Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game's memory was better than mine

My goodness, the game remembered what was going on in the houses I rotate through better than I did. Last night I played a couple of sim days in a household and then rotated to a different family. I played a day there then quit the game to get a cup of coffee. I started the game but as it was loading I decided I was too tired to continue on. Made a few changes to the Desert Bloom park and shut the game down.

Now I'm getting to the interesting part :) When I started the game today, I was prompted to "resume play" at the household I had rotated away from last night. I was confused for a moment because I had never had the game not take me to the last played household when restarted. While mulling the situation over, staring blankly at the world screen, it suddenly dawned on me that a sim in the household I left was almost ready to have a birthday when I departed. I went ahead and loaded the house and it was indeed the sim's birthday. I was impressed. I had forgotten I was going to need to switch back but apparently the game didn't, lol.

Has this been a feature I had not noticed, or just not seen, until now, or is this something new? Curious if those who play rotationally have also had this happen.

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Mine says "resume play" on the last household I was playing.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I think with Luxury Party's "event" system, the game will not necessarily "remember" an event is about to take place, but will default to a household that has an event coming up that you'd miss if you played with another.

I made a family, with the grandparents moved out. I however, never played with the grandparents. I loaded it up once and the grandparents were listed as default. As soon as I loaded up the house, the first thing that popped up was the fact is was the grandmothers birthday.

The game isn't built to be smart enough to 'remember' but if you have an active household with a life event pop up, it will recommend you play that family. It's happened multiple times. But only seen it happen with Birthdays.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Don't know about it being a feature, but this has happened to me many times before for another reason.

I've noticed that if I build on a public lot, and I save and quit the game right after instead of playing another household, when I return to that save, it'll show my last played-with-household to be some completely random other household that's also marked as played.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Thanks for the input all!

@jackjack_k , so this might have come with Luxury Party. Wonder if it was patched in for everyone. I didn't mind the defaulting so I didn't miss throwing the sim a birthday party but was the first time I noticed this happening.

@DevilNDisguise , I have edited a lot and then quit the game before but, to my memory, have not been sent to a random played household on the next load of the save.

@alan650111 , perhaps you've not had an impending birthday scenario yet. I know I usually keep better track of where I need to be for a birthday in a played household. I only rotate through 3-4 households in a given save, so it's not too difficult to remember an upcoming birthday. I just had a forgetful moment this time around, lol.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I think with Luxury Party's "event" system, the game will not necessarily "remember" an event is about to take place, but will default to a household that has an event coming up that you'd miss if you played with another.

I made a family, with the grandparents moved out. I however, never played with the grandparents. I loaded it up once and the grandparents were listed as default. As soon as I loaded up the house, the first thing that popped up was the fact is was the grandmothers birthday.

The game isn't built to be smart enough to 'remember' but if you have an active household with a life event pop up, it will recommend you play that family. It's happened multiple times. But only seen it happen with Birthdays.

?? What system?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    That's a cool feature, from what everyone is saying. I'm strictly playing my Legacy Challenge family, and not in rotation with my other game save. So, once the challenge is completed and I return to my now long-neglected Sims, I shall see how this works. Cool, though. I imagine it won't work if you have aging on for only the active family. :/
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @GalacticGal , I don't imagine it would send you to a household that isn't aging. No birthday to celebrate :)