Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Art Commune Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I'd like to see what other adventures are in store for the Goofy Love gang.

Hi, @AshtontoAshton22 ! I didn't know you knew of the Goofy Love gang! Well, their story continued in New World Symphony... and it's funny you mentioned them, for I'm thinking of starting a vampire story in that same world, with that same crew! It'll be the third movement, and I'll have to think of some vampiry musical term for that movement! Maybe Toccata? Or Toccata and Fugue?

In D Minor, of course!
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    Why friends no talk? Did I do bad thing?

i found all these cas things i never knew about. so i'm quiet today also now that my game works i play toddlers they get distracrting.

I haven't tried playing with toddlers yet. Maybe I should do that. What things did you find?
  • Options
    **work, work work** I'm in busy-mode, @MedleyMisty

I've been thinking about the genius-stereotype-Sherlock thing. We just finished watching Season 4 of Sherlock (BBC, Cumberbatch) and this whole trope really ties in with that. When my free-time and my focused thinking align, I'll share thoughts and ideas! :)

*hugs* I know that struggle. Is okay. :)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

i found all these cas things i never knew about. so i'm quiet today also now that my game works i play toddlers they get distracrting.

I haven't tried playing with toddlers yet. Maybe I should do that. What things did you find?

i messed around with faces noses and other stuff i can't remember.
  • Options
    You guys.

I just realized that in a month and a couple of days, it'll be seven years since I finished Valley!!!!

And also I have been writing Sims stories for eleven and a half years.

Wow.

I think when I go back and look at Valley now....you can tell it's early work. But I think it's decent still. I can kind of see why some people thought it got more attention than it should have, though.

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Hey, who did the Skinner Saga?
  • Options

aroseinbloom
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Rosey is active on Twitter these days--so you can probably find her there! (ARoseInBloom Sims)

I've got an idea about who the Vampire will be... and what Sugar, Jaclyn, and Brendon's various roles will be!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited January 2017

I got too many things at once going on. (including writing some more chapters to Part Deux, but that's not the only thing)

Also I'm taking pictures for this little thing I'm doing on Tumblr right now.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    rednenemon wrote: »

I got too many things at once going on. (including writing some more chapters to Part Deux, but that's not the only thing)

so whats one more thing ?
  • Options
    I'd like to see what other adventures are in store for the Goofy Love gang.

Hi, @AshtontoAshton22 ! I didn't know you knew of the Goofy Love gang! Well, their story continued in New World Symphony... and it's funny you mentioned them, for I'm thinking of starting a vampire story in that same world, with that same crew! It'll be the third movement, and I'll have to think of some vampiry musical term for that movement! Maybe Toccata? Or Toccata and Fugue?

In D Minor, of course!

Of course!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    jes saw aydens pen pal entry now she won't stop laughing.
  • Options

You've got to admit it's pretty funny! :)

• Options

can i enter charlie too? i wasn't sure how many i could.
  • Options

i don't have mods right now so hes not like that anymore.
  • Options

You can enter as many as you can handle!

I've got three, and it seems to be working OK!

• Options

You can enter as many as you can handle!

I've got three, and it seems to be working OK!

i have one but i think his bio scares people . lol
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I was distracted by the pen pal thing and... well, all of my stories, really. I have this weird feeling that I'm not getting anything creative done, even though I'm constantly making progress in all of my stories (well, except for the Ambrosia Challenge -one because I'm now mentally frozen about whether to continue it or not despite having chapters already done) and coming up with ideas for my art courses' projects. It's an annoying feeling and I don't really know what to do with it... other than keep working and try to convince myself that I'm doing something. :/ I've also been feeling like my words don't work the way they're supposed to, so I've been mostly quiet here (and even my WordPress-comments have been kind of brief and lackluster because of that).

I've also been waiting for people to talk about the intelligence vs. social competence. I have some thoughts about it but I figured I'd wait 'till I feel I can express myself better.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    FYI, I have been on a writing kick this week, and today especially. I will be releasing short story posts on my Tumblr for the story, Darkness May Dream. I started it awhile ago. For those of you who don't know, DMD is the backstory to the alien vampire race in my SimVerse, my Grim Reaper lore (very,very different from the lovable Tad of @RipuAncestor's stories) and The Secret Identity of Jessica Rossum. I originally had this story (DMD) very much tied to the background of SIJR, but now I've decided to take a slightly different direction. Even so, I wanted to let you all know I'll be releasing about 2 posts a day through Saturday (At this point... there may be more if I keep writing) if you are interested.

If you haven't read anything of this story, you can start here. It's in chronological order on my Tumblr.
    @AdamsEve1231 I just read your Darkness May Dream and it's SOOOO GOOOOOOD! I especially loved the I Dream of a City -chapter, but the whole story is full of beautiful and clever language and the atmosphere is great. And I really like the intriguingly spiteful and haughty yet somehow wistful voice of the narrator. Also it's always a treat to learn more of your well-done, rich lore.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    I found this paper on "Gods Among Men: Asperger's Syndrome and the Gender of Genius".

Which, okay, I don't think I'd ever seen the ableism of a lot of the discourse on autism laid out so well. The author doesn't critique it that way, but when I was reading it I definitely got the feeling of "Ummm, okay, who are all these dudes to talk about what autism is like and to talk about it in such negative terms when they don't have autism and/or aren't close to anyone with autism themselves?"

Actually the whole thing kind of makes me rage against being human. That is a definite theme for me at the moment - not wanting to be human anymore. Because of stuff like this, all these social limitations and expectations and othering and "power over" and people thinking that they can just define other living beings, like that entire essay with its dudes telling autistic people how they are, and telling women how they should be, and it's just like, no, I don't want this any more. I never wanted it, and I lived my life very happily without being aware of it, but then....

The Bad Times really took my innocence about humans, I think. That was the first time I encountered the phenomenon of social control, of people telling you what your own experiences are, of people saying that they know you better than you know yourself even though they've never even talked to you, of people having these "roles" that they will cut you into pieces for not fitting into.

Do you guys see any of this, in your own stories or other stories or just in general with the community and its reactions to writing and art and stuff?

• Options
    JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by JLBDreamer on
  • Options
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Hey guys. So my health has gotten worse and I'll be needing surgery. More details here.

I'll be irregular in writing and being around while I get through this so I don't know if you want to replace me in the group.

Wishes for relief and healing soon ! As far as my vote, I'd feel happy to always keep your space here open for you.

• Options
    JLBDreamer wrote: »
    Hey guys. So my health has gotten worse and I'll be needing surgery. More details here.

I'll be irregular in writing and being around while I get through this so I don't know if you want to replace me in the group.

Wishes for relief and healing soon ! As far as my vote, I'd feel happy to always keep your space here open for you.

What @CathyTea said.