Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think this is the worst in the franchise.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SimFan298 Oh I never said that TS4 was terrible, I think I gave it a very generous 30/100 points when I tried the free trial which was quite nice coming from me.

You see I always give credit where credit is due and TS4 does have some good points but I simply decided that it is at the moment not the game for me :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BookworkgirlBookworkgirl Posts: 129 Member
    At least we can still play sim 3 because it has everything sim 4 has at the moment. Perhaps sim 3 with added emotions plus the careers in sim 4 that is not interesting. And perhaps it might be an improve sim 3 in time if they can release generations and make sim walk to work and university and just all the things that made the previous sim series great!

We want to see the sim great again with all its previous achievement that fan are so happy about! If they could read this and see and include only things that the fan are excited about and most popular that will help the game.
  • Options
    @Bookworkgirl Again, as I just replied to you in another thread, yes I agree :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BookworkgirlBookworkgirl Posts: 129 Member
    We need petition we need action to see if EA has heard us and we need to make the Sims great again! :) Open world is just not enough. Thank you King of simcity.
  • Options
    EvWarb_SimsEvWarb_Sims Posts: 5 New Member
    After growing up with the sims and watching it develop and evolve i was greatly disappointed with the sims 4 !
    Although the game play is smooth and animations are fun i found myself bored within an hour of gameplay.
    I am a huge SIMS fan and understand there are many different reasons a person may like the sims franchise i personally play for the family play! which the sims 4 seems to have completely brushed over.
    Pros: smooth, great animation and build mode is simple but effective
    Cons: no depth to the family play, No TODDLERS???(huge issue for me) Teens are more like adults and children have no real building blocks.
    In many ways it feels like the sims 4 is the sims one Upgraded !!! we have not evolved but stepped into the past with babies stuck in cribs then jumping to children.
    Also why are we having pointless expansion packs being released before fundamental IN GAME updates to make the game more realistic? Such as SEASONS? you can run a restaurant and go to a spa but there is no rain? no snow? its madness to me!!!
    I personally still play the sims 3 and sims 2 and have not been pursuing the sims 4 Until it shows a sign of being the game i LOVED!!
    hopefully this isnt the end of the sims.
  • Options
    mchristy1963mchristy1963 Posts: 29 Member
    After playing sims 4 on and off since its inception, I have finally decided to quit playing the game for good. After introducing transgender into the game so it can be Politically Correct was the last straw... the game itself was not that much fun to play as it was, with no interesting and fun sim-packs ever coming out, (unless you like clubs, and dancing, and more clubs and dancing and more clubs, swimming and dancing) but now with stuff like this??? Ill go back to Sims 3, which was a FAR and away much better platform, even WITH all its bugs, than Sims 4 will ever be.

See ya Sims 4 you stink!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Sorry that you feel that way about Sims 4. But this just feedback on the game, and should moved to the Feedback Forum.
  • Options
    Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The best Sims game is the game you like best. That varies from person to person and the way that personal preference is presented differs from person to person as well (from "that's my favourite because..' to "that one is the freakin' best and it blows all the others out of the water"). All I can say is that Sims 3, in spite of its flaws and issues, is my personal favourite, black sheep or not. 'Black sheep' doesn't have a negative connotation for me by the way, I like black sheep. What a dull place the world would be without them.

The interesting thing is, that in music it's cool to not like what everyone likes, what's popular. Nobody wants to be 'mainstream', right? (I don't care myself by the way, I like what I like) But with this game people are constantly convincing each other that the most popular game in general therefore must be the best. It so totally doesn't respect individual taste and playing style. And it's so pointless. It's only interesting to EA, what do we care?.

I'm going to contribute to Sims 4's sales figures myself later today by the way. That 50% off GT simply is too tempting to let go.

TS3 is the perfect example of how a sequel to a game should be. It had majority of the features from the previous iteration, but at the same time had big improvements/new ideas (open world) TS4 just does not.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The best Sims game is the game you like best. That varies from person to person and the way that personal preference is presented differs from person to person as well (from "that's my favourite because..' to "that one is the freakin' best and it blows all the others out of the water"). All I can say is that Sims 3, in spite of its flaws and issues, is my personal favourite, black sheep or not. 'Black sheep' doesn't have a negative connotation for me by the way, I like black sheep. What a dull place the world would be without them.

The interesting thing is, that in music it's cool to not like what everyone likes, what's popular. Nobody wants to be 'mainstream', right? (I don't care myself by the way, I like what I like) But with this game people are constantly convincing each other that the most popular game in general therefore must be the best. It so totally doesn't respect individual taste and playing style. And it's so pointless. It's only interesting to EA, what do we care?.

I'm going to contribute to Sims 4's sales figures myself later today by the way. That 50% off GT simply is too tempting to let go.

People always claim Sims 4 as the black sheep, and those people claim Sims 3 as an all-powerful god to save them from Sims 4. At least, that's how I see it.

*Poor choice of wording.
    I agree there's a lot of bombastic language going on here, but though a devoted Sims 3 fan myself, I don't consider the game an 'all-powerfull god'. Since a god is almighty and flawless and Sims 3, well... is not ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    After playing sims 4 on and off since its inception, I have finally decided to quit playing the game for good. After introducing transgender into the game so it can be Politically Correct was the last straw... the game itself was not that much fun to play as it was, with no interesting and fun sim-packs ever coming out, (unless you like clubs, and dancing, and more clubs and dancing and more clubs, swimming and dancing) but now with stuff like this??? Ill go back to Sims 3, which was a FAR and away much better platform, even WITH all its bugs, than Sims 4 will ever be.

