Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT SIMS 4 THAT DRAWS YOU CLOSE?

jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
As someone who sees almost no draw to sims 4, I ask those who like/love sims 4, why do you keep playing it? What is in store for you?
**For those who skim OP posts, that's TWO QUESTIONS to answer.**
In essence, I'm asking what the draw is with sims 4 because I don't see/have it.

***When I say what's in store, I mean "What do you get from playing this game?"***
Post edited by jaxie086 on

Comments

• Options
    princessdylanprincessdylan Posts: 124 Member
    No pudding faces and the Sims 3 to me seems so dark and lifeless when I play it
    qodtl3.jpg
    Gallery & Origin: princessdyland
    I play the Sims 2/3/4 & Medieval
    Please use she/her pronouns (:
  • Options
    I keep playing it because its easy to play, the other games lag, take a long time to start up, etc. Sometimes I feel like just playing for an hour and I can do that with ts4.
    qodtl3.jpg
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Everything. o:)

The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    I have been enjoying the sims 4 since it came out because I see it as a new game. I love how they are trying to do different things with the game this time instead of recycling ideas from TS2 and TS3. I think some people pay more attention to what is "missing" that they don't realize that while it lacks some stuff and has some annoying bugs they did a good job incorporating other things that actually make the game fun. I like the content they have released so far even though is not perfect.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    Everything. o:)

The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made. :#

Ah, you're still here Colton! You probably don't know me but thanks to your infamy, I know your avatar very well!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I like the cooking skills like cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Gleesticky wrote: »
    For me it's the Sims themselves. They're gorgeous and so life like with expression.

expression thats very repetitive....
  • Options
    I keep playing it because its easy to play, the other games lag, take a long time to start up, etc. Sometimes I feel like just playing for an hour and I can do that with ts4.

This, I understand the ease of being able to play an "easy" game for an hour or two. In my opinion, sims should never have been a game that was "easy" to play.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited May 2016
    I like the art style so I enjoy how the whole thing looks and feels for me.
    I like the concept of focusing on emotions and think they've made a good start. I do think they need a bit more work but I find it enjoyable playing around with them.
    I love building in this game. Would like to have a way to edit public areas and terrain tools would be nice, but I still love building.
    I like how animated and lively the sims are.
    I love the club system.
    I like how easy it is for me to build stories and nudge, poke and prod my sims to watch the stories unfold and sometimes go in directions I didn't plan for or expect.
    I love that I can move between worlds and households without losing progress, etc., with my other sims.
    I could probably come up with more but I guess that more than covers what you were asking.

As for what's in store for me, restaurants, apparently. :) Seriously, I may have to make a Gordon Ramsay sim and do kitchen nightmares or something. I do actually have some ideas beyond that for restaurants, of course. I'm hoping we get toddlers back but I'm ok if we never do. I'm not actually one to expect specific packs though I wouldn't mind if we got seasons and supernaturals again.

ETA: Ok, so I misunderstood the second question. But I'm not sure what kind of answer to give for that--I get enjoyment out of playing the game and being able to design stories in my head and then see them play out (with or without unexpected alterations) in the game.
    Post edited by ebuchala on
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I've been wondering how many others stay interested too because the gameplay is repetitive to me. I mainly play sims 3 instead
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I like the concept of focusing on emotions and think they've made a good start. I do think they need a bit more work but I find it enjoyable playing around with them.
    I love building in this game. Would like to have a way to edit public areas and terrain tools would be nice, but I still love building.
    I love the club system.
    I like how easy it is for me to build stories and nudge, poke and prod my sims to watch the stories unfold and sometimes go in directions I didn't plan for or expect.
    I love that I can move between worlds and households without losing progress, etc., with my other sims.
    I could probably come up with more but I guess that more than covers what you were asking.

As for what's in store for me, restaurants, apparently. :) Seriously, I may have to make a Gordon Ramsay sim and do kitchen nightmares or something. I do actually have some ideas beyond that for restaurants, of course. I'm hoping we get toddlers back but I'm ok if we never do. I'm not actually one to expect specific packs though I wouldn't mind if we got seasons and supernaturals again.

Curious of me, did you ever play sims 2?
  • Options
    TechToTravisTechToTravis Posts: 133 Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > I like the cooking skills like cooking, gourmet cooking, and baking.

