Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Impressed with the packs working together

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I don't think hardly any of us really appreciate just how difficult it is for them to make everything work together.
    One of the not unimportant difficulty aspects being they always have to take into account not every player owns every pack. I don't even understand this "issue". My sim is a scientist (GTW) and joined two clubs (GT). That's blending enough for me, I take it from there. The very same thing goes for Sims 3. Sometimes it's hard for me to understand what people want exactly. As long as expansions don't bother each other everything's fine for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    so how do you think Dine Out is working together with the rest of the game ?

cause i think it's not
    I agree. I don't think it works together with the other packs/base game nearly enough. They could have tied gardening in or fishing with fresh produce producing better meals or cheaper to make (more profit) as the produce was provided for by the owners garden and so therefore reduces outgoings/costs.

Could have tied handiness skill in where ungraded fixtures are appreciated by the customers = reflected in better ratings etc... this list is endless really. Shame it wasn't done.

Great examples. I don't have DO but that would have added so much to the simulation.

I don't know. Maybe they never attempt to imagine an ongoing game that someone might be playing and how people might be trying to play it as an actual simulation, a household that has certain goals and skills that are part of the base game or whatever. It's more like they assume that players have the attention span of a gnat and need to jump around from one mini-game to another. Like if you want a sim to own an run a restaurant, they assume that players will just create a new sim to do it and imagine their life around that activity.

I realize that they appear to be on a limited budget and that the game might be really difficult to code, but that doesn't mean that it's not disappointing when the simulation turns out to be more limited than some of us would like.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    simsace wrote: »
    I've been a vocal critic of Sims 4 for a long time(and still am). It's got a long way to go before being a well rounded game, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see packs working together.

I recently decided to get Get Together and Outdoor Retreat over the weekend during the 30% off sale and I'm pleasantly surprised that the packs will work with each other. Having Get To Work lets you run a coffee shop and have alien nights in bars, or having outdoor retreat causes the occasional bear night.

Maybe it's not some groundbreaking new feature, But it's nice to see expansions and game packs working together, something sims 3 was seriously lacking and I'm not even sure was done in sims 2 or 1. While this doesn't right all of the wrongs with sims 4 it's a nice step in the right direction, and I look forward to seeing how future expansions will work together.

Yes! This was a major annoyance for me with TS3, I'd be really frustrated that packs didn't compliment each other. TS2 was good at this, I remember the Makin' Magic spells included spells for Pets and Superstar. I think having that extra level of detail is so important. It makes me feel happier with a pack if I know I can use it to compliment other features. I hope they continue to do this! Especially with things like the GT clubs, it's great they are adding the extra features! ^__^
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    It was disappointing that there wasn't more integration between packs for TS3, but this was probably due to the assumption that all anyone had was the base game (because in fact that's all that was required), the amount of time, effort, and money that was put into every pack so that the content had breadth as well as some depth, and the fact that content development was switched back and forth between different teams in different areas of the country.

The integration they've added to TS4 is great, but to me it's pretty simplistic and the packs overall seem quite sparse in comparison to what we used to get in each TS3 EP.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I've been a vocal critic of Sims 4 for a long time(and still am). It's got a long way to go before being a well rounded game, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see packs working together.

I recently decided to get Get Together and Outdoor Retreat over the weekend during the 30% off sale and I'm pleasantly surprised that the packs will work with each other. Having Get To Work lets you run a coffee shop and have alien nights in bars, or having outdoor retreat causes the occasional bear night.

Maybe it's not some groundbreaking new feature, But it's nice to see expansions and game packs working together, something sims 3 was seriously lacking and I'm not even sure was done in sims 2 or 1. While this doesn't right all of the wrongs with sims 4 it's a nice step in the right direction, and I look forward to seeing how future expansions will work together.

Yes! This was a major annoyance for me with TS3, I'd be really frustrated that packs didn't compliment each other. TS2 was good at this, I remember the Makin' Magic spells included spells for Pets and Superstar. I think having that extra level of detail is so important. It makes me feel happier with a pack if I know I can use it to compliment other features. I hope they continue to do this! Especially with things like the GT clubs, it's great they are adding the extra features! ^__^
    Sorry, but so far I still don't see Sims 4 doing this any better than Sims 3 did (with the newlyweds wish to travel to WA destinations, the weather stone for Supernaturals and Seasons and the small animals (Pets) that make witches learn magic faster). But maybe you never noticed those features?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Sorry, but so far I still don't see Sims 4 doing this any better than Sims 3 did (with the newlyweds wish to travel to WA destinations, the weather stone for Supernaturals and Seasons and the small animals (Pets) that make witches learn magic faster). But maybe you never noticed those features?

I don't think there is much difference between TS3 and TS4 in terms of pack integration. I think @Cinderellimouse was talking about TS2... I can't comment about TS2 as I seem to be a freak of nature in the fact that I didn't really enjoy TS2 that much.

As I've posted somewhere else, it's really the club feature that integrates everything together in TS4 and surpasses TS3 in that aspect.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

I guess the themed nights that work with the other packs are cool. And GT's group feature working with some of the SP's and GP's.

But TS2 was the one with the most inter EP content as of now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Sorry, but I was agreeing with the OP. If they would like me to explain my comment further I will.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

I don't think there is much difference between TS3 and TS4 in terms of pack integration. I think @Cinderellimouse was talking about TS2... I can't comment about TS2 as I seem to be a freak of nature in the fact that I didn't really enjoy TS2 that much.

As I've posted somewhere else, it's really the club feature that integrates everything together in TS4 and surpasses TS3 in that aspect.
    I don't think so, considering "I hope they continue to do this! Especially with things like the GT clubs, it's great they are adding the extra features!"

Sorry, but I was agreeing with the OP. If they would like me to explain my comment further I will.
    You only respond to OP's in topics? Ok, fair enough ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member

That is good to know. I aways complained about that in Thesims3 forum, i am happy to know they are doing that again.

As you said, Thesims4 has a lot of problems but it take steps in the right direction.
    jr73Y.gif