Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I Get Some Help Placing Lots?

I'm remodeling Moonlight Falls because, as much as I like the families there, I find the town really boring and awkwardly laid out. But I'm running into the classic issue of not being able to place lots despite NOTHING being in the way. It's saying it can't be placed on another lot, while it's CLEARLY not (near, yes, but not at all on) and the "unroutable terrain" issue, which is weird because I'm trying to place it in the middle of town on a completely flat stretch of land. Is there any to place this stupid lot? Is there a cheat (NOT a mod, I don't do mods) that'll let me place it?

Comments

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2016
    Does the lot type of the lot you are placing match the type you are placing it on.If you try to place a dive bar on a residential etc you cannot.Also make sure the land is level with terrain tools.Hard to understand your question so just mentioning little things it could be.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited May 2016
    Not even a mod will allow you to place a lot (i.e. empty lot from the World Editor which is what I think you are asking about) when the game thinks there's another lot or road in the way. And the unrouteable terrain issue depends on how the creators (in this case EA) laid down the Non-Routable terrain paint when creating the world. If you want more control then you'll have to learn Create-A-World and get the Moonlight Falls files from the Cawster site to essentially create your own Moonlight Falls.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've been blocked from putting down a new lot footprint (the thing that looks like a grid) in places where there used to be a footprint before as if the game thinks there is still one there. It can be really annoying, too. Is this what was meant?

Sometimes I can get it fixed by placing a 10x10 footprint overlapping with where I wanted a larger one to be and then bulldozing it. Sometimes that doesn't help. And sometimes the world map "let's go" of whatever is blocking the newer footprint in a later, sometimes much much later, episode of Edit Town. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SerabeeSerabee Posts: 135 Member
    Yah, sorry, I meant placing a new blank lot in the world editor, not placing a building or whatever on a lot. Should've been more clear =p

So it looks like there really isn't much I can do, then? I've definitely had the issue with the "ghost lot", where the game still thinks one is there but it isn't, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Ugh... at this point, I'm moving my two favorite families to another town. I just hate the flat, dull look of Moonlight Falls. Now I just need to decide where...
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Serabee wrote: »
    I'm remodeling Moonlight Falls because, as much as I like the families there, I find the town really boring and awkwardly laid out. But I'm running into the classic issue of not being able to place lots despite NOTHING being in the way. It's saying it can't be placed on another lot, while it's CLEARLY not (near, yes, but not at all on) and the "unroutable terrain" issue, which is weird because I'm trying to place it in the middle of town on a completely flat stretch of land. Is there any to place this stupid lot? Is there a cheat (NOT a mod, I don't do mods) that'll let me place it?

I've had this happen a lot not just in Moonlight Falls. There are some existing lots in all the worlds that if you move them will not go back where they were if you change your mind, or the game won't let you place another lot in the same space even though there is nothing there. I call these glitchy lots and do my best to leave them where they are otherwise one big empty space in my world! It's also frustrating that some lot sizes EA likes to use are not available for us to use, such as the 60 x 60 size or the 30 x 40 size.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    It's also frustrating that some lot sizes EA likes to use are not available for us to use, such as the 60 x 60 size or the 30 x 40 size.

There's a mod at MTS that lets you temporarily add any lot size you want to the World Editor, and by default automatically adds the 60x60 and 30x40 lot sizes.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2016
    It looks like you've already given up on Moonlight Falls but just in case... Someone added more lots, rearranged some things, and included routing fixes. All premades remain in the world. Instructions on how to replace the world file is in the download notes. This is not a mod. It's simply a world revamp and it will overwrite the original Moonlight Falls world file. You can keep the original backed up somewhere.
    http://heavensims.tumblr.com/post/56740791157/200-followers-gift-moonlight-falls-default
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/