Same here! I love how the foods are so detailed.
  • Options
    jaxie086 wrote: »

This, I understand the ease of being able to play an "easy" game for an hour or two. In my opinion, sims should never have been a game that was "easy" to play.

Why shouldnt it be easy to play? I mean as in its easy to get the game up and running and its quick to close too, it's convenient also you dont have to go out of your way to do anything like you can open it JUST to make sims and save them then close it you dont have to create a whole new save etc
    qodtl3.jpg
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The gallery is one of the best things about the game for me. Just yesterday a friend wanted to know about making a heart shaped room. Not even 5 minutes later I had one made, on the gallery, and they had it downloaded and in their game. All in a couple clicks. I kinda wish CC was supported officially that way too. Might actually have some if it were, lol.

Though I heard about horror stories from the exchange thing in TS3, so... maybe not? lol
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    The gallery is one of the best things about the game for me. Just yesterday a friend wanted to know about making a heart shaped room. Not even 5 minutes later I had one made, on the gallery, and they had it downloaded and in their game. All in a couple clicks. I kinda wish CC was supported officially that way too. Might actually have some if it were, lol.

Though I heard about horror stories from the exchange thing in TS3, so... maybe not? lol
    Yeah I think it is safer that it isn't because of that. I don't mind downloading CC myself. That way I know where it comes from.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    > @Scobre said:

Well, if the whole game is crappy, but the food has variety and taste, then you are my person! *High Five* for foodies!
  • Options

I must agree, even for someone like me who doesn't like sims 4, the gallery is my favorite part. I love looking through other peoples creations :)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    > @Scobre said:

Well, if the whole game is crappy, but the food has variety and taste, then you are my person! *High Five* for foodies!
    Oh yeah I'm a big foodie. :) I love watching the Food Network channel. So funny there is an Iron Chef and Julia Child Sims version on the TV channels.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    i looove the CAS, the artstyle/aesthetic, the animations, how smooth it is, that they brought back the Sims humor...

but tbh i don't play the game much at all. outside of CAS, i get bored very quickly. that's only because we haven't gotten many EPs yet. once we start getting things like supernaturals, seasons, pets, etc... i'll be ecstatic.

'n i know some people are tired of hearing about the "potential" of Sims 4, but that is something else that keeps me so interested. Windenburg is gorgeous, definitely my favorite world in a Sims game. Dine Out looks fantastic, so detailed and even better than i imagined. that trailer seriously impressed me and made me so excited for the future of the game. if these things are anything to go by, which they are, then i think the game is headed in the right direction. :)
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options

Why shouldnt it be easy to play? I mean as in its easy to get the game up and running and its quick to close too, it's convenient also you dont have to go out of your way to do anything like you can open it JUST to make sims and save them then close it you dont have to create a whole new save etc

LOL I didn't mean opening the game up and closing it. I meant all the in between stuff; you know, the GAME
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I love the club system.

Curious of me, did you ever play sims 2?

I did but only at the beginning of it's life so I never had any of the expansions for it until UC came out. As much as I think I'd enjoy the gameplay, I can't get past the graphics these days.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    > @Scobre said:

Oh yeah I'm a big foodie. :) I love watching the Food Network channel. So funny there is an Iron Chef and Julia Child Sims version on the TV channels.

NO WAY! You just touched my little foodie heart <3 JULIA CHILDS!!!
  • Options
    BOY wrote: »
    i looove the CAS, the artstyle/aesthetic, the animations, how smooth it is, that they brought back the Sims humor...

but tbh i don't play the game much at all. outside of CAS, i get bored very quickly. that's only because we haven't gotten many EPs yet. once we start getting things like supernaturals, seasons, pets, etc... i'll be ecstatic.

'n i know some people are tired of hearing about the "potential" of Sims 4, but that is something else that keeps me so interested. Windenburg is gorgeous, definitely my favorite world in a Sims game. Dine Out looks fantastic, so detailed and even better than i imagined. that trailer seriously impressed me and made me so excited for the future of the game. if these things are anything to go by, which they are, then i think the game is headed in the right direction. :)

I must warn you, this is the exact thinking I had about sims 3 early on; "It will get better with each EP." But it didn't. Yes, there was more to do, but it didn't make the game any better