See ya Sims 4 you stink!

Don't let the door hit your transphobic 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on the way out!
    ZackbradZackbrad Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2016
    I think the ea is like the cultural revolution in china. Out with the old and genius features and in with the new boring features.

The old: Toddlers, Pets, Cemeteries, Create a style, originality.
    The new: Selfies, Transgendered sims, Males magically give birth to babies (probably through their bum), Neglected babies sacrificed to the green mist of death and doom from which there is no return, and names that are censored if they do not belong to an ea developer.
    OriginID: bradleymee
    giphy.gif
    Holler if you're ready for some summer nights.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

See ya Sims 4 you stink!

Don't let the door hit your plum plum on the way out!

Disagree +1
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I see this thread getting closed soon. Too bad for that.
  • Options
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I see this thread getting closed soon. Too bad for that.

the chinese government censors stuff they don't want to hear too. so i'm not surprised

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I miss everything I like.....

I mean, there could not be a worse time to come to the forums than October 2015.... just after the LOL and Disagree buttons were removed. I feel that taking away those buttons seemed to spark the hostility that the forums have today. I came in the darkest period for these forums....
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    I miss the Sims, it's such a shame they aren't in The Sims 4.
    raw
  • Options
    @Gruffman This thread has surprisingly been burning for a while which is strange considering it is really not much more than another 'my game is better than your game' type thread. These type of threads never go anywhere and the concept is beyond stale which is no disrespect to the OP however.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    @Gruffman This thread has surprisingly been burning for a while which is strange considering it is really not much more than another 'my game is better than your game' type thread. These type of threads never go anywhere and the concept is beyond stale which is no disrespect to the OP however.

I don't even mind it so much that it is a this is better than that thread ... at least it is talking about a game, but the lines get blurred, the small snide comments ensue, and then the focus shifts from the game to other people. To me, that is what gets old.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    so... you're saying if ts4 was a person that they'd have little hands, a bad comb over, and not be nearly as successful as they brag that they are?
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    edited June 2016
    "My game is better than your game because reasons!"
    "I agree, our game is better, your game stinks!"
    "Well, I actually like this other game, so..."
    "I said that game stinks! Accept it!"

My impression of this thread. You may be offended, but it's what I see when coming here.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    SimFan298 wrote: »
    "My game is better than your game because reasons!"
    "I agree, our game is better, your game stinks!"
    "Well, I actually like this other game, so..."
    "I said that game stinks! Accept it!"

My impression of this thread. You may be offended, but it's what I see when coming here.

What I'm telling you is that few understand what it means to be ruler of a land where the sim who sits on a toilet and roasts watermelon is king, and only the few can fully appreciate The Sims 4.
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • Options
    MystichannaMystichanna Posts: 26 Member
    The incredibly funny random make me lmao fall off my chair humor is missing in sims 4 . Sims 2 had so many nuggets of humor and crazy things that went on planned and unplanned. Sims 3 had some but lost some didn't have as much humor.The sims 2 team had an awesome sense of humor. Sims 4 team dry hardly any humor nor random surprises . I still like playing the game but find and agree the story and play and characters are missing something. I really miss the humor the most.
  • Options
    mattandphilsims2mattandphilsims2 Posts: 136 Member
    I personally think The Sims 3 was the worst. I know many disagree, but I think it was a hideous game (the art style was atrocious and the Sims looked awful), the animations were stiff and robotic, the open world was bland and 99% rabbit holes, and the gameplay was nothing special. Of course I miss certain things, but I think most aspects of The Sims 4 have more polish. TS4 has a wonderful UI, CAS, build/buy, animations and graphics. I agree that a lot of core gameplay is missing, but I still think it's better than The Sims 3.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2016
    I personally think The Sims 3 was the worst. I know many disagree, but I think it was a hideous game (the art style was atrocious and the Sims looked awful), the animations were stiff and robotic, the open world was bland and 99% rabbit holes, and the gameplay was nothing special. Of course I miss certain things, but I think most aspects of The Sims 4 have more polish. TS4 has a wonderful UI, CAS, build/buy, animations and graphics. I agree that a lot of core gameplay is missing, but I still think it's better than The Sims 3.
    Yes, I disagree. The art style is beautiful, the sims are fine and even sexy when you know how to create them, the animations are smooth and realistic, the open world is amazing and immersive, about 5% is rabbithole (if not less, I'm bad at guessing but clearly not as bad as you) and the gameplay is enough to pull me in and don't let go untill I force myself to quit. But have fun with Sims 4 of course, you clearly love the game.

"So yes, I agree, I wish The Sims 4 would just end already. It would be a relief to close down my fan site and stop having to worry about TS4. I constantly overanalyze it and talk about why it's not that good and I'm sick of it. I'm sick of getting excited about new content and expecting toddlers and being disappointed. It's honestly just exhausting being a fan of The Sims these days."
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2016

See ya Sims 4 you stink!

Don't let the door hit your plum plum on the way out!

xDDD best comment ever (Bestest wishes to the LGBT community <3 )
    2vc864m.jpg