bar, but they did show up as ghosts in relationship tab. When I first got GT I killed all the sims in my world and played a world filled with ghosts, the only ones that showed up in manage worlds where the ones my sim already knew or were the game pre-mades.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Ghost busting accomplished. @GoddessSims How do you disable ghost night?
  • Options
    @suzanna13 It is setting option in the MCCC mod. I also disabled Knight and Bear nights. Kept Alien though because I use the same mod to have my aliens always in there human suits.

modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @EmmaVane what about the family tree culling? Is that fixed.. I'm scared to get rid of family ghost, but there are so many.
  • Options
    @EmmaVane what about the family tree culling? Is that fixed.. I'm scared to get rid of family ghost, but there are so many.

I'm not sure as I haven't deleted any family ghosts. I don't have any to delete.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @ZhaguiSimmer if you are not apposed mods I suggest the MCCC mod. You can set it up to bypass family ghosts so they don't get culled. I have mine set up so that the neighborhood ghosts are cleaned out weekly but my family ghosts remain in the game. (Cleaning neighborhood ghosts do not affect the ones one the estate in Windenburg. At least not in my game.)

For this you will need to download the cleaner and is accessed using ANY computer you have in your game.

Image4_zps1ordomoz.jpg

As for the family tree culling you can set it up so that they don't get culled as well as townies and any other un-played household. This can be done is more than one way. One being bypassing al played households. If you don't play all of the households within you bloodline there as another way. Here is an example of a townie I had created. (Now just because I am using a townie doesn't mean you can't use any household you may play rotationally.) To be able to access this panel you can use either your relationship panel or by clicking on the sims themselves. I am using the example of non active sim. The Sim you are playing has different options.

Right now Ashly has no flags but because she found herself to be a pivotal part to my story she now needs some flags until she is no longer a part of the storyline.

Image1_zpssogpz9ji.jpg
    Image2_zpskaeiucvu.jpg

I gave her never couple so she wouldn't get married or have children until I remove that flag. I gave her ever cull or age for that same reason. I believe it is the population flavor you will have to download. Which gives you far more story progression then what the game does. It don't add more to the family tree then what is in the game. It does however do many things for townies. Marry, have babies, same sex can randomly adopt and move into homes.

Image3_zpsx2f6unmy.jpg

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´